Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Not quite . Looking to streach fenders to front of bed . Thank you any way .

2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

This probably wasn't what you were expecting. Your car is so nice, I decided to make it a "Country Club Custom." 1947 Cadillac wheels, wood sides, and a drop in the back. If you could stretch for it, I'd add Caddy bumpers, too.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/davetartaglia/12759308295/player/f23bd56965" height="551" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

3. ok.......

Attached Files:

4. OK < that's just right . thank you , Blue

5. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Rot 'n Kustom.....that's cool, man....and different!

I went with the smooth look.....lowered evenly, fender chrome trim and bumperettes removed, frenched headlights and Caddy sombreros.

[​IMG]

6. Rot 'n Kustom,

Nice job! I wasn't expecting a Country Club kit on my car. LOL! I know a guy who has a bone stock '48 with the wood kit on it and it looks great, but not for me. What year Caddy bumpers did you have in mind?

7. Thanks Ruben Duran! I plan on keeping the trim and I just chromed the headlight rims and added 'eyebrows' (Similar to 53 Caddy headlight rims, very subtle). Smooth bumpers look good and I like the Sombrero's with the bullet center. Car sit's level now with 2" lowering blocks in the rear and I plan on putting on 15" wheels to lower it just a bit more. I have the skirts and those will also be put back on the car. Keep the ideas coming!

8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Thanks, Ruben. I dig your version, too. I noticed we both kept the sun visor; a love-it-or hate-it item. I have one just like that waiting to slip under a car some day.

9. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Thanks! I really like late forties styling. For the bumpers, I was thinking 1947 Caddy. They have very clean lines with really cool bumper bombs and a center section which could be sectioned for width, if needed. Pic below.

I noticed that you are thinking of switching to 15" wheels to drop the car. If you go from 16" to 15", that will only drop the car 1/2" - the radius from hub to ground (assuming approximately same tire wall size).

Personally, I like the look of a 16" wheel with a big wide whitewall. Your car has the bulk to pull it off. Good luck with it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  10. Hey 206tee...That's one great looking Chevy. If it were mine I wouldn't touch a thing so I thought I'd have some fun with it.....Just remember...Slow steady breathing usually will counteract the affects of hyperventilating:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Wow! From mild to wild! After I picked myself up from the ground, I like what you did. I wondered what the car would look like with full smoothies. The car will be a mild custom :). Nothing as wild as what you did:D Any thoughts on DeSoto ribbed bumpers or pinstriping? Where are the good areas to pin stripe the car?

12. I like your idea about the Caddy bumpers. Any thoughts on DeSoto ribbed bumpers?

13. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

If you mean the 1937 DeSoto inspired Briz bumper, I'd say no. They don't have enough visual weight for your car.

But if you like a ribbed style, look at the 1949 Plymouth.It's visually a better fit, and the ribs will echo your fender trim, too.

Attached Files:

14. Johnny V

Johnny V
    from Austin

I just spent 2 hours at work going through this entire thread. I have to say it is absolutely amazing what you guys can do. Not only the killer photo shopping but the visions as well!! Thanks!!

15. The Briz bumper was what I had in mind. Now, the pic of the '49 Plymouth bumpers does look nice and like you said, is a better fit visually.

16. fleet-master

fleet-master

hi guys,would one of you be happy to delete the side grilles from the front fenders of this 1940 Stude for me please? Much thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I thought I would dislike the look, it's not bad though.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hey thanks LN7 Nut, great job!

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

My pleasure, it was a fun challenge for me!

20. FlatheadFanFromMI

FlatheadFanFromMI

Looking for inspiration. A friend of mine is building a 1927 Chevy, and is looking for color choices. Single color, two tone, three tone, whatever you can think of. Thank-You in advance for your time and talent.

Attached Files:

21. damnfingers

damnfingers

^^^^
    What's wrong with the color it already is?

22. Strittan

Strittan
    from Sweden

It's been a while since I played with Photoshop so I thought I'd turn a '55 into a mild custom. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

23. Nice. A subtle color change, a nice rake, and "decontenting." Yup, that'll do!

24. roddinron

roddinron

Nice, but to me nothing says custom more than stance. Drop the back end and it will make all the difference in the world, rakes say hot rod.

25. Lee_Ford

Lee_Ford

Love the red wheels...and the stance... Good Job.

26. Hey Strittan....I like your custom but I though the gasser style should get equal exposure.;)

[​IMG]

27. verde742

verde742

love that car, fired my rocket,, and a Chevy !!!no less?

like to see more of it.. whatta a neat-ty

28. Strittan

Strittan
    from Sweden

Very cool, nice work!

By the way, the way I did the custom is pretty much what I'm aiming for with my '56.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. StarChief54

StarChief54
    from Norway

Hello!
    I've asked for help before and the result was great!
    But, now I got new plans, can anyone lower my pontiac about 1" in the rear and paint the roof brown (flake)?

Attached Files:

30. The seldom seen `55 business coupe.

[​IMG]