Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #161
theHIGHLANDER
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: anyone else counting the days till HERSHEY? the sweetest swapmeet on earth !

I'm spending the next 3 days doing the final loading and prep. Takin the 41 Packard 160 cpe, maybe it sells, maybe not. This is place for it. Pulled a buncha goodies from the "archives" too. CU 57-58, although I don't plan to baby sit the space the whole time.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #162
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: anyone else counting the days till HERSHEY? the sweetest swapmeet on earth !

Highlander, You are one of the HAMB people I hope to meet, I'm at C4J41-42. I'm going to take Straightpipes up on the sugestion of listing HERSHEY SPOTS, I'm starting a new thread now. Bob SPOT LIST === http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=741341

Last edited by The37Kid; 10-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #163
48prerunner
FNG

Just got back from Carlisle last night, was quit a few empty spots don't know if it was the weather or the gas prices? Talked to a few and they said some vendors have to choose between Hershey and Carlisle now. I've been going to both since the 80s Hershey is always my favorite even back in the days with the mud. I remember them pulling people out with a 4x4 tractor over in the lower field at the end of the old white field. Best thing is even with all the people there I always ran into guys from my small hometown. Sad that my friend won't be here this year as he passed away, But he was great for buying cars at the meet and selling them again before it was over. I don't know how anybody could walk the whole thing in a day I've tried for years starting at sunrise and ending at sunset and still have not seen it all. Never fails that I find the biggest heaviest prize at the farther part of the meet from where I park. But always fun carrying two fenders through the sea of people. Best part is you never know what you will find or see.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #164
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

A few years back I bought a NOS Model T Ford frame extention, thing was 13 1/2 FEET long. Strapped my hand cart to one end and wheeled it back to my spot, about a 1/4 mile away. Had no need for it, but it was a good deal, bought it from a friend that has since passed on. There are so many spirits and memories in Hershey that week. Bob
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #165
Deuce Roadster
Member Emeritus

Skidmarks ...

Cannot make Hershey this year.

While Hershey is still the best swap meet on the East Coast ...
There seems to be very little 32 Ford stuff there anymore.

The Los Angeles Roadster swap meet is a better swap meet for me.
But I truely enjoy going to Hershey.

Maybe I will see you in 2013 ... @ Hershey.

Randy

Old 10-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #166
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

It can't be more than 6 years since that guy from Utah I think had the old Hot Rod '32 3Window that he would have taken $16,000.for in the Chocolate field. Wonder if he sold it or took it back home? Bob
Old 10-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #167
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

I think we're talking about the same car, it had the look, as I remember it had several colors on the bodywork. Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
Was it blue with a heavy channel? Missing the drive train? I remember a couple old hotrodded 33-4 coupesabout 5 or so years ago. Not all old car people are involved with the current hobby and some stuff turns up dirt cheap. Maybe I shouldn't say that out loud.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #168
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

Was the wagon in a million pieces? If so I saw it, guess the 3Window is the one we're talking about. Bob
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #169
jreeder41
Alliance Member

Yeah wasn't it in the very last row before it drops down to the car corral? If so my buddy looked it over for awhile trying to decide if we could do it lol.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #170
noboD
Old School HAMBer

I remember the 3 window too. Wasn't the guy that had it the guy with the Crocker MC stuff, owns the name, wears a CB hat?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #171
noboD
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guffey View Post
I am not sure it was a million but however many pieces it takes to make a 32 woody with half of the wood missing.

Attachment 1758398
Wow, missed that. Doesn't look near as bad as it sounded. Why didn't Sawzall drag this home?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #172
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

Nice, looks like it still has factory paint. Are the sidewindows the slide up in track type or snap on? Bob
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #173
noboD
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
because it wasn't free haha
Skid, I see you know him pretty good too!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #174
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

Yes, but some time into 1932 they got car grilles on them.We had one in our wedding in 1978 to carry bridesmaides. Bob
Quote:
Did all 32 wagons use truck cowl and grill?

Last edited by The37Kid; 10-06-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #175
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

I found the remains of a 1931 Ford Special Delivery the woody version of a sedan delivery, at the town dump back in the 1960's, rareist Model A Body I ever had. Bob
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #176
NEVER2MANYCHEVYS
FNG

What's better Hershey or englishtown?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #177
Clark
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVER2MANYCHEVYS View Post
You are kidding?! Englishtown does not compare!
Clark
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #178
The37Kid
Old School HAMBer

Standup comedy takes a long time to perfect, I wish you well. Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVER2MANYCHEVYS View Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #179
StukaBomber55

Just to recap, this is the 10-13th of this month right?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #180
41 C28

correct