Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone beleive in marvel mystery oil

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swaluda, Sep 1, 2013.

1. txturbo

txturbo

I would think so..... MMO does clean off carbon deposits which can cause detonation.

2. k9racer

k9racer

I called the 800 line and the lady who answered the telephone had very little knowledge of here products did give me a answer after she talked to several others.. Corp has said they can no longer sell 5 gal part number MM 0015.. Years ago I bought 30 gal drums then 15gal drums then 5 gal and now only 1 gal at the time.. Not a lot of savings for bulk buyers..

3. Muttley

Muttley

My Grandpa used to rub it into his hands for his arthritis.

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

One thing MMO also is good for is reducing the harmful effects of Ethanol and it's lots cheaper than Sta-Bil. I've used it since the 60's,also used to make my own engine assembly lube from Wynn's Friction Proofing another product I miss. Then there is this: http://forums.accuweather.com/index.php?showtopic=26454

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I just might try that :D

6. loudbang

loudbang

I picked up and nice old blackhawk ratchet for free from a neighbor. It had been under water for years when he found it on the bottom of a lake. Just for the heck of it I saved it and it was so rusted the head wouldn't even turn. I had some MMO around and filled a spray can lid with it and dropped the ratchet into it.

It was sitting on the bench for a couple months as I forgot about it. I pulled it out and it looked like new up to the level of the MMO and it turned freely without doing anything else.

Turned it around and did the other end and I have been using that old ratchet for over 40 years now.

7. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Best answer yet!

8. gow589gow

gow589gow
    from Indiana

A lot of people use WD-40 as a protectant when in reality it is closer related to a cleaner. It will clean protective oils from things and cause it to corrode faster.

I like it for drilling when I do not have my vanishing oil as it is quick and easy to use.

9. chop777

chop777

If you soak your parsley overnight in marvel mystery oil you only need one sprig of parsley .......

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!