Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kevan sledge just got ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Apr 6, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

My brother Kevan Sledge from the Shifters just got ripped off, the burgulars broke into his riverside house and stole all his cadilac speed equipment off his cars, one is a 2 pot edmunds intake for 331 caddy with 97's and matching valve covers, they also stole a 6 pot intake for caddy, an original Von Franco painting that franco did for him, all his wife's vintage clothing, all his high end car parts, these pricks new what they were steeling, they did'nt steal his cars because he had the back gate blocked with a big cadilac, all his rare spot lights. everbody keep an eye out on craig list, the hamb. e-bay, the poor guy is distraught. look for this stuff at long beach and Pomona swapmeets, Enough is Enough! lets find this pricks, please make this post a STICKY. Kevin will post later, he is try to get the rest of his stuff out before they come back.

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That sucks!! Been too many posts about thefts and such. I don't know if the parts would get this far, but you've got eyes out in West Texas.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Any chance he has pictures of the stuff? or identifiable marks on any of it?

Not that it would ever make it this far , but you never know

and it would be hard to tell if its hot or not without knowing what to look for

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Cadilac speed equipment is super rare , any guys that have this stuff, we know each other, the franco painting was done for kevan and is not a print, I'll have kevin post pictures of the stuff. please some one have Ryan make this a sticky, stolen stuff is usally found in the first 24 hours, after that it is imposible to find.

5. S.F.

S.F.

I will keep an eye out for vintige caddy stuff...it has to turn up somewhere

6. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

we got to stop this ahole bump

7. cruzr

cruzr

will keep my eyes peeled

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Who was there at some point in time to case the place and know what he had?
    "They" knew of his coming and going and the inventory.
    Best wishes to recoup the parts.

9. I'd bet inside job too.

10. 53chevy

53chevy

What a damn shame!!!! I just recently had some of my stuff stolen, nothing compared to Kevan's, but the mere fact someone broke in. I'm here in Riverside and will keep an eye out. If you need some help or an extra hand Kevan, let me know. I'll stop by and give you a call, been super busy with school. Hope this can turn around for the good somehow.

Ken

11. Man that sucks - I have always admired Kevan's cars and also the Shifters dedication to the past.
    I hope the items get recovered!

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sounds to me who ever took it or set up the heist..had been in his house at one time.

Reason I asked for pictures or ident markings is...some of us guys arnt caddy guys..and may not know what to look for..more eyes on the prize if you will

13. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Know who yer friends are. Sounds like an inside job since they went right for the goodies. Tweakers don't know much!!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This sucks, I hate people, I hope he finds this stuff.

Damn, people suck!!!!

15. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Schit Kev, that is bad. Eyes & ears open here in Whittier.
    Hang in Man were all with you .

16. 53chevy

53chevy

Exactly, I had some Pontiac and Chevy speed equipment, plus lots of early Custom stuff, they only took some tools, detail kit and what not. I'm sure they knew, not your average thief or thieves.

Ken

17. agtw31

agtw31

keep an eye on ebay and craigslist

18. Know any tweakers in the neighborhood? Hopefully the idiot gets caught and is punished accordingly. Thiefs Suck!!!!!!!!

19. von zipper

von zipper

Deffinitly an inside job! Trust me, Ive been a victim!!

20. Worst kind of thing to hear, chances are Kevan knows the thieves, or they are neighbors. Was over at Kevans one night with Axle years ago, he definately had some very cool speed equipment aroung the shop, like many of us do.

Makes you want to not let anybody in your shop.......

Find 'em, hurt 'em, make 'em understand it gets worse the next time.

21. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

Sick to think it could be some "fellow" car guy that at some point had been an invited guest in the home. Got to give some credit to the way "less civilized" societies deal with the thieves in their midst. If it is like it is in my neck of the woods, the police spend very little effort dealing with property crimes.

22. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Give the cop's the names of EVERYONE who has been in the shop' if they are innocent they wont mind popping their garage open for a peek and divulging where they were on the night in question...

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Kevan had to short sale his house, and this was the last load of stuff he had to load, it just sucks , poor guy is down on his luck , and to have this happen to him, it's someone that knew he was moving.

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Unfourtunate, but you wont get that much co-operation from them(cops), and they need probable cause for that. (they only go against this law when it benifits them)

maybe Kevin and some of his trusted friends need to spread out quicky and start hitting up some of the possible targets , just to drop in and have a "beer";)

25. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I will keep an ear open for the Caddy stuff. I buy and sell, not so much lately, but I do get a lot of PM from guys offering and looking.

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have the Valley for you Kevan.

27. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

O.K. people
    I love the H.A.M.B.
    And hate reading stories like these
    I used to work with a friend who did home security installations
    Absolutely bullet proof
    We did a full tilt installation at a home in Sylmar that had been burglarized three times
    When we got through nothing or no one could get in without being noticed

The system included

Bugs on all the window screens (remove the screen trip the alarm)

Bugs on all the windows (if the moron is brazen enough to ignore the screen alarm
    another sounds)

If the bozo continues through a window or door a very visible laser beam about waist high should stop him)

And last resort the motion detectors nothing moves without setting them off

All this kicked in the video cameras and alerted the central reporting agency

Problem solved

Not cheap but if you value your positions invest in some home and garage security

28. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Jesus man nothing like kicking a guy when he's down.....shit! Sorry Kevan.

29. eyes out in phoenix az

30. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

All these thefts of vehicles recently now house break in's to steal speed equip,this is sorry to say one of our own,we have a thief amongst us.sorry kev this is just dead wrong!