Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thieves and Stolen Car Parts! Have you Seen this Man?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Oct 26, 2005.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, so this guys calls my shop yesterday and says, "Hi, I'm calling for a friend who's restoring a '55 Chevy truck. Do you do that kind of work?" I said no, we don't restore vehicle, but I can send you to a couple of good restoration places. Then he says, "Oh, ok. He needs sheet metal work since he's hot rodding it." I said, "Hold on, are we building a restored truck, or a hot rod?" A hot rod was the answer. So I told him, yes, we build hot rods. And yes, we can help. Ok was the reply, I'll have my friend call you later. Now I'm thinking just another "tire kicker."

Sure enough though, a guy calls me about 3:00pm. Tells me his name and his story. Here's his story. He had two, yes two, trucks being built at Prairie State Rod Shop in Elburn Illinois. I say had. His buddy went to see HIS car on monday night, and the shop was empty except for HIS car and my new customers two trucks. That's right, no equipment, no supplies, no machinery, no racks. EVERYTHING was gone. This included an engine, trans and several parts that belonged to my new customer along with $8,000.00! Not only that, but SEVERAL thousand dollars of other peoples money and parts.

The scumbags name is Mitch Trivanovich, and he is possibly on his way or is in California. I'll post a picture of said scumbag. If anyone has seen this cat, or sees him, or know's information about where he really is or went, please contact the Illinois State Police at
    * In Illinois call 1-800-247-7684
    * Outside Illinois call 1-217-785-3325 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday - Central Time Zone)
    * Outside Illinois - after hours - call 1-217-786-6677

Or contact me via my website email at:

[email protected]

Prairie State Rod Shop's website can still be viewed for a short time at
    http://www.prairiestaterodshop.com/index.html

Other guys to look for and report to the state police are:
    Chris Powell (young guy in photo)
    and Jim Moreland (older guy with glasses and jean jacket)

And if you're Mitch reading this, or one of his buddies, one of the guys you screwed is apparently "not the guy you do that to," and " he's going to take care of it." I'm sure my new customer wasn't refering to having enough money to afford a good lawer.

Attached Files:

2. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Do me a favor guys, keep this one up at the top. It's a fresh, within the last two days, crime.

3. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Bttt for justice

4. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

f*ck thieves, if you see him beat him bloody, nothing worse than a thief.

5. What a kick in the stones!! HAMBers - Get 'Em!!! Do what you need to, then call the cops.

BTTT

6. Tommy C

Tommy C

7. they both look like used car salesmen. Especially the guy on the right. Guy even looks like a weasel.

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I did some checking... they never had an account with me...

I asked a couple of car guys locally, and no one has even heard of that shop... I'll see if I can scare up any info.

9. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I had the same sh!t happen to me a few years back...Not kool at all!

10. i will post this on a few other boards i belong to, this is a bunch of crap & i hope they find them & bury thier sorry asses.....joe

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Wow, at least his trucks weren't gone too! BTT

12. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

btt Catch these scumbags

Dawg

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Scum sucking thieves. Rotten bastards should eat shit and die!

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

will keep my ears open...bttt...doesn't Trivanovitch mean "take all yo' shit and split" in russian?

15. bttt...Thieves are fags and should be burried next to an ant hill.

16. This sucks...hope you get them. What is the reason for suspecting the guys you listed? Hate to see someone accused of something get busted up for it if they didn't really have anything to do with it. Did they work for you then take off? Just curious. Good luck, Hope you get your shit back.

17. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

keep it at the top guys if i have any strange guys around the shopp ill certainly look em over thanks and good luck they need to pay up and go away .......:cool:

18. Hey I've seen that peckerwood on the left around KC area car shows before. I'll keep an eye out for him.

19. Kevin -- that really sucks, but I'm kinda confused... did somebody rip off the rod shop, or was the rod shop itself doing the rip-off? If it's the latter, your customer could likely get the Feds (FBI /Justice Dept /IRS /Treasury) involved because it probably involves tax evasion as well.

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Never trust a dude who wears a shirt with a collar in the shop. Unless it is flannel of course.;)

I always try to find out where a person lives, ya know, just in case.

21. I did some tweaking on this guy's photo to make it easier to see.

Attached Files:

22. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

You must have missed the part about them owning the shop (Prairie State Rod Shop). I guess I'd suspect them since they skipped town with all their shit and other peoples too.

23. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We believe the guys that own Prairie State did the ripping off, since the shop was empty. And I mean empty with exception to this guys trucks and a couple of other cars. EVERYTHING was gone, right down to the bolt bins. Plus our friendly shop owner sold his house and left no word with ANYONE, not even the bank!

24. I believe Zenor is correct - it usually involves tax problems. I think both of these guys look somewhat familar...I'll keep an eye out.

25. rikaguilera

rikaguilera

This seems to be a little too common now-adays.. Sorry to hear about the loss, and I hope these guys get what is coming to them.

btt

26. Thanks. Sorry I misunderstood your post. I'll keep a look out in case they come to the east coast. With this much exposure I would think they will get caught.

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

unreal... string em up by the cluster:mad:

28. tooslow54

tooslow54

BTTT

Where in Cali do you think they're headed?

29. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

hotrodchassis, just to protect yourself, you should use the word "alleged". Remember, innocent until proven guilty. (although they sure as hell appear guilty.)

30. I'm guessing they will pop up down here soon. Florida is a magnet for shit like them.