Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car for sale question

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 2935ford, Mar 31, 2014.

1. 2935ford

2935ford

I have a question regarding selling a vehicle here and I hope this is the right place to start......

Here's what I have.......
    A valid and MOT clear 1932 Ford pickup title (not a title for sale which I know is banned). I rfepeat.....I am not selling a title as a document.....this is a valid title that once built as a complete vehicle can be insured, plated, and placed on the road like any other vehicle.

Here's what I want understood..........
    I have only the clutch housing that has the matching serial #'s to this title that Ford stamped on it at the time of production in 1932 and a few other pieces (seats, rad and both running boards). This will allow anyone to build a 1932 Ford pickup.

Here is what happened.
    The gentleman who had this truck had it torn apart with the intention of building it. Unfortunately, it took more time than was planned and during this time most of the major parts that wre left outside went missing.....through theft.
    What he was left with was what was up in the rafters out of sight and reach of the theives and what I know have mentioned above.

I want to ask here first before I post this for sale to insure it will be allowed and not pulled as a "title" for sale.

2. jkeesey

jkeesey

I think as long as you sell the housing with it all is good. Same with frames or engines.

3. 2935ford

2935ford

Thanks.
    That is my intention. The model B had the serial# stamped on the clutch housing (and frame) not the engine like the model A's.

4. jkeesey

jkeesey

Yeah, Henry realized how bad the engine stamping idea was. Change your engine and now your illegal.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Welll, just checked with Ryan and he says no......
    takes care of that!

looks like i'll be building a pickup......