Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harvey's Cruise Nite- Anniversary Cruise April 11, 1990

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John H, Apr 11, 2010.

1. John H

John H

20 years ago today Lee Mccullough and his Harvey's Cruise Nite staff held the 32n'd anniversary celebration of Harvey's Broiler cruise at Johnie's Broiler in Downey, CA. Here are some of the cars that were there. This was just one of the greatest weeks for me. Trip to No Cal in my 56 Ford and Castle AFB Museum (first and only long trip in this car) Tuesday, where I became friends with a well known USAF pilot, Wed the cruise then Thursday first air to air mission in Santa Monica, among other cool things (some involving a girl lol). Next up in this series in July I will have a thread on the 20th anniversary of Lee's final Harvey's Cruise Nite at the Broiler. Sorry would have had this up real early today but TWcable was out (again). Thankfully my scanner is now working, I might redo the San Dimas thread again and scan those pics. Ah, 1990, the magic year.

John

Notes: Joe Machado is seen next to his real 1969 Daytona, which he sold a couple of years later. He was a friend of my uncle's and found and got running my 56 Ford, the yellow and white one next to the black car and red Corvette, under the drive in letters. The pink Corvette I remember a kid named Hoss owned it and that car was quite a sensation. There's a pic of him in my other, San Dimas thread.

Attached Files:

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

John H, Thanx 4 posting those pics=They're GREAT! Now that is the way that I remember packing in the cars on the lot. :).
    It's funny because even up to 3 yrs later we still packed in cars like that and when Danny along with the Butchers and the Sultans still made a strong presence along with a few Yaks. It's one of the last places that I saw my old 34 3w high boy coupe.
    Still wish that I knew what happened to tha car after it was sold to John La Belle?

Remember that we have the 52nd anniversary cruise that is going on all day April 17th from 10 am till 10 pm. It's a loose deal so just come and have a good time, If ya have ay pics from back when, bring em along to share, we'd love to see em.

The Saturday Cruise nite will go down as usual, I'll see if Jim can start the car hops just a little earlier that day. Hope to see ya there!

3. I was there and that was cool deal. Thanks for the memories. Had a T Shirt on that said "Where were you in 62?" on the front and a picture of Harvey's with "I Cruised" on the back. Seems I got it from Tex Smith. I need to see if I still have it!