Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>> January 4, Friday Art Show <<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Hey Ive seen that before aint that the "T"??????

2. j conrad

j conrad

great start to the new year i love this place!!! i always get inspired when i see everybodys new stuff .. and thanks for the nice comments they make me want to come back the next week

3. Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

That phrase kinda sums up the way I (and no doubt a few others) feel about the FAS. Mainly because it works.

I can only show appreciation for the acknowledgment I receive here by doing exactly that & coming back.

I wish all who contribute here a healthy & prosperous 2013.

5. Pharouh

Pharouh

Same here!
    I'll be back next week.

Take care everyone.

6. jroberts

jroberts

Beautiful! Well done. Gotta love a Stude wagon with a stance like that.

7. lemorris

lemorris
    from Tucson, AZ

killer stuff.

Dig it Larry.

Very awesome Norwell.

53 from me

[​IMG]

8. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Froze my jiblets off,

But I spent the last 3 days painting the front doors of a friend's gameroom store. He is moving to a bigger place...
    [​IMG]
    Based off a Wurlitzer "Peacock" design from Tiffany's....
    [​IMG]
    and the numbers over the door...
    [​IMG]
    We had a 3 day car show all our own also....
    [​IMG]

9. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

:D
    Just great art work you ladys and gentleman.:D

10. Thanks Ken!

Tons of amazing stuff to sift through, great show all!

Jeff N., Larry... Wow!

Sorry Jeff, have only been working on unrelated stuff, sad to say... Good jobs tho, just
    completely wrong here. Trying to get back to it soon.

Here are a couple more that are closer... one is a quick sketch of my Grandpa's company car, a 46 or 47 Chevy coupe. no reference, just a blind study - - -

[​IMG]

Had Corvairs on the brain and have been researching old family pictures for a commission
    I'll be starting soon... the models hair and specks reflect that of my mother's and her little' sis' back around '62-'62... to match the '62 mild custom Corvair Monza coupe.

I was reminded that pre-1965 Corvairs ran 4 lug rims... this was, at first, a mistake I was going to fix on the drawing but then I remembered this is a mild Custom based on what I might do if were able to some day. I always have wanted a '62 that I could update with '65 or newer front end components and the 'Vette style rear assembly that uses true IRS axles so that's why the 5 bolts... (Yea, that's the ticket...) My dads' white over red '62 coupe and my own '62 Monza 700 Sedan and '64 coupe were my inspiration for this doodle...
    Even at that, this drawing still needs a lot of tweaking...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  11. metal man

metal man

I love Fridays! The talent on here is ridiculous. Martinsmaia, I really like those wooden toys you are making. Neato.

12. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Fantastic show this week, folks! Norwell, the Pie Cut Coupe is sweeeet! Larry- the 'tooned truck is awesome. Jigger, Lemorris, Spoggie, Bomonster, A32Flathead, Jen.....great stuff. I started a new job back in October and have been putting in a lot of 12+ hour days and have had almost no time for any art. I really miss having new art to post and hope that things slow down at some point so I can get back into my art. I still get lots of great inspiration here, just need to get some time to sit down and be creative.

13. Thanks Todd. I know what you mean, I was always feeling that way on the show. Now I'm looking for work have a few commissions but they are not related to the HAMB. Won't complain, rather, hope for more but I fear the day will come where I'm doing almost no car stuff again... Try to find a minute now and again and feed us the old stuff, we love all you've got! Congrats on the job!

14. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Thanks, Jigger! I dig the new job, but as I feared, it would take up all my art time. Our busy season is past for now, so hopefully, I'll have a bit more time to draw and paint.

15. Jen, truly sorry you're fighting an infection and can't pull stripes however selfish as I am always appreciate your other talents. And this weeks pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing once again.

16. Awesome start for the 2013 FAS !
    Happy New Year to all and hope to see everyone back here every friday with some great art to share.
    Stay warm, be cool .

17. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.