Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Ad Choices" Ads on TJJ main page

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by HEMI32, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Just curious when & why the "Ad Choices" flash advertisements were added to The Jalopy Journal main page:

TJJ AdChoices Verizon Ad.JPG

I had just finished paying my Verizon Wireless bill ... so it's obvious that this was a targeted Ad (i.e., used my browser cookies).

I thought that with the exception of TJJ Sponsor Ads, TJJ and the H.A.M.B. were "pop-up" Ad free for members logged onto the site (i.e., HAMB threads only included Ads if you weren't logged in).

Again, not an issue ... I am just curious.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We've had ads on the homepage since day 1. That's how I make my living!

As for ads on the forum, you will never see ads on the forum if you are logged in.

3. I realize that you have always had TJJ Sponsor / Alliance vendor Ads on the homepage ... I had just never seen animated gif or flash Ads (for non automotive related products) on the homepage ... Guess I'm not very observant!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App for iPhone!

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We've sold that spot to google about a year ago. They are allowed to do animation, but there should be NO pop ups. Did you get a pop up?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. I'm thinking the Verizon pop-up I encountered was the result of me inadvertently clicking the Verizon Ad when I was scrolling to the bottom of the TJJ homepage.

It's all good!

Enjoy yourself at the LSRU!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App for iPhone!

6. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i saw it too for the first time. i shut it off thinking i had a virus. i dont remember what the ad was for, but it caught me off gaurd.

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I see ad's between post's on a Nexus tablet that was free from Google Fiber on the HAMB post's when I click them and scroll down. Sorry that I haven't renewed my Alliance Membership, but life has sorta' changed over the past year and half.

I was kinda' wondering the same thing.......when I scroll down on a post an "advertisement" is between a post from a member. I don't really care, but I figured that I would give you a heads up.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Your tablet is adding the ads. If you are logged it, you will not see any ads at all.

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

If you meant "logged in".......I'm logged in when it dumps the ad's between the post's, it doesn't do that on the iPhone. I just do like other sites and scroll thru it/ignore it.

On a positive note, I did find Corky's show via the TJJ page & I don't watch alot of television and now I DVR his show of cruising the back roads of America.

Chris