Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Ford hood latch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bill3337, Oct 31, 2009.

1. bill3337

bill3337

I'm looking for a hood latch for a '37 Ford. I'd love to find one like this one in the picture. I'll use a VW rabbit one if I have to, but was looking for something clean and professional looking. Anyone know where I could find this one or have another idea? Thanks, Bill

Attached Files:

2. Not sure where to find a latch like the one in the photo. The original latch on my '38 Ford pickup, other than the chrome handle part being different, is the same as '37 car. I didn't like the original latch not having a safety catch, so I adapted a latch from an '85 Chrysler LeBaron (K car) with the cable release mounted under the dash. Not real pretty, but it works flawlessly.

3. meeksie

meeksie
    from Australia

4. bill3337

bill3337

Thanks for the tip. Those are quite similar to the VW latch which work pretty well too. I was hoping to find the exact one above, but maybe it was custom made.
    Where in Australia are you? Bill

5. meeksie

meeksie
    from Australia

I can see why you would want one exactly like the one pictured, it's very nice indeed.
    I am in Perth, Western Australia. I'm also looking out for lots of 37 items, so if you have any good sources of parts to smooth out my project eg. grilles, latches, catches etc. feel free to pass on the information.
    Nige

6. bill3337

bill3337

'37 progress, Oct 04, 2009 006.jpg

'37 progress, Oct 04, 2009 001.jpg I guess you're getting nicely into summer now, good car season. I have a few car friends near Melbourne and visited Australia a few years ago. I'd love to see some build pictures of your '37 if you have any. I do have some extra door latches, I have one pair NOS and one used single one I think. I have one good right front fender and a couple that are only good for the headlight cut out. I probably have other small parts but nothing too exciting.