Register now to get rid of these ads!

April Bangers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michael_e, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

WHAT THE F--- IS THAT....
    I dont even have those keys I hope that is some new code for (bangers rule)
    I hope you 2nd post works out better for you

2. Reported is what that is. Hey Bill hope the B is back to life soon sir.-Weeks

3. thesupersized

thesupersized

quick question im not too familiar with these 4 bangers but started working on my fathers 32 model b 4 banger again recently, was wondering if that model a cast iron header will fit on our 4 cylinder..i dont see why it wouldnt but not sure why its listed as a "model a header"

thanks!

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It will bolt to your block...I don't know it it will clear a 32 frame

5. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Hey Weeks good to see ya... I dont have time to play with the B engine so I am stealing my buddys stock A I got a nice B regrind cam from from Jetmek to put in it and I have my flywheel that I cut 27lbs out of it that I will put on. I hope to have it back on the road in 2 weeks. Then I will play with my B:D
    later Bill

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

We finally got the 1927 Dodge Brothers running again! Turns out the problem is the rotor keeps falling off the distributor. Is that common on the "Fast Four"? They claimed it was the fastest four made that year in an ad I read. This is a 20,000 mile survivor that is getting a repaint and reupholstery job.

7. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

You will never get it to run right. The rotor will alway keep falling off so you should just sell to me. Its like real old so I think 100 bucks would be fair.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    put some super glue on the rotor and run it.
    How is dads A doing did you get that to run?
    SEE YA SUNDAY....
    later Bill

8. Wow Bob, I didn't know you had a '27- post some pics when you have a chance!

Don't know about the rotors except that Dodge used both potmetal and steel bodies for their distributors through certain years (and starter ends and generator ends)... if you don't have them and can find them- get the steel parts!

9. Oh, and I'll double BCCHOPIT's offer... that car needs to be preserved down here in the Sunny South :D!

Take care, Bill

10. 30 A coupe

30 A coupe

Hi guys, need some help.
    My A banger at the moment has a B cam 5.5 hi-comp head and I'm running one 97 Stromberg. I have .65 power jet and .45 main jets. But the plugs are black. I can't get it better with the idle screws. What am I doing wrong???:(

Eddy

11. Forget if if I've asked this before, but how expensive/hard to find are Ford "C" cranks?

12. 21stud

21stud
    from California

Those are 18inch wheels on my roadster. Trying to keep some theme with the B eng, 18 wheels, 32-34 trans. The header is a Hallock replica.. I don't know where it was made. Seen some made by DP. Someone else may have the patterns.

13. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

14. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I know I'm going to kick myself later but thinking about another banger. Who has the best dizzy 12V for a banger. Also any pictures of a V8 flywheel in a banger or info:D I'm thinking about making a adapter to a 5speed Thanks

15. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

anybody have a usable model a exhaust laying around? I have one that I made but it is too loud for even me. It will be cool for when I go to shows, but right now I am working bugs out and i have it just sitting a running- my custom one is kinda erkin the neighbors (they are not complaining but i can see they are getting tired of it (and I like my neighbors so I dont want to piss them off))

16. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I ran a glass pack for a little bit. But I needed to make more noise so i run open header most of the time my neighbors love my car my other toys make more noise:D The A just sounds like a old tractor...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  17. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I think I have one. If I find it, you can have it. Just pay for shipping.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Stock that pass magnaflux NOT drilled for oil should run about $200., that is what I got for the last one I had a few years ago. The '27 DODGE BROTHERS isn't nine, a shop project. We'll be getting a NOS cap and rotor Saturday at the Rhinebeck, n. Y. swap meet.:)

19. Thanks Bob!

Crazydaddyo, I'm still interested- just need to find something you're looking for!!!

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I picked up my buddys engine he had siting in his shop today. I didn't know it had a fresh rebuild not to long before he got it and he drove it around the block 3 or 4 times so I don't think it has 500 miles on it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

That sure is a waste of a good 5 bearing cam. Looks good inside too.
    Don't blow it up. ;):rolleyes:

22. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

OK Crazydaddyo....
    I got a head for you let me know if you have any info on this one. I have seen them before at shows but never saw the inside until today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    thanks Bill

23. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Don't worry, It's not going anywhere. Are you any closer?

24. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I have to check the lift still but I got a B regrind for it.
    As for blowing it up I hope not... but you never now...I dont know how built it. But I will be testing there work:D

25. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

[​IMG]
    bigger is better

26. I just talked with a fellow who's brothers used 30's Pontiac connecting rods in their '27 Chevy 4 back in the day... and have also heard that Some Ford guys used them in their A engines.

Any truth to this and anybody know why- was the Pontiac rod longer than a stock A?

27. andyg

andyg

Did you run highway speed for 20 minutes and shut it off before idling before you checked the plugs?

Idle jets are low rpm mixture. main jets are mid-upper rpm mixture. Two totally different circuits in the carb. Does is load up or puff black smoke at idle? It could be one or the other or a combination of both. But know that idle jets and main jets are 2 different circuits for two different rpms! Be glad to help you if you can give us more info!

Also your plugs could be on the cold side. What plugs and what kind of driving do you do.

28. andyg

andyg

32's and model a manifolds are the same as far as bolting to the engine. the difference is that a model b angles to the rear and the model dumps straight down. So they will interchange if you want to change in the header pipe to match. I don't know that a model b manifold will work with the model a firewall. Hope that helps. No one repops a "B" manifold that I know of.

Also on the headers (like Red's makes)...the ones for the "B" will clear the fuel pump on the side (if noted so in his discription) and the "A" headers won't clear the fuel pump on the side of the engine. If your using an electric pump instead of the "B" mechanical pump then you can use whichever header you want.

model a manifold
    [​IMG]

Model B manifold below. Note that the flange part of the manifold where the header pipe connects to the manifold is broke smoooooooth off!:eek:
    [​IMG]

29. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Bill,
    I have seen those heads before. I was talking to a guy that was running one, and he said it worked pretty good. He also said that the "Chrysler Motors" wasn't the same as the Chrysler that makes the cars.
    Maybe Just Plain Bill knows more.

Are you going to run it?

Cool head. I've never seen the combustion chamber of one. Thanks for posting it.

30. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

My buddy never ran the head so I will give it a run I wont to cc the head. It looks a little big. I hope its over 5.5-1