Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Econoline guys! Master cylinder adapter here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, May 26, 2010.

1. By request from Boston Mike, I designed a nice master cylinder adapter for you guys that bolts in as a direct replacement of your stock master cylinder, accepts the stock pedal and bushing arrangement, and allows the use of just about any Ford dual master cylinder.

Whatchu think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of these is Mikes, the other two are available, $120.00 (each). I know it's a bit high but if you guys want to make a group purchase I could be persuaded to lower it. Volume reduces cost!

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. Hellfish

Hellfish

Looks cool!

Here's the one Fred C designed and built. He's on the HAMB, but I forgot his HAMB name. It's heavy and clunky, but works well. Yours has more pizzaz though.

With these falt nose vans it's definitely a good idea to have a good, reliable braking system, and that starts with a dual MC upgrade. Good deisgn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bostonmike

bostonmike

Hey Steve,that looks awesome!I don't know if you have checked around or not but your price is well below the other two brackets available! not high at all. even with the master cylinder price it is still cheaper than just the other two brackets alone.I will be down to pick it up and also the tranny if it is still available.Thanks

4. bostonmike

bostonmike

Hey Joe ,did I hear correctly that Fred's wife passed this week? If so my thoughts are with him and his family,Mike

5. I would have figured it was a wicked-pissa! ;)

If you guys need anything else like this, I'm here to help.

6. Dude!
    That is beautiful.

7. Thanks!

I have some non-HAMB stuff I would love to brag about, so you're going to have to keep an eye on my website... :)

8. All three of these are just sitting here collecting dust.

9. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

10. shoeboxes use a very similar m/c so you might be able to increase your market, man. I dig it by the way

11. I have a 50 Mercury in shop right now that we are chopping. The Master cylinder is the same as the Econoline but does not have anything mounted in the pedal bushing eye, it's just empty. I can see this bolting on, hang on while I take a few pictures.

12. Ok, the adapter would fit the Merc and possibly the shoebox as you suggest. I don't think this will help much though. The master cylinder would have to occupy the same space as the steering box.

However, it would not be much of a stretch to build an adapter that is suited for the job correctly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I wonder if merc is difrent than ford. When I pulled my m/c it was pointed the other way and under the floor

14. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

very nice design and fab work, I have 2 of those masters on my Model A one brake and one for the clutch...

15. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

As a former Econline owner i would have been very happy if had such an adpater.
    I had to rebuild my single circut one.....

16. Ah, that would be much different then. So long as the master cylinder doesn't interfere with transmission mounts or crossmember legs I don't see why it wouldn't work.

17. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

I just checked out your website and found your Olds engine mounts. I know a buddy can use one for his 303 in a Model A project. He is not online so I'll pass the info on to him. Clean designs on your products.

18. Thanks a ton!

Make sure he gets the toll free number, ask for Steve!