Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > The H.A.M.B. Marketplace > The H.A.M.B. O'Dex

Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #41
ChrisBlattie

Default Re: GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

I wanted to let you all know that I am now doing window parts restoration! I have been having some guys send me their window frames and channels and misc window parts, and I've been restoring them, mounting the glass, and sending them back ready to install!! It's been working well and I've been told I do good work, so I'm adding it to this thread and will start gettin' some feedback on here! I'll try to remember to do before & after pictures on each one & post them!

I can polish the chrome, repaint, install the glass onto the channels, get new rubber seals, gaskets, the whole 9 yards. PM me for a quote and more information!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.54.46.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	1683024   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.56.37.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	1683025   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.57.13.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	1683026  

Name:	2012-05-18 09.58.27.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	1683027   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 09.54.56.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	1683028   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-28 16.07.25.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1683029  

Chris Blattie
Montana Glass & Shower Door
139 Moore Lane
Billings, MT 59101

CBlattie@aol.com

1(406)690-6467 (cell#)
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #42
18n57

Default Re: GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Just got the new glass for my '34 from Chris and he did a great job!! Packing crate looks like it could withstand an earthquake!! I will recommend his services to everyone looking for new glass...
Thanks, Chris
Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #43
KJSR

Thanks for the glass and the outstanding service. You will get my buisness for future glass.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #44
Halki
FNG

Hey y'all!

I just got my full set of glass (9 pieces) including some restoration on the vent frames and door/quarter glass mounted on the original rails. (pic #6 up there is my glass)

From the get go working with Chris has been fantastic, he enthusiastically answered all of my questions and really helped me make the right glass choice. I had been getting quotes from a lot of places, but the customer service I was getting, and the reviews here put him over the top.

Chris even helped with tips to get the rails off of my existing heavily cracked and de-laminated glass. I sent him the rails and vent windows still in their frames for him to work his magic. The vent frames look amazing. The door and quarter windows are mounted and he cleaned them up as well even though you wont be able to see them.

Everything arrived in wooden boxes with handles! The packaging, as has already been reported was outstanding. The thing that really struck me when I finally got the windows free of their cocoon was how perfect the edges look. Smooth, rounded, just incredible. The only down side, is my camera is crap and I cant capture how awesome this glass is.

I can say without a doubt Ill be getting any other glass work done by Chris, I cant say enough good things about the whole experience.

Extra bonus! Here are a couple of pics of what the vent frames looked like before and after.
Before

Also Before

After

Also After

Last edited by Halki; 07-17-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Pics didnt attach properly.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #45
Terraizer
Grenade Inspector

I ordered 2 sets of glass from Chris for my 1941 International and 1955 International a few weeks ago and got them this week and they are prefect, the price is awsome, i got both sets shipped for less then one set from another glass vendor, packaging was bomb proof, polished edges are really nice, will be ordering more from Chris once i get going on a few other projects. Thanks agian Chris
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #46
Givens

I just opened my 1941 Dodge pickup glass. This stuff is awesome! Bomb proof package and great price. Customer service was above and beyond any I have ever had. Would not go anywhere else for glass.
Thanks Chris!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #47
kgp50

Got my glass for 40/41 Ford PU today. Big-time DITTO on the quality of product and service from Chris! I'll be back too. And ... you've got to see the crating to believe it-- too good to throw away. I'm thinking of re-purposing it as a suitcase!!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #48
562roadster

Chris did an awesome job on the glass for my '29 coupe. Great quality and the packaging is bulletproof! Thank You!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #49
66galwag

Another big thumbs up for Chris! Got the 2 windshield halfs for my '48 Plymouth Coupe the other day and they look great and were superbly packaged. Will definitely go back when I need glass again.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #50
The Rabid Whippet

I got my back roll down glass for my 1936 Ford Coupe. As was said, the packing was great, the glass is tempered and has polished edges. This glass made the previous owners ebay purchase look like he bought it from a child that did it. Chis is also awesome to deal with!! I'm tempted to smash my new glass from him just to do business with him again and get a spare crate. Chris, keep your prices fair and you will be the go to guy!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #51
Big A
Alliance Member

Quote:
I think my glass is beautiful, and i'm absolutely sure you will too!
I just got the glass for my shoebox and it looks amazing. As everyone else has said A) the packing job is fantastic. B) the glass looks freakin' perfect. C) Chris is a good guy to deal with. Walked me through making my templates, answered my newbie questions etc.

All this, shipped in a fancy crate, for less than any local guys I could find quoted. I'll be ordering from Chris again.

Now I just need to get the car to a stage where I can actually install the glass!

My shoebox build... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626123
Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #52
wayfarer
Alliance Member

Chris made some new vent windows for my '53 chevy wagon. He even threw in some glass setting tape so I could install them. Great guy to deal with!

Looking for inside visors for '50 Chevy hardtop
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
vert1940
Grenade Inspector

just got our glass for the 30 coupe...don't know what to add that has already been said...awesome work...edges polished...bomb proof packaging..even had a handle on it so the fed-ex guy could carry it easily...chris called with the tracking info,and had a nice conversation with him..all around great guy
Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #54
Big A
Alliance Member

This is the second time I'm attempting to leave positive feedback for Chris. First time I got a message saying "Your message will be posted once the moderators approve it" or something like that. It never appeared. It was all good, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have passed muster. Anyway...

Chris just cut the glass for my shoebox project. I haven't got the glass in the car yet, but it looks great and is spot-on my templates, so I don't anticipate any problems. Chris has been good to deal with, answered a lot of my dumb questions and stayed right on top of the job. Very much appreciated. I'll post pics once the glass is on the car. Thanks Chris!

Now hopefully this message with make it past the gate keepers.

My shoebox build... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626123
Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #55
mccsix
FNG

Chris is absolutely the best to work with. His effort to give you the bets product for the best price puts him way above any others in the glass business.
My Model A truck is looking better.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Model A arriving 005 (Small).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1760993  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #56
cryobug
Grenade Inspector

My upholstery man broke one of my door glass for me and after seeing the quality of Chrisís work I didnít even bother looking anywhere else. BEST GLASS WORK YOU WILL EVER SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #57
hotrodgypsy
Grenade Inspector

WOW...IS ALL I CAN SAY !!!!!just recently received my bomb proof package from chris...upon opening the package i was speechless......well packaged glass,perfectly polished edges...quality craftsmanship and goods...quick turn around time,good price..chris is the hotrodders ....rodder.....he is a artisan..i dealt with a lot of local glass shops,but the quality wasnt the same...wish id live near chris,he'd have ALL my work....we'll be installing the windshield and back glass tuesday night..ill probably call chris(MY COACH)for some coaching and reassuring words...chris welcomes calls for guidance....he's a good guy...thankx,chris,glad i e-mailed you..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #58
Dan

Just getting ready to install my third set of glass that I have had Chris cut - as usual the work is top notch!
Wouldn't even consider having anyone else do the job, the product and service is outstanding!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
Junkbike
Grenade Inspector

Repeat customer, same as first time, great glass, and service
Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #60
kodiak621
Alliance Member

My first time ordering from Chris. Ordered a complete set for my 53' Studebaker 2R5, great customer service, price, and delivery. Will order again when the next project is ready.
Thanks!!!