Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > Events > H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals

Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #41
BLAKE
Alliance Member

Default Re: The YAY-HOO CUP... who's worthy?

Gonna do a write-up when I get a sec, but what Squirrel said. Actually, if you re-read last year's summary, you already know what happened this year...
Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #42
daschaefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Jeff popped an intake gasket and went slow that run. He got it fixed in the pits and drove the car back to the hotel, then played with the carbs and I hope he's driving home now with no problems.
We all know it doesnt matter who really won. Just like every other year the "Flamed-A-Bone" Sedan and Jeff are my HEROS. They made the 1200+ mile journey with no back-up trailer.... and to make it even better Jeff fixed his right at the track, it was documented and is already on You-Tube courtesy of a cool cat named Tim McGeorge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxaId...262A3C5AEDB70B

This year of course I have another Hero..... That sexy 1955 blown BBC Chevy and Squirrel drove 1100+ miles made some solid 11 second passes and drove away unscaved. AWESOME RIDE,,, Congrads Squirrel, !!!!

I just want everyone to know that I only drove mine 300 miles from Hot Springs Arkansas (trailed from Fl because its hard to fit the whole family in it) But my 900 mile trailer ride home to Florida gave me a lot of time to think about three things.

First: The YAY-HOOs are "SPOT-ON" for focusing recognition on REAL road worthy, street driven hotrods.

Second: I’m gonna drive mine the entire 900 miles next year. The 300 miles I drove was the funnest part of the “weak”-end (will be even better when I fix the mistake I made with the coolant restriction), my car loves the street. Maybe with a strong bottom end it will love the track too.

Last: I was awarded $50 by an unnamed friend of the YAY-HOOs just because he thought the Cup competition was righteous! I want to "pay it back" so I spoke with fellow Greazy Hubcap members (my club) and,,, with the YAY-HOOs permission of course,,, we would like to join forces and recognize the "most travelled cup competitor". I figure I have one year to figure out some “rules” but when an event like the HAMB drags inspires maniacs to drive 11 and 10 second cars 1000 plus miles across the country we all need to celebrate the real victory of DRIVING HOTRODS ON THE STREET …..GOD BLESS AMERICA and the HAMB!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #43
oldsman71

congrats! sorry about your bottom end problems!!
offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #44
BLAKE
Alliance Member

He seemed to be dealing with it OK...