Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fat man. Fat man

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al's.C.D.T, Sep 14, 2009.

1. I was looking through the threads like you do and came across this thread on "T"s &"A"s.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398152

While looking the fat man wheel came up. How ironic this is. I had been looking for one of these wheels for a number of years, and when I visited the NSRA Nationals in Lousville this year I managed to locate one and bought it for $170, bargain!!
    When I got home I renovated it and fit it to my Center Door, and it's the nuts, I love it. I can now gain quite a few pounds and still fit in the car Lol.

Picture of me after I had just bought the wheel, and the wheel fitted to the car. What I cannot believe is that this wheel was made in 1916 !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. That wheel is pretty cool, I have never seen one before. I did some restoration work on a 1918-1919 Cadillac one time and it actually had one of the first tilt steering wheels ever made just for larger drivers and the owner paid like $1500 or $1800 for the damn thing. Anyway congrats on your find.

3. Thanks , They dont make them like that these days!!!

4. Spity

Spity

That thing is awesome, is that a little thumb actuated lever on the right?

5. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that's cool!

6. Yes it is the little lever, you push it to the right and slid the wheel up. As I said real cool, I just love it

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

You did a nice job restoring it.

8. Very nice work. I need my fat man "tiltlok" restored. Just the wood done. Interested.

9. Thanks for the comment, I was after the tiltlock wheel too for my other "T", just missed one on ebay, I think the UK might be to far to send it.show us a picture.

10. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

nice score! Louisville is about an hour down the road from me but you really made the trip! I go every year, it's a great show.