Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sacramento swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elsuperchile, Jan 27, 2013.

1. elsuperchile

elsuperchile
    from Dixon, Ca

Anyone know when the swap meet under the bridge is? I believe it's the one put on by the Buick club. Thanks for the info

2. If that is the one near the Towe museum you might call them.

Charlie Stephens

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one at ARCO stadium or whatever they are calling it at this moment is on Sunday, April 21, 2013. Don't know if its the one you are asking about but I always try to make the drive north from SoCal to attend.

4. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

It this coming Sunday.

5. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

So is it the one in the lot next to the Museum, or further down, underneath HWY50 in the CalTrans lots?
    I would love to go sell some stuff, but they seem to have ignored that other interesting event happening on that day :rolleyes:
    Lessee, haul up to Sac, set up and try to sell, take down and be home before 3:30 for the game :confused:

6. elsuperchile

elsuperchile
    from Dixon, Ca

Its the one by the auto museum, I thought it was Super Bowl Sunday but wasnt too sure. Thanks for the info.

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Is it really this coming up sunday? Im supposed to be in sac this weekend, and ive driven by the little auto museum but it was closed.

8. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Saw this on the www.

[​IMG]

9. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

10. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Cosumnes College is a great place to have a swap meet. Super Bowl Sunday is a really DUMB day to have a swap meet :rolleyes:

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

is this the same group that had them under the freeway ? if not is the under the frreeway swap stil going?

12. Ummmmm....the traffic will be light.....

Not everyone's a football fan remember.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yup. even if I don't go to the swap I will not be spending the day watching TV.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the under freeway and one by the Museum are gone to Cosumnes River College off HWY 99.
    sellers and buyers need to be there early before Super Bowl starts and lose a lot of people -Feb 3

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  15. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

That may be in your particular case, but it's still one of the most if not THE the most- watched event of the year, and as a seller, you'd like MORE people to show up, not less- still a dumb day to hold a conflicting event. As was said- "traffic will be light"- a bad thing for a swap meet- especially with the pricing on their small spaces- I'd have to buy 4 spaces for my truck & trailer at $60

16. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Yep, same group of people putting this one on, just relocated to a new location.

I'm with ratfink on this one, and personally as a buyer I'm o.k. with less overall people seeing as how that also means less competition and usually better deals. Also, the people selling out there last year were mostly average car guys trying to clear some space and make a few bucks, only a few were the mainstays that I've seen at other NorCal swaps. It does start at 5:00 a.m. - bring a flashlight otherwise good luck seeing anything that early!

17. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

i really miss the under the freeway location, i always support this swap meet, hardly make any money just enough to pay my gas and space. so why do i go? to see alot of friends i have not seen over the winter and to buy more junk to bring home. life is good!

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

19. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

The event at "Arco Arena" (currently named "Sleep Train Arena") is the same one that used to be the "Reno Swap Meet"; It was moved to Sacramento several years ago.

I wasn't aware of the Towe Museum being closed....?

4TTRUK

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you do not go to Cosumnes River College swap meet then maybe go to the Stockton 99 Speedway swap meet Feb 10th

21. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Every time I've gone, I've done seen everything & been out of there by about 8:00 a.m.
    That still gives ya plenty of time to get back home, take a poo and find the remote, so you don't miss any of the over-paid prima donnas standing around, doesn't it?

22. victm

victm

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you are close by you need to go to this swap Now-Big

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Well that was a gigantic waist of 3 hours and a ¼ tank of gas … nice fail Buick club :mad:

27. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

we arrived at 5am. unloaded our stuff into the 1 compact car parking space for $15. if we would of parked our pickup we would of had to pay for 2 compact car spots $30. we realized real quick we were gonna have to sell some stuff cheap to cover gas and the space. THANK GOD FOR THE DIE HARD SWAPMEETERS WHO SHOP IN THE DARK BECAUSE THEY WERE ARE ONLY BUYERS! between the 3 us selling we made about $700 before daylight! not one sale after that and loaded up at 10 and went home happy. looking at the other sellers around us we did not see them sell ANYTHING! people walking around not carrying anything means they are not buying, for example we sold a fulton visor for 50's chevy for $225, chrome chevy steelies great cond $80. whole shit load of carbs for $10 each. lots of misc mirrors and mouldings,emblems $5 each. im sure everyone that bought our stuff were also venders and would resell them but we knew we had lower our prices to take some cash home,i sure miss the old location under the freeway as this swap meet sure has lost something.

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, when then clubs, and others, charge $15-$20 for a single parking spot in parking lot setting they force you to pay for two = $30-$40. for big time sellers this is fine, for once in a while sellers with small amount to sell that can be a big hit. Add gas, etc to that. the buyers parking lot had a lot of cars in it at Cosumnes. I did not buy anything because on a tight budget, and only looking for specific stuff.

29. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Whatever. I went and got there after 8am i spent almost all of my 300 bucks. I wished id brought more money. I wish i had that swap meet here in san diego. I thought it was great.