Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***** HOT ROD HUNDRED**** coming to a city near you...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

No, we have a hard enough time keeping up with the adult sizes. Sorry. Maybe in the future.

2. All the registration stuff is loaded in the wife's vehicle, my eyelids are heavy, yet my mind is racing to try and not forget anything needed for tomorrow.

3. Well poop... I guess the kids will have to look on with envy!

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

:)By them an adult small and they can wear it for 7 years.

5. I was absolutely blown away by the turn out today. I think someone counted 72 cars at the first stop.

Thanks to all of my friends who made this event a success!

Unfortunately, I was too preoccupied with other things and didn't take pictures. Hopefully a thread will pop up and provide some event coverage.

Looking forward to doing it again!

6. gonmad

gonmad

Awesome job Brett!! A darn near PERFECT day!!

Posted using the Kool kustom H.A.M.B. App!

7. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

We really had a good time. The route was excellent and thanks for figuring in the restroom breaks. Beautiful countryside. A special thanks to all who made this happen. Great Chilli at the end as well. Sam

8. gbrown

gbrown

Awesome job everyone!

Here is a link to the pictures I took.

Click Here

Thanks

-Q

9. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Hey Sam, I think you were gone when the awards were handed out. But, guess who got your Hard Luck Award...... Pretty bad when a sponsor of the event gets an award...:rolleyes:

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man how did I miss this! Let's see those photos and I'll drool and plan for next year :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Those are some great pics. I hope the one in North Texas turns out as nice.

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

You can still make the OK/TX run in June.:)

13. gbrown

gbrown

I had such a great time on this one that I'm thinking about going on the OKC/Texas one.

14. Me too! Have you registered yet?

15. What a great day. Thanks to Bret and BenD for all their hard work. The route was perfect.
    Later,
    Dick

16. Dick and Quentin, you guys deserve some thanks, as well, since you were guys that provided quality control on the route selection.

The day that we did the "route scout", and the feedback that you gave me, provided the validation that the route was acceptable. I think that the biggest question, at the end of that day, was "where the heck are we going to actually finish this thing?" Shortly after that, BenD contacted me about ending in Crane, and it was solved (with the exception of my missing Hwy K/PP and adding 10 miles to the already 140 mile map)

The plan, at least for now, is to keep it on Easter Saturday. Looks like April 4, will be the 2015 date.

17. No not yet, after this weekend I will know more. I have some brake issues I fixing... My kids are excited though! :D

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Dick for watching after us. It was kool to be able just to follow someone
    and not worry where we were or where to turn... You made it an easy cruise..

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The Wife seemed interested when I mentioned the STL trip, maybe we can get some KC guys to convoy over. :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Come on over.

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm planning on a 4 day weekend in STL. Stop by and see Brian Fox's new shop. Run over to the Hill for some dinner and see the sights.

22. I'm planning on being there with the '40 coupe, and helping Clay with the event.

23. Pre-registration time is winding down for the OkC and DFW Hot Rod Hundreds. Be sure to get your paperwork sent in prior to May 30, so we can plan accordingly. I'd planned on taking the coupe to OkC, but it looks like those plans have changed and I'll be doing the run in the stake truck.

24. Rusty

Rusty

Can't wait for this one!

bchrismer likes this.
  25. Roothawg

Roothawg

The deadline is closing in.....

26. I am thankful to have this as a deadline! Otherwise, I might not have a good excuse to get my car back on the road. Nothing like the last minute thrash and test drive the day of the event (or maybe evening before). If I don't get started soon, that will be my story (again)...

27. Roothawg

Roothawg

To make things easier on everyone, we will be setting up a PayPal account later this week.

28. that would be great, thanks

29. Roothawg

Roothawg

Just received a preregistration from Iowa! I think we may have our "long haul" winner!

30. I've been messing around with the '40 stake truck, which I plan to bring to the June 14th event, and discovered I have a valve issue. The ring that goes between the spring and retainer, on the #5 exhaust valve, is broken and missing. I found pieces of it in the valley, but will have to get that done before chugging down Hwy 44 towards OkC.

For you Texas guys, get your registrations turned in. Dan needs to know how many to plan on and how many T-shirts to order. It was cool, seeing all the Hot Rod Hundred shirts that were worn during the Stray Kat 500. I took that as an endorsement that they had a great time AND that they liked the shirts! Get registered so you don't miss out on the shirt!

North Texas Registration Form is here: http://hotrodhundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HRH-tex-reg.pdf

Oklahoma Registration Form is here: http://hotrodhundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HRH-5-OK-reg.pdf

Wanna see what these things are about, check out the "Events" page here: http://crossmemberscc.com/events.html