Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Drive-Ins Are BACK!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigDdy31, Jul 30, 2005.

1. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

2. grapejuice1998

grapejuice1998
    from Dallas, TX

3. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I've heard a drine-in is opening in the Tomball area.

4. Randy D

Randy D

There is a neat little drive-in about 25 minutes southeast of Indy that i take the family to occasionally. It has an all grass lot and you have to take a radio to pick up the audio, but its still a lot of fun. The only thing i don't like is that they don't have the animated intermission clip.

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

6. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

Cool.....Yeah I just drove by the one near tomabll. It's on 2920, close to 290, for all the South Texas guys. It's not open yet though.

Saulgoode

7. Terry

Terry

We go to the one in Lamesa about once a month, been there for 100 years.

And now the same cat is opening one here between Midland and Odessa. About 15 minutes from my house. Can't wait!

8. tragic59

tragic59

As if I needed another reason to move back to Texas...

9. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Terry, I'm going to be in the area this coming weekend. Anything going on? I'm going after the 59 buick I bought in Midland then on to Crane for a 35 year class reunion. Is the wwII aircraft museum still open in Midland? I want to show my son the nose art and the birds. TP

10. My girl and I took my two boys, 10 & 4, to their first drive-in expereince on Friday night. We all had a great time. The boys liked the movie from the front seat while she and I sat on the cooler in front of the car. We recalled our days at the drive-in as kids, dressed in our pajamas, piled in the back of the station wagon with all our siblings. Dems wuz da days!!! I know we'll be going back soon, but I think we'll wait till the boys are at their mom's house for the weekend... I don't know what we'll go see, and it probably won't matter too much... ;)