Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter Auto Parts Good?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. 53chevy

53chevy

I've heard of them and never dealt with them. They seem to have what I'm looking for. Let's hear it!

http://www.kanter.com/

Ken

2. gavin

gavin
    from Sonoma

I have ordered from them, they seem ok. They seem to specialize in selling small parts for a little too much money, but they do ship quick and have a lot of stuff. They are more geared towards the person doing a restoration.

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

The couple times I used them it went off without a hitch. I usually phone and the people I talked to seemed real knowlegable.

4. choppermatt

choppermatt

theyre good, just exepensive

5. Tin Can

Tin Can

I agree, good but expensive. But you have to pay if that is one of the only places you can find the parts you are looking for. Their staff is very knowledgable in what they sell. I would use them again

6. 56Sedan

56Sedan

I've used them a couple of times for customer projects, like others have said, you'll have to open your wallet a bit more with them, but customer service is quite good.

I usually check NAPA or my local independent parts house first tho.

7. teddyp

teddyp

the have a big selection of parts and good front-end kits but are costly

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Thanks fellas! I'm looking a a front re-build kit for a 1960 Pontiac and seem to be the only ones that have one. I've tried the other Pontiac sites and seem to not much in stock.

Ken

9. Mopar34

Mopar34

I've ordered a number of items from them, mostly brake and suspension parts and all of the parts have been first quality. But their prices are also a little high. I need a new water pump and theirs is about $100 with core exchange. NAPA is about half that, but the last time I got one from them didn't last long. So I will probably pony up and get the next one from Kanter.

grifcarnut likes this.
  10. 51Fourdoor

51Fourdoor

I used them for my '51 Ford front suspension stuff and master cylinder. Had a $25.00 core charge and they issued a credit to me 2 days after I shipped it back to them. They couldn't have had it, checked it etc..in that short amount of time, but issued the credit anyway. Good service and if you're looking to buy a whole kit for something, they save you from hunting and tracking everything down. I will use them again.

11. I have uesd them before ...no problem,, drove up their a few time's also to match some odd ball stuff up,, they were a big help.

Also at a local show last year (Lead East) the owner drove back to his shop on Sunday,,got a part for a stranded out of state" Hot Rodder" so he could drive his ride back home.

12. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I bought a rebuild setup for a Nova from them.It was a decent kit,but seemed to take forever to arrive?
    S-l-o-w to ship.

13. John O

John O
    from Central NJ

I've used them for my Merc...sometimes I've had to wait for parts.

14. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

I've allways had good luck with them.

15. Speed King

Speed King
    from Omaha

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them over the last 10 years. Almost always things I coudn't find anywhere else. Never had a problem and the quality always seemed good.

16. They rawk, always had good luck with them.

17. kopis

kopis

So far, so good for me.
    I have bought the brake re-build kit and all 4 wheel cylinder for my Pontiac and I can say that I have had any problems with 'em. I would recommend them.

18. I bought their complete new kit for the 1954 ranch wagon,,everything I needed,,,HRP

19. Have you tried Rare Parts in Ca. . They seem to have almost any suspension part in stock or they will make it . Hell they even had suspension pieces for the Facel on the shelf.
    Kanters a good supplier and they are knowledgeable . He even had parts for the Facel but Fred dont let go of those to easy.

20. ryno

ryno

ive used kanter and early mentioned rare parts for some olds and cadillac parts. both had good service.

21. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

They had a carb kit no one else had, called to verify it would work ... the gent I talked to knew what I was working on & reminded me to check a few other things ... kit arrives in 3 days, excellent quality !

22. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Have been looking through thier catalog and they do have a quite a bit of parts just as stated before a little on the expensive side.

23. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

ive gotten a ton of stuff from them, the parts are great, they are a little expensive on some things but not others. i got all 4 wheel cyl. from them for 120 bucks when the parts store wanted 240 bucks for the 4. so they arnt too bad. the front end kits are expensive though. they seem to be the only guys around with the shit you need when you need it.

24. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

carpet and sway bar stuff for the Caddy and worked out well.

25. gnarleynick

gnarleynick
    from ____

I had a 66 cad and got a front end kit from them, Everything fit perfect and it shipped in a good amount of time

26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I rebuilt the front end under my Nomad with factory power steering using Kanter parts. The parts were great and I didn't think they were too expensive. They sell parts that other companies won't even mess with.

27. dart165

dart165

Dan and Fred Kanter own it, and they're through and through car guys, and Fred's got a pretty bad ass collection of stuff. I did some design work for him for a summer about five or six years ago and got to drive one of his Dual Ghia Chryslers around the block. Needless to say he's a good friend and a good guy. Check this thing out.. i felt pretty cool at 21 behind the wheel..

[​IMG]

28. I have used thier front end kits on 4 cars.. g.m. and ford.. everything was as they said it was and it got here like quick.. no problems at all.. I thought the price was fair.

29. sololobo

sololobo

I just got their catalog and haven't ordered from them yet. The catalog is impressive, and they certainly have a sense of humor. I see a common theme here, quality. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for the right quality product and not have to mess around sending back etc. Then all of a sudden the bargain is expensive. Any body know where to get dropped spindles for a 56 Plymouth? I am going to buy some stuff from Kanter. How about that Ghia Mopar!! Wow!!

30. When we get a engine that is tough to find parts for ,we just call them with the application and the sizes we need and they do all the research,chase all the parts down,call us with a total,and ship it to us. I give them and A+++.

BigChief likes this.