Register now to get rid of these ads!

April 25, 1948

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Nice read Bob. What an honor to be able to handle such an icon.

3. I got goosebumps reading that. That car rules.

4. hershambob

hershambob

i saw that car at that garage in winnamacha(spelling) on the way back from bonneville.great car but never knew that it had that much history,thanks for sharing

5. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but,this is the first I've heard of this car.Stunning!
    Great job guys.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Just when I think Bob is one of the coolest guys ever.... He proves me right. Now I think he's the luckiest goy in the world! Great read. Thanks a ton for the new pics also.

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Miller has a bright future.

8. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

This was one of the best reads ever. Very, very cool. THANKS for the experience man.

9. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

The whole experience was amazing..... I have to thank the owner for being the coolest and allowing us to do this....... crazy.

And Ryan too........ thanks man. That video is great!

I will be adding some detail pics and captions over the next couple days.... I took alot of pictures!

Dumb ass in the mirror....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

11. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Epic...even the video!

12. adam401

adam401

I am embarrassed to say I was not familiar with this car until now. If you only glanced over the photo's go back. Look at the photo of the rear showing the belly pan. Study that shit. Thats as real as it gets. My mind is officially blown.

13. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome. I've always really dug that car! Thanks for the pics, and Bleed, thanks for the story! Keep your pics coming buddayyy!

14. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

so cool.......

Attached Files:

15. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

The exhuast is amazing it runs all the way to the back inside the belly pan, but there are caps that come off and pipes that bolt on in their place to run open......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  16. Thanks so much for this - outstanding indeed.

17. Our local legendary Dave Simard did a hell of a job on the resoration didn't he?!

18. If you are not familiar with his car you need to get the Rodders Journal issue it was featured in. Very cool read:)

19. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

The front end is as beautiful as anything I've ever seen.......

Dropped and filled axle, 1936ish wishbones reshaped to perfection, custom made steering hoop..... amazing

The shock mounts are welded and molded to the top of the axle and there are crazy tall upper shock mounts that double as headlight stands....... Really kind of awkward if you think about them, but the look so perfect overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. beatnik

beatnik

I have to believe some where there is now a Cochran/Tardel Coupe 'vs' Khougaz Roadster street race video.

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That car is so unbelievably amazing. It was like tip-toe-ing around the Mona Lisa all week. Then Bob just drives off in it. Haha.

I was trying to thing of a neat way to remember it, so I parked my pile next to it and took a picture. Maybe it'll rub off, like some old hot rod "carma" or something..

[​IMG]

22. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Yes the resto is Top Notch! Dave Simard and crew are my heros. I wis I could have seen it before it was restored...... theres no way it was this nice in the old days is there? I really want to think so........

23. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

What surprises me most.... I knew you would dirve it... Super Rad.... I just can't believe you have an Iphone... Man have things changed Bob... Ha ha congrats on the burnout!!!
    Jack

24. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob thanks for explaining the exaust, I was wondering about that.. What size wheels/tires aré on the Car? They aré perfect...

I wanna see this video, but i cant find it? Maybe cuz Im on an iPhone? Hmm..

25. studematt

studematt

Man am I jealous Bob that is one of the greatest looking 32 roadsters out there.

26. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

These pics show a few of my favorite details......

The car is channeled alot... at least 8 inches and the body is welded to the frame, so to hide the wierd transition of cowl to frame these filler panels were made and molded in......

Also the way the hood raps around the steering box and the way the drag link is bent to hug the body and improve the geometry....... I can't get enough....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

hahahah yeah things don't change too much..... Last weekend my phone ended up in a puddle so now it can't play Music...... and last night I dropped it and the face shattered.... It all comes full circle.

The tires are 7.00/16 in the rear and 5.550/16 in the front I think....

28. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

put packaging tape on the face of your phone till you get a new one... it'll hold it all together- and still work-

29. Paul

Paul
    Editor

punk..

thanks man that is one amazing car

30. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

1948.....think about that. Look at that belly-pan....1948!!! Man, blows my mind. That IS the best sounding flathead I've ever heard. Great write up Bob. It's also great knowing that this car is in such great hands with the owner. It's being appreciated, shared and driven...like a hotrod. I'm pretty damn sure Jimmy Koughaz would approve.