Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > Archives > Art Archive

Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #81
Buzznut

Default Re: The Friday Art Show! July 20, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoggie View Post
The computer has a nice soothing blue desktop. There is an intrinsic disrespect shown to image makers ('artists'). Hence poverty.
We show here- that's enough.. respect!
I agree with the intrinsic disrespect comment. I've created hundreds of logos and websites, taken thousands of photos, cartooned hundreds of cars, created thousands of t-shirt designs, etc. all over the last 25 years. I get the aggravation and anger part...I've been there and had many designs blatantly stolen, copied and reproduced without permission, and likely many more without my knowledge.

What I'm saying here is that you cannot automatically assume that everyone who likes something, or even downloads it, is a thief. Watermark it so it is obscured, then no one can use it unless they go through the trouble of actually recreating it. If I don't watermark something, copyright it, or put my name blatantly somewhere on it, I'm assume it will likely be copied. If it's a photo of a cool car or something I've gotten a lot of mileage out of, I'm not terribly worried. However, if someone profits off it, or represents it as their own, I'll become one of their worst enemies.

What happened here to Del is wrong on so many levels that I want a piece of this guy when Del is done with him, but we're not all bad guys...especially fellow artists who know what goes into creating a work of art. Many times I download the images just so I can admire them, and maybe learn something from them. As artists, are we all about honing our skills and broadening our vision?

Peace out...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #82
ct1932ford
Alliance Member

One Arm Bandit putting down some stripes on my 32 at Rumblers show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumblers 003.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	1695068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumblers 022.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	1695069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumblers 039.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	1695070  

Name:	Rumblers 040.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	1695071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumblers 001.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	376.1 KB
ID:	1695072  
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #83
Del Swanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzznut View Post
I agree with the intrinsic disrespect comment. I've created hundreds of logos and websites, taken thousands of photos, cartooned hundreds of cars, created thousands of t-shirt designs, etc. all over the last 25 years. I get the aggravation and anger part...I've been there and had many designs blatantly stolen, copied and reproduced without permission, and likely many more without my knowledge.

What I'm saying here is that you cannot automatically assume that everyone who likes something, or even downloads it, is a thief. Watermark it so it is obscured, then no one can use it unless they go through the trouble of actually recreating it. If I don't watermark something, copyright it, or put my name blatantly somewhere on it, I'm assume it will likely be copied. If it's a photo of a cool car or something I've gotten a lot of mileage out of, I'm not terribly worried. However, if someone profits off it, or represents it as their own, I'll become one of their worst enemies.

What happened here to Del is wrong on so many levels that I want a piece of this guy when Del is done with him, but we're not all bad guys...especially fellow artists who know what goes into creating a work of art. Many times I download the images just so I can admire them, and maybe learn something from them. As artists, are we all about honing our skills and broadening our vision?

Peace out...
Buzznut,
I agree about having a morgue of other artists work. I have a bunch and don't see a problem with people having my work to look at or maybe even learn from. I learned (and continue to do so) how to draw and paint by looking at how other artists solve artistic problems, and by looking at everything around me. I don't mind that as long as it's for personal use, not making money. I'm with you on this.

Swanson Artworks and Shaved Ape Studios.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #84
gnichols
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroArtist View Post
Here are some pics of 2 or 3 panels I've been burning on lately. The one with the portrait and two race cars on it is in memory of a close friend who was murdered during the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals this year. Donnie Ray Crawford is his name. This panel will be auctioned off at the race labor day weekend being put on in his memory.
Sad story. Did they ever figure out what the fight was about? Gary
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #85
PyroArtist
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnichols View Post
Sad story. Did they ever figure out what the fight was about? Gary
There has been a few ideas going around. But, not really sure the truth will ever come out. And, maybe it shouldn't. Who knows. That was just a crazy incident all around. It's great to still see people with the "55 Halo" logo as their avatar/profile pic on FB. He touched a ton of people in such a short lifetime. I'm also doing a panel called "The Crawfords, Oklahoma's First Family of Racing". It's going to be a great one as well.

Joshua Seabolt PyroArt

www.joshuaseabolt.com
Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #86
Spoggie
Old School HAMBer

'Arguments are to be avoided. They are always vulgar, and often convincing'.. Oscar Wilde.
Thank you Buzznut. Point taken as good. I will, however, remind all of the HAMB moniker- "Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in'. See below.

Thank you Customcory and Beebing- appreciate the comments, and enjoying your posts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100816Semashoe50-copy.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1695192  

Last edited by Spoggie; 07-21-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #87
edweird
Old School HAMBer

did this for kage. i cant take credit for the pinup, its awesome whoever did it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00403.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	1695210   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00402.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	1695211   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00401.jpg
Views:	248