Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roy Drappa coupe

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by BC Texas, Dec 15, 2011.

1. BC Texas

BC Texas
    from Arp. Texas

Does anyone have pictdures of the Roy Drappa car. I was going to take pictures myself but there was a crowd around it every time. Then forgot to go back when they cleared out. Sure would like to have som shots of it.
    Thanks

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That car was amazing. He was really cool too, I walked up and was like "This car is awesome". It seemed like he was kinda surprised, but he gave me a tour of the car. Has a little v8 60 in it. There was a little dinky 40's desk fan in front of the radiator- "On hot days I just flip this on" he told me. There was an ignition key switch under the visor and two door poppers, when he wants to secure the car he just takes the key which kills the power to the switches. Same thing inside. Awesome, awesome car and guy! I was curious to see what wheels were under the covers, I noticed from behind they are definitely some sort of artillery type...

[​IMG]

3. BC Texas

BC Texas
    from Arp. Texas

Thanks for the picture and the info. The 94 info helps also. Running dual 94's, progressive on a b model 4 banger. Got to change out my pvs.
    Where does Drappa come from? Didn't get to talk to him. Would like more pictures of his car.

4. ET66

ET66

Wife and I talked to Roy and his son for awhile. He is from Superior Nebraska, a small city near the Kansas border. A couple of real cool guys, and a real cool car too.:)

5. 46stude

46stude

Here's the ones I got. It was a hard car to get a decent pic of. I don't know exactly what it is about it, but I just love the rear bumper.

Attached Files:

6. OldTC

OldTC

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  7. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

Ok guys that's my dad's car Roy Drapal. The wheels are 1939 Ford wide 5 wheels under the caps. My dad took the spindles and hydraulic of a 39 because that was what he had. The tires he bought from the Sears & Roubuck catalog in 1948.

www.droppedaxles.com

Attached Files: