Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st Annual Hot Rod Kulture and Nostalgia Drag Rumble

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bovman, Aug 17, 2011.

1. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

Great song.. I have it somewhere in the attic.

2. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

I assume that's your coupe in your avatar? What photoshop program did you use to remove the image of the hydraulic jack from under the front end? Really a nice touch to include an image of a "track official"....almost makes it look real.

3. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

Coupe?...Coupes are for chickens...like them Willard cars :)

It's an old man's 2 door sedan.

It wasn't a hydraulic jack...it was a crane....lots easier to remove a skinny cable and no one suspects that. They always look under.

Did you notice it's the St Louis track before they turned it around?

Monster Mopar Weekend. Forgot what year..90 something.

4. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

OK,, I watched enuf (actually all) Clint Eastwood Spaghetti movies.
    '
    Where is this phantom Wild Willys?

There's a spot open for him on BOOT HILL!

:D

5. michev

michev

6. bovman

bovman

That event was put on by an independant promoter, not the track, who elected not to have an outside ambulance company come in for what was clearly a large event. The nostalgia event will have a state of the art ambulance and two paramedics provided by Superior ambulance out of Elmhurst Illinois, who provides such coverage at over 500 events every season. Get your story straight before spreading untrue information that could hurt attendence at our event.

7. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

I will say that on Sunday (the 4th) before the racing started I saw an ambulance drive down the track towards the finish line and park by the ticket booth.

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Exactly... :rolleyes:

I saw Hot Rod Hans run on Sunday. Randy is going to have his work cut out for him...

9. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

Yeah right, I seen his ET's on the Geezer website. He's got me covered by a mile.

Is cheating allowed? How about if I don't get caught?

Hey, were you one of the guys that stopped by?

10. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

Hey Boogy,

Check out the latest photoshopped pic. ain't tellin ya how to do it either :rolleyes:

11. bovman

bovman

Would it help if I turned off the red light in your lane?

It's all in good fun!

12. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

I won't tell anyone :)

What da ya mean in good fun?

We're talking a Mopar guy here whoopin' Chebby butt.

Reputations are at stake baby:cool:

13. bovman

bovman

I race a 1927 Ford with a stroker small block chevy in it and a 1973 Plymouth Duster G/SA

Who do I root for?

14. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Nah, I wanted to swing by and say 'hi' but never got a chance. I work at the VSI warehouse with Tommy Gearhart

15. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

I see you've been adulterated:p

16. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

That means turning off the clocks didn't help....

17. bovman

bovman

18. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

Breaktime:cool:

Things done for next week.

1. New brake pads for the expected 7 second 180 MPH blast...:)
    2, Loosened up the front shocks, I haven't gotten it up in a while :rolleyes:
    3, Removed the mufflers..crowds like noise.
    4. New skins..last ones lasted 4 passes.:eek:
    5, Synthetic everything...well almost :D
    6. Full tank of Super Shell Nitrogen enriched gas..for better weight
    transfer..couldn't find any SUNOCO 260:(
    7. Stopped drinking beer to lose weight.:p
    8. Prayed to the Gods of Wind for a 30 MPH tailwind.

I'm open for more recommendations.

I need all the help I can get to put that Willy's with that big hairdryer on the trailer :D

LOL...

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Throw a quarter down on the starting line... it'll distract him maybe????

20. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

LOL..Hey inflation reared it's ugly head. It used to be a dime would do it.

Broke my tranny Sunday. Had a backfire while cranking. Blew the starter along with a chunk of the bellhousing off. Putting in the old standby tranny.

Too old for this stuff :(

Only me. Never heard this happen.

21. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

Where is everybody?

OK, got the old trans back in. New starter.
    One burnout and it's on the trailer.

Hope it holds up at least one pass.

If I can't whoop that Willy's then I'll try for the longest burnout:D

At 8000 R's those puppies should be cooking about 180MPH.

Hey Thirdy5..bring some spares...LOL

<CENTER><TABLE border=2 borderColor=#7700ff><TBODY><TR><TH>Engine Speed (RPM) </TH><TH>Speed (MPH) </TH></TR><TR><TD align=center>8000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>182.61 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>7500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>171.20 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>7000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>159.78 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>6500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>148.37 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>6000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>136.96 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>5500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>125.54 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>5000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>114.13 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>4500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>102.72 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>4000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>91.30 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>3500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>79.89 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>3000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>68.48 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>2500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>57.07 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>2000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>45.65 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>1500 RPM </TD><TD align=center>34.24 MPH</TD></TR><TR><TD align=center>1000 RPM </TD><TD align=center>22.83 MPH</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

22. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I have the keys to the warehouse... :)

We'll see you tomorrow!!!!

23. bovman

bovman

Today's event has been rained out.
    Join us next Sunday, September 25th for Hot Rod Kulture and Nostalgia Drags.
    Same time. same place.

24. bovman

bovman

I really thought we would get today's event in as the rain wasn't supposed to hit Morocco till after 4 pm. A shift in the wind overnight brought it much sooner then anticipated. We needed a minimum of 8 rain free hours to prep the track, to get the 5 hours of track time we had promised the Nostalgia racers. Unfortunately, it rained at the track from six am till 7:30, soaking the grass and preventing any type of track preparation. With heavy storms predicted after 1 pm, the decision to postpone the event till September 25th was made, as there was no way we were going to get that dry eight hour period today. I apologize to anyone who made the trip out, only to find out it had been canceled. We posted it promptly on the track's web site, recorder, and Facebook page and answered over 200 phone calls. I hope you will join us on Sunday, September 25th when we'll try it again.

25. HotrodHans

HotrodHans

What's the old phrase?

That's racing?

I've missed too many races listening to the weather man. Once in a while he/she gets it right.

C ya next week.

Breakfast at Maxwells in Beecher was as far as we got. Glad you called.

Hope you had flood insurance.

26. bovman

bovman

It was a tough decision, nobody wanted to get that event in today more then me. Several out of town racers arrived at the track early this morning, but said they had encountered rain on and off almost all the way there and agreed that postponing the event till next Sunday made the most sense. I know that you thrashed on that A all week getting it back together for this event and your efforts are appreciated along with everyone else's understanding of today's decision to hold the event on September 25th instead of today.

27. 10w30dna

10w30dna
    from Indiana

I sure hope everyone understands that we all have to deal with weather.........I would love for this event to catch on and prosper! We need more swap meets........along with nostalgia races.

28. bovman

bovman

Spread the word, FREE SWAP SPACE, FREE CAR SHOW ENTRY THIS SUNDAY 9/25/11. Just pay the $15 admission per person. We hope this helps make up for the number of people who came out to the track last Sunday, only to have the event rained out. Please help spread the word about this offer, as it is to late to place any ads. See you Sunday for Nostalgia Drags / Swap meet / Car Show at the No Limit Raceway!

29. bovman

bovman

30. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Sorry you got rained out, hope the sundays better, but looks like rain on/off this weekend too. Next weekend is Byrons annual wheelie contest[10/1 &2].We were at the 41 mess somebody posted the yellow bullet thread about. Looks like you guys got the safety thing handled. Just dont let Denny run your event.