Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speed Week 2012 - Post Here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Start of a fresh thread to post update info, pics, personal experiences, etc about Bonneville August 11-17:
    *Aug 10 - Friday at scta-bni.org it was posted that a rain storm went through but, salt drying up. salt opens 7AM Saturday, Drivers meeting morning. Tech inspections started Thursday.
    *in Wendover there is overnite "dry" camping on the 5 acre future location of the Bonneville Museum-East side on Wendover Blvd just East of Car Quest Auto Parts (950 State Hwy, 84083)-North side of road at base of hill-first come first serve-sewage dump for motor homes supposed to be available.
    * don't forget to plan for next year August 10-16 2013

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Aug 11 - Saturday Morning in Wendover 66 degrees and later 95. Wind Speed 7 MPH with 12 MPH Gusts. some pics can be found at: runs-on-salt.com

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

guess no news is good news

4. A Boner

A Boner

???????????????????????????????????????

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

OK, just a few words. Just finished downloading todays first shots. The winds came up on Thursday nite and then the rains hit. Remember last years rain? Yup, people scattered and here at the KOA we had a bunch of 'guests'. Tman, McTim, Lance were all in need of dry ground and showers, tonight we have another guest, excuse me if I miss name the name, but Jerry? Been on the HAMB longer than most have been alive. The Brats have been cooked, the beer is being tipped and the stories are being told. What more can anyone ask for? No pictures, what happens in Speed Week stays in Speed Week. OK the salt, it's is harder than it has ever been. Tract one is a bit underwater and should be open tomorrow. Rookies? over 200. What is the most vehicle style I noticed, tanks, lots of new tanks. I will try to get some images loaded tomorrow.

6. typo41...Is that a joke, Mentone Beach..... Or are you on the riverbank?

7. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

if anybody sees friends of mine on the salt, sure would like to see some pics. hope they made it. dark green model a roadster new car, just finished first time racing on the salt. name on car is pierce boys racing. they have a dark green a pickup as a push truck. both flat head powered. if anybody sees them would like to know. thanks

8. SophieEdwina

SophieEdwina

Here are a few photos I took out there, went for the weekend. Arrived on Thursday night, woke up to a crazy storm around 1 AM - took our canopy, flipped our cots - NO GOOD! Tech day the weather had cleared up, for a bit.... until mid-afternoon when there was quite a bit of rain. Fortunately - things were up and running on Saturday and we were able to enjoy the races. First photo is me standing where we had originally set up camp, but as you see... the rain sort of put a damper on things! Lots of cool cars and cool people, can't wait to go next year....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

SophieEdwina - Thanks for posting pics

10. More great pictures!
    Thank you!

11. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great batch of photos, keep them coming.

13. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

That's unfortunate about the weather... Looks liek a lot of cool cars! I hope to make it to Bonneville one of these years! Thanks for sharing.

14. Bucknsac

Bucknsac

Great pics, that's really nice of you for sharing...thank you!

15. amazin' pics, thanks for that, and, Sophie, not, that you are in need, but salty water's always good for health! my parents told me so and threw me right into the atlantic! long time ago, but i have a cold right now! nice pics!

Carsten

16. Nobey

Nobey

Nice pics Sophie, thanks for posting........

17. RenoWrench

RenoWrench
    from Reno

Got back from Bonneville Sunday evening and I'm still trying to process all of the amazing stuff that was out on the salt.

Overwhelming doesn't even begin to describe it. Met a bunch of great people from all over the globe and saw tons of inspirational cars.

Thanks to 49desotoman for sparing a little time to let me shoot the Desoto!

Saturday was pretty nice once I figured out my exposures, Sunday was pretty hazy so I'm not quite as happy with some of those pics but for anyone that's interested here ya go...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More in the Flickr gallery, I'm still working through stuff.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/electrictrout/sets/72157631054371360/

And some more in my FB gallery (I'm not sure if you need to be on FB to see them or not?)
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3055215759567.100792.1838547417&type=1

18. That 1st storm was nothing compared to Fridays... Great pictures!!

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks for the post and info.....

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

RenoWrench - Thanks for pics

21. rileyrecords25

rileyrecords25
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Monday was great nice weather, not too hot and lots of friendly people to talk to. Got a little windy to night but its all good now. This is my first year and got to say all the stuff people say about this place is true. I kick my self for not coming sooner and plan on coming for years to come!

22. RenoWrench.......WOW.......GREAT color & comp!!
    Thanks......cw.

23. RenoWrench

RenoWrench
    from Reno

Thanks CW, it's easy when you've got great subject matter and a good background.

24. Kick ass as always!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

Attached Files:

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

kuztomklaus - Thanks for pics

26. firingorder1

firingorder1

We're having a hoot so far with the sidecar. Upped a very soft 83 mph record to 118+ mph. Changed to fuel (but running gas) and did the down run today at 129+ on a 104 record. The sidecar is in impound right now and we make the return run in the morning. Fingers crossed.[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2012-08-12

Even got interviewed by French TV. Right when you are trying to get ready to run!!!

[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2012-08-12

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

firingorder1 - Thanks for pics and update. wish you the very best for tomorrow!

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

29. Thanks for all the hospitality over the weekend Tony!