Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool things found in odd places tell us about it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Apr 7, 2012.

1. grazy

grazy

I am always on the look out for cool stuff sometimes the stories behind them make them even better. I once found a chrome big 97 stromberg at a tractor swapmeet. Found some very cool old Rat Fink stuff at a church bizzare.Picked up a real amazing ashtray at a local junk shop with California track roadsters sliding around it like a banked turn it reads worlds fastest sport . What are some of your car parts or cool stuff find stories found in odd places .

2. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Don't know how cool it was, but it scared the Hell out of me. When I bought my first wrecking yard from an old hoarder, I found a child's wooden coffin out in the middle of the yard. I found out later that it was a demonstration model, and that the local mortuary had probably hauled it to the dump. Later I found the Landau Irons off the sides of one of their old hearses. Every day was an adventure, while I cleaned that place up. You never knew what you would find in the trunks of cars, or stashed in a shed.

3. Bought some real old antique autombile tags for $5 each at a motorcycle swap meet.

4. hemi46

hemi46
    Member Emeritus

Went to a basement sale, got Washington State Motor Vehicle Operators Manual, 1937. Cost a whole dollar. On the back cover it shows the turn signals, arm out for left, up for right, down for stop.

5. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

first 10 issues of australian street rodder at the local church charity sale and about 10 late 50s rodding and restyling mags at the local garbage dump

6. Rah Rah Records

Rah Rah Records

Found 3 Highway Hifi records at a yard sale last weekend. Does that count?

7. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Stepped on this while walking though a field. At the time I was having a real hard time finding one in the local junk yards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I also found 2 banjo steering wheels hanging on the wall of a bathroom in an abandoned house.

9. found an old saddle in the back of a ford bronco.