Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln's Greatest Hits...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Lincoln! The car that has been monetarily just out of my grasp since I received my liscence, but I sure do love them...and hope to own one some day.

3. The '56/'57 Mark II, in my opinion, were the most beautiful cars that Henry ever produced. Maybe one day I'll own one!

4. Thunderroad312

Thunderroad312

I have owned many Lincolns over the years, though never any of the milestones, and I can say they were all truly fine cars. From a corporate/ marketing perspective they have had their share of identity crisis over the years. I hope they stay with us for awhile as a viable alternative to Cadillac. Also having worked in automotive repair and restoration for over 35 years, I can say in many ways they surpass Cadillac, except for one. Resale value. Cadillac succeeded many years ago marketing their "standard of the world". Both are great cars.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013

5. JJK

JJK

Some of the finest examples of American automotive design came from the Lincoln line.

moefuzz likes this.
  6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting that in their video, as they progressed from one 'milestone' car to another, right after the 60's suicide Conti convertable came... the same Conti convertable, and then their most modern car. It's as if they are admiting that they haven't made anything worth admiring since about 1966.

7. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

hits...

Attached Files:

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

I drove Lincolns when you couldn't give them away.
    Wish I would have been able to get a tad more than the handul of Franklins that each one speed away for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful cars

9. froghawk

froghawk

Interesting and understandable that they skipped the '58-'60 Lincolns and Continentals and all those eyesores from the '70s and early '80s!

10. My old 61 Convertible. Came to an unfortunate end (in my mind). The guy I sold it to put giant blingy wheels on it and changed the white top to a blue canvas top.

[​IMG]

I have a 61 Unibody pick up and was looking for ideas on it and someone suggested having the tail gate say Lincoln instead of Ford or Mercury. If I can figure out a way to do this I think it would be kind of cool.

11. eddie1

eddie1

That is exactly what I was thinking as well.

12. Here is a couple pics of my '56 Lincoln Premiere. Can't wait to get her on the road! I love the long lines and gentle flow. Can't wait to see what the future Lincolns have in store for us.

Attached Files:

13. gatz

gatz

Sold this one a few years ago.
    Nice car, but didn't drive it as much as I had planned to.

Attached Files:

14. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was a fine looking car. Sorry it got pimped. :(

For the truck, I would say don't do that unless you are willing to go farther towards making it a "Lincoln" truck. Like converting the doors to suicide or making it into a "Blackwood" to ape the Lincoln trucks of 2001 (sort of a precursor truck).

15. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Lincoln had some clean designs in the sixties as well as some ginormas land yachts that reduced the occupants to the size of ants....relatively speaking, of course.

Attached Files:

16. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

O.k my 56 in my avatar,and album.Have 57 also.They are great looking cars..

17. I agree, except the Mark II's were Continental's. Continental was a stand alone division during the Mark II run.

[​IMG]

18. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the 56 Continental and the 40 Zepher coupe. Had a great Aunt who bought a 56 Continental new and came to visit-I was 13 and thought it was the coolest car I had ever seen--there were none in our local area. Also a very old fellow used to drive a black 40 coupe and park it in front of the bank once a month--was as new and again the only one around that I had ever seen.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Still a product of Henry Ford, was it not?

21. Absolutely!!

22. :DThese are all in a barn somewhere - top secret - wink / wink.....:D

I recall the door on the '32 was built as heavy and solid as a bank vault. I've never closed a door on a car like that door. They are great automobiles.

Attached Files:

23. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

The 54 models were rugged !

Attached Files:

• LS2.jpg
      LS2.jpg
      File size:
      84 KB
      Views:
    • LS 1.jpg
      LS 1.jpg
      File size:
      71.7 KB
      Views:
  24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I have been fortunate to own some early 60's Continentals. I love driving them, but don't like repairing them.

I was fortunate to own a 32 Victoria tudor. It now resides in a museum in Germany.

I thought my 37 Zephyr coupe was the best Lincoln ever, but I was so very happy to trade it for a 54 Olds Starfire convertible.

Recently, this was added to the stable. I must say, I like it even better than the 37.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There's a '66 near me with suicide doors and 24" rims. Everytime I see it I ask, "WTF".

26. Racerex

Racerex

The '39 zephyr coupe is the classiest car ever built. Bar none.

27. My '49 Lincoln coupe.

As I got it.

[​IMG]

And as it is now with Caddy 500 power.

[​IMG]

28. Wish one of you dreamers would buy my 56 Continental,sure could use th garage space.

29. Lincoln doesn't make them self a favour when the name the Continental Mark II a milestone Lincoln. That one for sure a milestone car, but is a Continental, not a Lincoln. It is just as bad as saying a that a Mercury is Lincoln...

30. My uncle Jim got a new Lincoln every few years. starting in 1960. big and black low and wide. him and my uncle Harold whom drove Olds were always going at. LOL