Register now to get rid of these ads!

av8 Paul Paul Howard sad news

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Garage Lady, Feb 17, 2011.

1. The Garage Lady

The Garage Lady

I am a very good friend of Paul & Marge Howard from Sagamore Beach MA, better known as av8Paul. Paul and Marge are out here in Arizona vacationing. As I know how much you all meant to Paul I am bringing you all very sad news.

<O:p</O:pUnfortunately Paul Howard passed away last night Feb 16, 2011 @ 11:00 pm in Fountain Hills AZ do to a heart attack. I want you all to know that he had checked off another one of his “bucket list” by going to the Grand National with his roadster and his side kick Marge. They spent the day Tuesday driving the heck out of the car with the top down, rattling the great pipes on his car enjoying their time together. Yesterday Feb 16, 2011 Paul meet with some of his AZ car buddies going to breakfast then working on their car and doing what he loved most talking car talk.<O:p></O:p>
    <O:p></O:p>
    Marge is doing as well as can be expected. She will have Paul cremated here in AZ and be holding a ceremony once she is back in MA with her family. Pauls car and trailer are here safe and we are working on who and how to get the car back home to MA. Please feel free to spread this news to all that know this wonderful man. Also call and or email me as I can keep you posted.<O:p></O:p>
    Paul’s passion for his wonderful family, good friends and the car world will be a big loss. But do remember what Paul always said “if they are two loud, your to old.” So every time you here a great set of pips you know Paul will be smiling down on all of us.<O:p></O:p>
    <O:p>I only log in to the HAMB as I know Paul has many friends here in this fourm. I will not be checking this site but feel free to email me at [email protected] as that is an email I am always on for further uodates to Paul and his coming services.</O:p>

2. racer756

racer756

very sad. may Marge find peace in knowing that Paul was with her and doing what he loved.. RIP

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm sorry to hear this... I had never met him but always thought our paths would cross at some point. It's good to here that he got to enjoy the perfect roadster weather we're having one last time - the best send off possible.

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm shocked and saddened to read this news. We had just talked about meeting up at Loring this summer.

My deepest condolences to Marge and family, Paul and his AV8 will be missed :(

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Oh WOW that is sad news. He was always fun to be around. He drove the wheels off of his roadster. He was a hero of mine.

6. I am very sorry to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know. My family's thoughts and prayers go out to Marge and Paul's family and friends.

RIP Paul.

7. csimonds

csimonds

RIP AV8paul!!!!
    Chuck

8. Sad to hear. Rest in peace, Paul.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh my god, that's terrible. My sympathies and prayers for everyone.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rest in Peace Paul...

[​IMG]

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Godspeed Paul. May your family find comfort soon.

12. condolences to family and friends...RIP

13. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

What?!!! Wow!!! My condolences, I've read tons of his posts, he seemed like good guy, and I loved his car!! :eek:

RIP, Paul!!

14. RAY With

RAY With

A tragic loss for sure but he was doing what he loved to do and thats more than many can say. Rip Paul and peace be with you.

15. RIP Paul, & show 'em how it's done, in Hod Rod Heaven...

16. rick finch

rick finch

Met him at Bonneville, he was a great guy. I'm very sorry to hear this......R.I.P. Paul.:(

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

RIP to a fellow Hot Rodder that I never had the pleasure to meet. I am happy that he spent his last days doing what he loved and condolences to his family.

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

So sad to hear.

Paul was one of my hotrod mentors.

His roadster was a HUGE inspiration for my coupe build.

My best memory was when he and Marge came to my house in Rhode Island for the clHAMBake. My oldest daughter was only a couple years old and she was running out of the shop and she tripped and fell and scraped her knee. Before I or my wife could run over to see her, there was Paul kneeling down and holding her in his lap, making sure she was ok...

Godspeed my friend.

19. This is indeed very sad news - our condolences to his family and friends.

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

How very sad. He was really looking forward to this trip out west. RIP.

21. Mint Julep

Mint Julep

RIP Paul. God Bless.

22. NealinCA

NealinCA

Sorry to read this. I always read his posts and about his adventures in the roadster. He will be missed...but not forgotten. RIP Paul.

Neal

23. Very bad news indeed. At least he went quick instead of lingering.

I got a little time on my hands and not much else but if there is anything I can do drop me a note.

The PknBner

24. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Oh dear. That really was too soon. I'm so sorry.
    Ed

25. McFly

McFly

Wow...I'm very bummed. RIP

26. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I'm floored! I just got a PM from Paul Tuesday night in which he said, "I am still in AZ. Having a ball doing roadster things." My thoughts and prayers go out to Marge and family. We all just lost one super guy.

Lee

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Horrible news. I never met him but I enjoyed his posts. Godspeed Paul. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

:(

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

This is very sad. RIP Paul. Here's a link to his photo album.

29. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Oh my, that's terrible news, so sad to hear this. RIP Paul, God speed.

This pic is from his Facebook yesterday ( Wednesday ) , he said "just another sunny day in Arizona"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011