Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The "Keep on Truckin' " '34 Chevy Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cactus1, Jun 16, 2009.

1. thanks for the reply!!

2. Lookin good, your engine makes me funny down low!

3. Haha! Me too! Thanks Homie!

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

Naw. The whole truck gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Real nice job...John

5. So, I didn't finish the truck in time for the Drags :(. Try as I might, there is just too much to do. As Ryan told me, there's always next year. Thanks Ryan.

Anyway, I think we're going to take the sedan. Hopefully it will make it as I've never driven it that far/long. If you see anything that looks like it might have fallen off a '54 Ford on your way to Joplin, pick it up for me would'ja? :D

See you at the Track!

-mikethegreek-

Attached Files:

6. lookin good!!! how did the handles work out for you???

7. Thanks Tom! The handles will work out fine. I gifted one to a friend in need building a '35. Everyone's happy!

8. Chris5.7ltr

Chris5.7ltr

Loving this build mate, nice work!

9. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

I'm the guy with the '35 that got one of the handles......Thanks again.

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

Lookin' good Playboy. Since you are so close, maybe you should shoot for getting it done for the Pileup in October....

11. Thanks Chris!

Haha! Yeah you are. You are welcome, now hurry up and get her on the road! I wanna see some video!

12. I just moved up a notch! Being called Playboy by the "Ultimate Playboy", Plowboy!

I stuck my foot in my mouth the last time I set a completion date so I think I'll keep quiet this time :rolleyes:.

It was good seeing you this weekend even if it was brief.

13. redwelter

redwelter

Here's some pics of my truck. Got the frame inside and put on jack stands, then we put the body on top, loosely bolted together. Now what do I do? I think I will use these posts as an assembly manual/instructions. The main thing seems to be solidifying the cab since the hood and rad shell must follow the same angle.

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/Redwelter/

Red

14. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Oh my my my...KILLER truck Mike! Really nice man! I subscribed so get ready 'cause me and POP will be on your 6 o'clock from here on! *Patience* HAHA Cool!

15. Hey Red, that is exactly what I did. My cab was all in pieces so I bolted up the cowl and made some supports for the rad/grille to get the hood where i wanted it. You should start a thread so we can follow your progress.
    Good luck!

D John and POP in the Hizzy!! Thanks for checking in homeslice! Ima do you and POP proud...Skiddledy-boPHey!

*Edit* Mrs cactus1 (emily) says "Hiiiiiiiiiiiii" (waving hand)

Dave, I am floored! Thanks man, that means a lot! I did actually go to Art School and have a BFA in Sculpture (snicker snicker). The two best things about school were that I met my wife there and learned how to weld!
    Thanks for noticing and taking the time to comment! Ima do you proud too!

I have been working on a bunch of little stuff lately that I will post some pictures of. I keep crossing stuff off my list, but every time I do I think of two more things to add to it, dammit!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  16. redwelter

redwelter

17. redwelter

redwelter

I have to echo the comments of Dave. I love the way you plan and execute fabricated parts. They have form AND function even if they are in a place where no one will ever see them. Beautiful. I will be stealing a lot of ideas from this thread, I hope you don't mind. Keep it up and let me see the video of this baby drivin' !

Red

18. I have been working on a bunch of little things that I am trying to work out while the truck is still together. I am getting frustrated with the loading/ resizing of the pictures (stupid iPhone's huge pictures) so here is just a little bit.

I cleaned up my windshield frame and figured out it's mounting. I also decided to put my battery under the passenger side floorboard to try to keep things uncluttered in the bed and engine compartment.

Attached Files:

19. Thanks again Dave and Red. Dave, I did learn to Tig at school. Most of my work was cast aluminum/bronze and we had a Tig in the foundry. I also took a holloware class up in the jewelry department which was raising bowls and stuff out of sheetmetal. I kind of just learned to tig through trial and error because no one was really well versed in its operation.

Next, I repaired this old spoon pedal and mounted it. I added about 2" to a model A throttle rod to hook to the carbs. Unfortunately,I need to figure something else out because the spring- loaded ends tend to stretch not allowing full throttle...and that's no bueno.

In the interest of time, I punked out and bought this dandy generator relocating bracket to tuck my gen under the hood.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    HelmuthBrothers likes this.
  20. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Wow, I have missed your updates recently, but the truck is really looking great! Dave hit the nail on the head.

I have always liked this era truck, & yours is killer!

The bed length & full hood are right on the money. Keep up the great work

Dan

21. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

That truck is the cat's pajamas,the bee's knees, and Kermit the frogs smoking jacket! Can you dig that?! HA! Skeedlybop shoowop... POP!

22. Thanks yous guys!

23. Never get tired of looking at that engine!

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Everything is looking killer man!!! I am still jealous over those exhaust manifolds.

25. Ha! When I posted those last night I said to myself that I bet people are sick of the same engine pics. I'm glad someone else digs it as much as me!

26. We'll let it slide this time, be ready to post some fresh ones or else!:D

27. They are new pics. Everytime I add a new piece, I take a new pic or twelve, Ha!

28. Thanks Ffej!! As for you, you might as well buy some of the Fentons. You change projects like they were socks! You are bound to get something you can use them on eventually. Oh Snap!! Yup, that just happened...hahaha!

29. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Daaamn homeboy, you make it look easy.. Awsome parts you build too. Im waiting on the next update!