Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NEED help! Drag Racing History, OCIR...........................................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Don Gillespie, the producer who brought us the almost six hour long documentary, "LIONS, the Greatest Drag Strip" three part DVD set is seriously considering tackling a documentary of the famous "Orange County International Raceway" drag strip/race track facility in Southern California.

[​IMG]

Here's his needs...anyone with movie film or video taken during the days of this drag strip, or any outstanding photos are needed. If there is enough film, tape, photos or unusual stories, etc. that can be found, then the film will get under way and into the production phase.

As you may guess, the "Lions" trilogy took many years and countless flights across the Country to interview the people who made "Lions" famous. This is a massive undertaking.
    So, Don needs to get an idea of what is available before committing the time that will be needed to produce a film of the same caliber as the "Lions" DVDs.

So, if you have something you may be able to help Don with, please drop him an email:
    [email protected]

I had the chance to contribute some movie film and photo stills to Don's "Lions" project and I am very proud to have had my film and images included into a film that has entertained thousands of drag race fans around the world.
    It would have been a shame to not have all of my own materials not used, not that they are that great, but because they had survived the wrath of time and still held up with good quality.

It takes tons of help from the public to undertake a task like this, so, think long and hard about anything you might have squirreled away that could become part of history.

2. I think Groucho has some stories and history on this place.

3. I will put the word out at Art's shop next wed.Im sure Don Enriquez has plenty of memories of that track.

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

BTT for the nitroheads on a friday night

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Garsh domnit I wish I had something to donate...gonna be awesome.

6. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Only wish i had taken pics,
    went to ocir during high school, ran my 61 pontiac wagon, a friend of mine in those days steve luvisi, was driving a 56 4 dr sleeper with a rochester fuel injected vette engine. These days steve runs a corvette restoration business in huntington beach, fun times

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

8. KebMo

KebMo
    from Ohio

I was stationed at El Toro in 67/68 and frequented OCIR every chance I got. I have a bunch of still photos at my other residence (350 miles north) & I'll be going there over the holidays. I hope to drag those photos back with me and scan them.

9. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I have a couple friends that have pics of us at The County from 73-76. I'll light a fire under them to dig them out.

10. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Any news on this? Put out the word.... waiting for responses.

11. Any recent talk about this ? I haven't heard anything lately.