Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Stock-S/S-F/X 1959-1966

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Race Artist, Mar 2, 2008.

1. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

It appears to read 'Bud' Linnebur xxxxxxx xx and the phone number. I can't make out the town and state.

I found another picture........

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. hemiman_1999

hemiman_1999

Thanks for the pic I have that one as well and can't make out what is says in any of my pics. Thanks for the help Happy New Year..

3. fanbelt

fanbelt

Bud linnibor wichita ks jim shriver

4. fanbelt

fanbelt

Sorry I mispelled Bud's name it should be Bud Linnebur,Witcha,kansas,and his phone no. Jim:confused:

5. hemiman_1999

hemiman_1999

Thank You Sir and Happy New Year..

6. Christian Bros Racing

Christian Bros Racing

I know all about this car! I sent you a PM RaceArtist.
    Also I wrote about this car another thread on this website.. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335534&highlight=comet&page=87

amazing... 2 years earlier this was posted. :)

7. This thread has been around for over two years and I never saw it? I can't blame that on the 1970's,can I?

I must contribute!

Attached Files:

8. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Great stuff guys! This is what lifes all about!

Total Perf-

9. HPB43

HPB43

I'm looking for the list of the 16 qualifiers in Super Stock at the 1967 NHRA World Finals at Tulsa. We (Shaker Engineering/John Blackstock) qualified in the number one spot but like a lot of racers in those days didn't pay much attention to keeping that kind of documentation and photos. I remember that the qualifying list was just a one page typed list that was distributed to all 16 qualifiers.

I have the SS/EA Camaro back and fully restored and am now working on collecting the documentation that I should have saved in 1967. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HPB43

Attached Files:

10. Since the subject of Bud Faubel's '64 hardtop has come up frequently,maybe these pics may jog some memories. This is the car as it looked when in my possession(1985-89),and with the aluminum doors. Why do I think it was Bud's car? For one,the car was originally red;I'm not aware of any other red Stage III lightweight Dodge hardtops from out east. Strick's car was white,the Bounty Hunters/Banning Dodge was also white,and there was a black one(Francis and Parsons "Hurricane");but no other red ones. Any one else know? When I bought the car,the seller had it listed as "An old Hemi car";that would match up with the Hemi conversion in late '64.

There's some interesting spots in this car's history that I can provide info on;sadly,this car may no longer exist.

Attached Files:

11. Race Artist

Race Artist

Great pictures and information. I'd like to hear the history of the car that you know of. It was common knowledge at the time that this car was converted to hemi power and then '65-ified when it became the turbo car. George Weiler who was Bud Faubel's wrench and co-driver back then told me a few years ago that the problem that they couldn't overcome at the time (1965) with the turbo car was that there wasn't the technology to effectively regulate the boost for drag racing. After the turbo project was shelved I have no knowledge about the car's history.
    Joel

12. 65 T-BOLT

65 T-BOLT

Troublemaker427!.....post #11, the last picture!....was this taken at Mason Dixon Dragway?

13. 65 T-BOLT

65 T-BOLT

nevermind! found my answer on post #125

14. Mike Gaines

Mike Gaines

Just wanted to post a picture....

I owned this car, built 100% of it in my speed shop back room when I was 25 years old....and raced it during 1966/1967....match racing it almost every weekend.

We ran it on Hilborns with about 70% Nitromethane Mix. Crane Roller Cam, 13.5-1 Pistons, Vertex Magneto, Torqueflite Trans and 5.13 gears.

Engine was set back 26 inches, standard 15" rear altered wheel base and CAE tubular front axle moved 10 inches forward.

I was NOT a famous or "known" national racer but I sure did the same things as the great racers of the era.

I always figured if I lived near Los Angeles, Detroit, etc I might have got picked up for articles in Super/Stock & Drag Illustrated, etc....but I lived and raced around small tracks in the midwest.

Just wanted all the racing enthusiasts to enjoy a picture from a fellow racer....Although I am 68 years old now, I will never forget those times.

Attached Files:

quick85 likes this.
  15. rlsteel

rlsteel

Hi Mike is that picture taken at wentzville? RLS

16. storm king

storm king

Very cool, Mike; and no problem with you being so young now!
    seriously, my brother is your age, and he's looking for his old Pro Stock Duster, and building two other Mopars to get out and play again.

17. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Welcome Mike
    Feel free to tell stories about your racing and the car.Looks cool to me.Must have been a blast to drive.Great times back then.Not everyone was a name but you did it and enjoyed it.Same with me,looked forward to every weekend back then so I could go racing.

18. 4406

from Oklahoma

Any pictures of Don Grotheers 66 Plymouth would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Ray

19. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Remembering York /'65 "The Greatest One Day Drag Race Ever" wed. 3/2
    We had a great evening.
    It will be archived,if you want to check it out
    www.racersreunion.com

Attached Files:

20. biscaynes

biscaynes

21. dragracer01

dragracer01

Im looking for pictures of the Ronny Sox 1962 Bel Air-Thunder in Carolina car,I believe it was red,also his 1962 Impala.Thanks,John

22. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Got a few.......

Attached Files:

23. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Not the best quality photo but....

[​IMG]

24. DR JAY

DR JAY

Well, I just made it through all 110 pages of this thread and have to thank all involved for the priceless insight and photos you have provided. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have it bookmarked so i can watch its progress. I sure wish I could have been there to see and especially HEAR those cars in action...

25. Race Artist

Race Artist

In my opinion it was the very best era for S/S-F/X drag racing. I'm glad that I was around to see and be a small part of it.
    Here's a shot of one of the '62 409's that Hubert Platt ran through 1962-3. This one was light yellow.
    Joel

Attached Files:

26. storm king

storm king

Ditto. To me, the '63-'71 seasons were the halcion days of drag racing. I'd rather watch high ten second real four speed shifted cars than any modern s/s or pro stockers. (yawn).

27. Coralsnake

Coralsnake
    from WIS

28. Race Artist

Race Artist

My feelings exactly Storm King ... said it many times myself. These days the N/SS cars at a small track, at night come close to how it used to be. The York Reunion Musclecar Madness show and drag meet at Beaver Springs, PA come close.
    Joel

29. yogi 1944

yogi 1944
    from michigan

This was not a Alum car , Was owned by Jim Stevens . Was a Eng for the Crab plant in bay city . Later the car was owened by Art Noey . And then Dave Schultz

30. Race Artist

Race Artist

Knew that it wasn't an aluminum car ... do you have any pictures of the car?
    Joel