Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > Archives > Tech Archive

Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
moefuzz
Old School HAMBer

Default Motor, Flathead Bellhousing And Oil Pan School

???? How Many of us have Been Here and Asked This?? .....Why won't my starter fit and work with this swap meet bell Housing??? What the heck, That don't look right, Why's it grinding????

....Well Fear No More... Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Flathead Bell Housings Is Currently Laid Out In A Logical And Clear Format And Comprehensible Order At The MSN Flathead Forum...(Soon to be a PDF Document For Easy Download). ...

Follow The Link(s) And Story That Will Soon Become A Highly Sought After And Extremely Informative Flathead Tech Article/Document....

For Those Of You That Are MSN Flathead Members, Please Show Your Much Needed Support And Leave A Comment THERE (on the flathead forum) In Appreciation For All The UnSelfish Dedication And Hard Work That A Certain Very Knowledgeable MSN Member Has Generously Given Of - In This Quest To Aid All Future Flathead Fans For Generations To Come.... His Free Giving Attitude Will Aid Many Here Now, And Will Help To Insure That Many Generations To Come Will Share Freely Of His Unselfish Expertise And Kind Hearted Knowledge...

I Can't Help But Think That, Weither This Is Your Current Cup Of Tea Or Not, The Following Information Is Destined To Become A Cornerstone Of Flathead Tech Which Will Surely Withstand The Test Of Time For All The Betterment Of Every Real Ford Fan And/Or Hot Rodder Alike....

PS. In this Large Word of 'Internets' and 'World Wide Webs', There Are Some People... Some Unsuspecting Fellows... That Will Leave A Lasting Foot Print That Will Impact Future Generations... ...And Maybe You In Particular May Not Share Or Currently Need The Following Info - ---Maybe Not Right Now Or Today, But No Matter, Many Will.... And To Those, It will Be As Treasured And Indispensable As 4 ply 6.00 16 Tires in the year 2005 (yep, two years ago).....

Please Show Your Kind Hearted Support And Appreciation To V8Bob By Dropping A Note On the Flathead Forum and Follow the link below to go directly to the Flathead Bell Housing ID Photo Album. Use the Pause and Speed functions to set the slide show to your liking. (Active-X is required to view this slide show)

Flathead Ford Bell Housing ID

.......Thanks Again to V8Bob for the Hard Work and Dedication he freely supplied for future generations to use at will.......

.......Hard Work and Dedication freely supplied for future generations to use at will.......

Last edited by Flat Ernie; 02-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Digger_Dave
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: Required Reading, Flathead Bellhousing And Oil Pan School

moefuzz, MY GOD! I have NEVER seen such a well documented, excellently photographed; assembled group of information on Ford flathead bell housings and oil pans in my life!!

I doubt that Ford themselves ever gathered ALL that information over the 22* year history of the beloved flathead.
(* 22 years includes 1954; the year Canada and Austrailia ceased production)

I can't wait for the PDF version!!
(but in the mean time; I SURE "book marked" your site!!)

THANKS for sharing!!
Dave
(*unless they were messy to begin with!)
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #3
nukeGM
Grenade Inspector

SlatFlatAddict,

and for those interested, the finished 49-54 Bellhousing/Starter Plate/Oil Pan compatibility guide/PDF is finished and can be downloaded over at the MSN Flathead Forums Diagrams Link...

Left Click the file name and select "Save as" to download it to your hard drive.....

Hope some find this useful.......

http://groups.msn.com/FordFlathead19...rwebpage1.msnw

Many thanks to V8Bob and to moe for putting this indispensible guide together.

Tip of the hat to you gentlemen......
Old 07-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
moefuzz
Old School HAMBer

...and thanks to nukegm for reminding us all that the finished pdf was up and running at the MSN Flathead diagram page..

BTW, The Bellhousing PDF is also available thru the MSN Flathead Forums Technosite link (along with many of the other Flathead articles and discussions from the Flathead Forum).

http://www.btc-bci.com/~billben/flathead.htm

Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Flat Ernie
Tech Editor

Default Re: Motor, Flathead Bellhousing And Oil Pan School

http://www.flatheadv8.org/bellhousing.pdf

T5 Tech