Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Your 2012...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Happy new year Ryan.

I think my favorite build(s) of 2012 is a list of about 6 cars, but since I only get to pick one I'll go with Scott Roberts 1941 Ford Pick-Up that Rod and Custom featured the July, 2012 issue.

I'm headed out to work in the shop and don't have time to find the photos I took of this beauty so here is a link.

http://image.rodandcustommagazine.c...000/1207rc-01+1941-ford-pickup+front-left.jpg

3. A few guys in the SFCC are building some kick ass hot rods, a few customs and a FED in the works, but without putting too fine a point on it I think my favourite build in 2012 is Dirty Old Man's Model A roadster (it will also see a lot more miles than the '32 pictured above)...

[​IMG]

Dirty Old Man, a.k.a. Handsome Dave, is 75 years young and still kickin' butt... and doing the work himself.

4. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

My favorite build of 2012 happens to be my own '33 truck. It's as casual as it comes. Shit paint, simple vintage sbc, simple Saginaw 4-speed....simple. like me. And it'll get driven often and hard, acquiring as many attaboy awards (scratches, dings and dents) as possible. That said, there are tons of great builds here this past year, too many to mention and pick a favorite, each offering me fresh ideas for my own build. Can I vote for my favorite web forum? This one wins!

5. BCR

BCR

Dirty Old Man will have to get after it.

Tom has driven the 32 from Cali to Indy back to Cali then to Scottsdale. It's no trailer queen.

Bad ass roadster and the owner is a cool guy as well.

6. There are so many contenders for that title.
    The thing is, from the power of the HAMB, I went to about 100 car shows,
    including GNRS, LSR, LARS, RJ's 1st, Bonneville, etc...
    Thank you to all that contributed their great coverage of all those events!
    It made it possible to see cars and events I wouldn't have otherwise been able to.

Witnessed about 30 or so really solid builds.
    Great cars and trucks and qualities of builds.
    Congrats to everyone that finished their projects this year!

My pick for 2012, MR Model T's
    The trip to the salt locked it for me.
    Bona Fide Hot Rod!!!

Happy New Year Ryan and to all members of the HAMB!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  7. Personally, I've been stuck here in Central F-L-A and haven't had the luxury of seeing some of these fabulous builds. But, one I HAVE seen was Chuck Burns' 32 Hi-Boy, which made its debut at the 2012 Winter Park Concours. Fellas, this "Jalopy" has been carefully constructed, in the highest order. Not one stone was left unturned. Killer, period correct, Hot Rod!!:cool: Love the color choices for body, top and interior.
    JT
    p.s. Fellow clubmember SwissMike's Model A is a close 2nd.

Attached Files:

8. Im split between malcom's roadster & thunderbirdesq's coupe

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Good pics... Both are great.

10. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Tom Gloy's 32 is sure bitchen..and Scott's 41 truck is super nice as well...hard to pick one...I'll take them all !

11. And they both made it to Bonneville and back!

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about Cory Taulbert's roadster:

[​IMG]

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

There are so many great builds right now...But this car always stands out and I hope it Stands the test of Time.....

There are many..but Jack Carroll's 5 winder just grabs me..
    Happy New Year!

[​IMG]

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yea...Cory's Roadster just rules...... so many.......

15. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Malcom's roadster gets my vote

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And... He drives the shit out of it. Quality guy.

17. Whats your favorite?

Not that all of the cars previously mentioned here are not at the top of my list but finally finishing the "Ranch Wagon" after 9 long years just has to be my favorite build.

The other cars mentioned may very well offer a more traditional hot rod look,,the wagon is my favorite! HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  18. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

My favorite is this little coupe I ran up on i Bowling Green Caint remember who built it Talked to him for along while but this car is Killer anyone knows this guy please post cause he should get some recignition.Sorry for tne spelling:D

Attached Files:

19. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

JT Chuck's car was at canal street last month. That car is fuckin perfect
    I'm not sure I could call it casual though.Hopefully we will see it at the Groundhog Gala
    Gregg

21. IRISH13

IRISH13
    from SoCal

The blue roadster, black roadster, and that 5 window are all perfection in my eyes. Jobs well done!

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

put me down for Nicks (malcoms) roadster. . . just a great car, plain and simple

Attached Files:

23. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Cory's roadster and the Steadfast tudor sedan really get me going.

steadfast 32 sedan.jpg

24. texdesoto

texdesoto

Jack Carroll's 5 winder just grabs me..

Man you said it!

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Cory's car is amazing. Nick's car is amazing. But, for me, Kirk Hanning's Sedan is beyond amazing. Built in his own garage with basic stuff.....3 yrs of hard work finally culminating into the baddest '34 Sedan for quite some time.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow, Hard choices. I'd have to go with Cory Taulbert's roadster. I'm not a big lover of 32's, but I respect what they represent. The difinitive hotrod. Cory's roadster looks like the kind of '32 I'd own. Nice, clean, simple and black.

When I got this months R&C, Tom Gloy's 32 was on the cover and the layout inside was fantastic. But as cool as it is, I could also see myself having to scrrew with that injection, probably every other month. It's a little too high maintenance for me. I can imagine tinkering with it and having to remind myself to clock the bolts and screws.

There's also a couple HAMB builds that I'd pick as best, but I can't seem to locate them. I'll keep digging. Again, a very hard choice, indeed.

27. That blue roadster rocks!

Can't say I'd kick any of the cars in this thread off my floor space. One of my fav's is Ooltewah's Buford-powered A roadster. And Ricky Bobby's green coupe, Rick Dreiling's flamed roadster, and on and on...

If it's a traditional car and done right -- no exposed bling billet, tweed or other cliche imanidiot engineering disasters or styling, then it rules.

28. haychrishay

haychrishay

Sorry Nick,I like you car but Cory's gets my vote! That car idling through the parking lot here in Des Moines sounded bitchin ! Im tempted to make the 40 sound like that !

29. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Kinda liked this doorless wonder ... Just wanted to slide my Levis over that paint and into the cockpit just once:)

Attached Files:

30. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I pick Bass' roadster. I like everything about it.

[​IMG]