Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects shock mounts for a model A ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldBlueOval, Apr 30, 2012.

1. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Good morning! Looking for pictures or fabrication information and shocks style used for installing a new style setup for my model a. Right now I'm running the car with out shocks of any style. I saw a car converted over to new style shocks last year at a show couldn't find the owner so didn't get any pictures. Just wouldn't be right crawling under some ones car to take pictures with out asking first. Would like to fab. my own brackets . My car is a 1930 Tudor. Thanks Joe

2. bgaro

bgaro

f1 upper mounts are popular for your application, you'll have to modify them a bit. it may depend on if your running fenders or not, but you can also look into a upper mount/headlight mount set up as well.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Like bgaro said, it all depends on if you are running fenders or not. I assume it will be the car in your avatar, which has fenders, if that is the case you will need to fab up some mounts that bolt (or weld) to the outside of the frame rail and lean enough outboard to follow the inside of the fender. Those would be very simple to design and make, but you will have to factor in the correct height so your shocks have the proper travel and also where they should go to line up with the lower mounting point.

Here is a picture of ones we are currently building for my rpu project. Something along these lines would work if you added a plate to them that would bolt or weld to the outside portion of the frame.

[​IMG]

Here are some that Speedway sells. If you built them along these lines that is what you would need to do.

[​IMG]

Don

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  4. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

My model A is all stock with fenders. There are some pictures of it in my profile not shure how to load them to this post.The stock shocks are missing and see rides a little ruff. It,s a fun ride to take out on the weekend for a little cruise Thanks Joe

5. Here are the ones on mine and you should be able to use them with fenders as the mount to the outside of the frame
    [​IMG]