Register now to get rid of these ads!

has anyone ever done this???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Dec 3, 2009.

1. lorodz

lorodz

i was looking for info on how to mount a roadster winsheild on a model A sport coupe..i want to remove the post and run a roadster winshield with nice chrome stanchions....anyone have pictures or a tech to do this ...thanks

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. lorodz

lorodz

3. lorodz

lorodz

4. striper

striper

Nup, never been done.

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

If you do some searches, there have been several threads regarding the topic that you mentioned. Thanks for going back and editing your initial post, to tell us what you are working on.

One of the best ways that I've seen was to use roadster cowl pieces and then fab new doors.

6. striper

striper

OK maybe once or twice

7. It's not obvious to lop off the posts with a saw, finish the tops and install roadster windshield posts to them? You sure you want to tackle this project yourself?

(I assume the Sport Coupe is the cloth top one, so there's not a lot of roof to cut off).

8. lorodz

lorodz

i have had my share of cars and have done chops on many cars so i have experiance ..not worried about the work i just wanted to get a idea of how to modify the cowl not real worried about the doors have plans for that i just need a picture of the cowl modified..

yea sorry was typing in a rush had to go back and edit..lol....any pictures or links to a thread would be very helpfull

9. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

I think that you would be better off buying a roadster cowl and mating it to the sport coupe rear clip. That is what I am doing on my project.