Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I'm wondering, what's your motivation(s)? It makes my upcoming Ranchero rust job look like nothing, but I've never done it before. We want updated pics of the Piece Mobile.

2. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

You know it. I'm impressed!

3. You sir (Lowriders Art Gallery) are INSANE! :D Man that's a lot of work! I admire your skills and fortitude, but Falcons are so common I can't imagine undertaking this :eek:

4. MrModelT

MrModelT

Wow......That ragtop project of your's Lowrider is MIND BLASTING.....It didn't just blow my mind...it blasted it :D That is epic for sure!

Made some progress on my own '65...

[​IMG]

Also made some changes to the project plan as far as the engine goes. You can check out my my latest update here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8791996#post8791996

5. 62rebel

62rebel

that is an awesome piece of work. awesome! not many folks would even try to save a burnout; much less a Falcon. i give you a standing ovation on that one. as they used to say on Hee-Haw: "SAAA-LUTE!"

6. Just need to rant. Got started on bodywork on my 62 four door (older restoration) and found in the lower rear quarter an inch of filler, ImageUploadedByTJJ1365128421.695296.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1365128436.399930.jpg aluminum house siding, and Bondo in rust holes, and doors skinned in bondo. Luckily the parts car (which has a bad frame) has good doors without dents, and I'm getting patch panels to fix the rear quarters. Just wish people would fix things right so I don't have to spend 5 hours digging out bondo, removing aluminum siding, cutting out affected areas from the contact of aluminum and sheet metal and fixing what should have been fixed right during the original restoration.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

don't worry leon, mine literally had 2x4s buried in bondo that served as 3 feet or roof rail. All better now.

8. 62rebel

62rebel

Leon, welcome to the world of Previous Owners... we've all been there and seen that at one time or another, and for some odd reason, keep coming back for more. you'll have that beat in no time.

9. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

The best motivation is someone telling you it can't be done. That's what keeps me inspired. I also have a great sense of imagination.

10. I got one car free, an another for $400, both guys needed them gone and both have titles. Since the free car had a rotted out chassis, it is my donor/ to be stripped out for my hot rod and restoration... May save parts of the body for some kind of wacky Roth inspired rod.... If so stay tuned.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. Alfster

Alfster

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Isn't "pro street '60s wagon" an oxymoron? Or does pro street mean something different in Australia?

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Didn't know they kept the old body shape for '64 in Australia?

14. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

yes, they did, although their bodies were slightly different. You can notice the way the taillights extrude more than they do on our model. They had a different looking front end to them as well.

15. Alfster

Alfster

I thought there was some good work going on there. Only problem is that with the Falcon being such a narrow car I don't know if the lengthening of the body to fit longer front doors and the extending of the wheelbase is going to give it a 'too narrow' look. Time will tell.

16. I've just spent most of April in Ca , while there I bought this '60 Tudor . Will be shipped home to NZ later this month. My Wife has changed jobs meaning she is doing more travel to and from work so the plan is to build this as her daily to replace the '51 Shoebox she has been driving .

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

17. Alfster

Alfster

Nice car mate. I might have to lock my garage so you don't come here looking for spares. [​IMG]

Seriously, I have a contact in Auckland that has lots of stuff for these so if you need anything give me a call. [​IMG]

18. Thanks Alfster , I've PM'd ya about the parts contact .

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just searching some tech and thought I would give this a bump - bump...

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Dang, I was hoping you had posted your rear-axle swap.

21. cage66

cage66
    from reno

If anyone knows or hears of a 61 4 door deluxe being parted please let me know I am looking for some trim.

22. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

heres a few new pix of my 62.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Not quite yet. Been driving the wheels off of it lately though working on some customer stuff about 40 miles away. I'm trying to set it up so I can do the rear swap and five speed deal at the same time.

24. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

The wagon went back in the garage today! The project is ON!!
    :D

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Do you know Craig Pike from MyRideisme.com? He is a member here too. He was talking to me at the So-Cal get together on Saturday morning and offered me a bunch of deluxe Wagon trim. Although I think his car is a '63, the wagon specific stuff should be the same. Call me if you need a hook up.

DAMN GOOD TO HEAR!

26. cage66

cage66
    from reno

No I do not know him and 61 trim is only for that year. The pieces I need may be found on 2 door and coupes but that I am not sure of.
    Thank you

27. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370094188.544788.jpg
    This is how I'm doing my falcon.. Back half went to a race car, front half is going to a 61 Comet custom

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

That looks like the way I build two doors out of four doors.

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

An absolutely dumb assed question that I should know the answer for, but does anybody know how the back of the Ford accsessory air conditioning is supported? I have one for the wagon, (it'll be 106 today, so I guess it's time...) and it has a stud pointing down out of the back of the unit. Could it be that it just simply rests on the trans tunnel?

30. I continue ta' vandalize my 63 2 door sedan:

I bought an 87 roller block offa' Craig's List for $75.00 n' bored it .030

[​IMG]

A set of E7TE heads (also offa' CL, $100) that got ported and added new springs, retainers, seals, n' a valve job:

[​IMG]