Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gear Drive Speed & Custom / lakeheaders.com

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by saltflatmatt, Aug 8, 2011.

1. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Gear Drive Speed & Custom

Website - www.lakeheaders.com

Shop # 651*485*8075 (matt)

Build custom lake headers for traditional hot rods, cast some stuff and build fabricated multi-carb intakes for early engines.

#1 - Alliance Vendor for the HAMB!!!

#2 - 100's of satisfied HAMB customers

#3 - We are a small shop, you'll always deal with me!

#4 - I build one set of headers at a time, for your car.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A Alliance Vendor and supreme talented individual.On Time and on Budget. Gear Drive strives for perfection and delivers.
    My Baby Red Ram has never been happier.
    2 Thumbs up!

Attached Files:

3. moter

moter

Matt built my headers. Great guy to work with. Top quaility product! Best headers on the market!

4. Matt does outstanding work. Take a look at what he did for me!

Attached Files:

5. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

just got my headers from Matt, couldn't be happier. Less than two weeks after we spoke they were at my front door. The headers are beautiful, flanges are 3/8" thick! I opted for the bolt-in baffles and turnouts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Simply one of the best out there....

7. Matt is a real class act. I bought a set of lake headers, baffles and turnouts. Welds are top notch, packing was excellent, Matt is very personable, reasonable with price and is customer service oriented with a product that can sell itself!

I'd recommend Matt to anyone and plan on getting more header/zoomies sets in the future from him. I just got a 49 Ford Flathead so Matt will be hearing from me again soon.

8. A tub

A tub

got my headers from matt today, opened the box ,and my jaw dropped in awe,and 2 words come to mind FUCKIN AWESOME ,these are everything promised and sooooooooooo much more,to suit my 8ba flatty ,they are truly an awesome piece to have for my A model tub, they look fantastic, no clearance issues what so ever,perfect welds,pure artwork and a fast and reliable service especially since im in Australia, id say to anybody overseas or otherwise like myself go for gold here if you want some lake style headers , call matt, email matt do what ever you can to get in contact with him, hes a legend at what he does , and keeps all his promises, a true champion in my mind , i could seriously not be happier with em, I'd say the best money ive ever spent on anything for my A model, pure quality out of the box who could ask for more.
    But most of all A MASSIVE THANKS TO MATT i can't thank you enough
    1st - hes an outright awesome guy!
    2nd -hes a stand up guy
    3rd- keeps all his promises
    4th-fast and reliable service
    5th- the guys an artist at what he does
    6th- hes a hamb alliance vendor, so support him as a fellow hamber
    7th- you would be crazy to use anyone else
    go check out his site lakeheaders.com u wont regret it at all

9. Honest. On-time. Right on the money. Matt's the only guy I'll ever have make me pipes.
    He's my 327's godfather.

10. Pinewood

Pinewood

If you need lake headers- you need Gear Drive. Work with Matt who will build what you want and fits the first time! Looking forward to my next set already.

[​IMG]

11. I got my Lake-Headers from Matt and I couldn't be any happier with them. Great product and service!

12. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I talked to Matt at the PileUp about headers for my AV8 project as I had seen him there the previous year but wasn't ready to buy. He sold all the flathead headers he brought but still sold me a pair at the show price and shipped them to me. Top notch workmanship and a great guy to deal with. If you need headers, this is the place!

13. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Matt at Gear Drive Speed & Custom always delivers.
    I have had two sets of lake headers made. One for a customer car and one for my personal car. Take a look and let the pics tell the story.

Attached Files:

14. Bull

Bull

I've got 3 sets of headers by Matt and can't say enough about them. Perfect!

Set 1 - production lake headers (were on the car when i bought it from another HAMBer in CA):
    [​IMG]

Set 2 - one-off custom units utilizing 35 Ford inner driveshafts:
    [​IMG]

Set 3 - flatty lake headers (with caps, downtubes and kickstand lake pipes by Titus):
    [​IMG]

15. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Matt is the best. Great to work with and killer headers! Thanks for working with me on my headers and doing an awesome job. They are perfect.

16. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Matt
    Got my driveshaft headers and they look awsome....thanks for the quick service.
    Next stop is the chrome platers.

17. RedneckBuz

RedneckBuz
    from Tulsa

Called Matt up this afternoon, told him what i was looking for on my 31 A. He gave me his recomendation on what i should go with. He was very personable and helpful. I looked at all of his customer cars and read every thread about his shop. Everything looks great. I will be ordering my headers tonight.

18. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Was just at the Turkey Run in Daytona over Thanksgiving, and was thrilled to see that Matt was set up at the swap meet!

Picked his brain, & got all the parts I need from him to build the headers for my Olds. He also had various built lakes headers there, & they are really beautiful. His work is first rate.

Matt went above & beyond, giving me a ton of advice that will REALLY help me out when I build my headers. These are the things that vendors rarely do anymore, especially when they build headers themselves for a living.

Thanks for your help Matt, it is refreshing to see that great service does still exist in today's world. You have earned a customer for life, thanks bud.

I'll send you some pics once I get to that point, thanks again Matt!

Dan

19. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Matt does rad work! I've had great experiences with his stuff. Quality stuff made in the USA!

CHUCKLES APPROVED!

20. CGkidd

CGkidd

Just ordered my second set from Matt. Can't wait to see them. I will post pics when they arrive.

21. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

22. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I ordered a U Fab intake from him years ago. Marcy was kind enough to deliver it to Billet Proof out in Antioch. Good people.

23. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Matt is a great guy and very easy to do business with. I have a customer who was unsure of the header design he wished to use, until the car was completed. I was not feeling very comfortable welding on and around painted surfaces. In comes Matt to the rescue and PERFECTION !!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      80.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
  24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I talked to Matt on the phone on Monday, placed an order for a friend of mine (who got some great ideas and advice from Matt), and the FE Ford U-weld header kit arrived on Wednesday.

Great product and great guy to deal with. Thanks, man!!

Malcolm

25. marx

marx

I'm on my second hot rod build, and my second set of Gear Drive headers. Nobody takes more pride in their craft than Matt. Without question the finest HAND-made ALL American header builder out there. I don't even think twice about headers any more. I call Matt, tell him what I'm running, what I'm running it in, and he knows what I need.
    Nice thing about buying from Matt: your hard-earned hot-rod dollars stay on the American roadways, 'cuz that money is going right back into his hot rod, too! Built for Hot Rodders, by Hot Rodders!

26. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Just fitted my headers to my roadster and I couldn't be happier. Matt is an absolute Gent to deal with and gave me a real quick turn around+Alliance discount. You won't go wrong with GearDrive.

Attached Files:

27. joee

joee

i've bought a lot of headers over the years...but none,none have been as good as matt's. i've purchased 3 sets in the last couple of years...remember good and cheap don't work !!!!

28. Just won my first award for best traditional rod - I know the headers played a big part there - thanks Matt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. jlibert

jlibert
    from fresno

just got a set for a 455 old's '31 coupe. Build quality, fit and finish outstanding!
    Forgot to ask for the Alliance discount, but still worth every penny and then some.
    [​IMG]

30. Matt spent a considerable amount of time with me at the Iron Invasion. He explained how to set up the headers and the differences between the models.

I selected his new style headers based on a 1935 Ford tapered torque tube. They are beautiful and work just fine with my 1926 Ford Model T Roadster Pickup. They look like they were meant to be there.

Thanks, Matt!