Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autohaus Los Gatos - beware? Anyone know them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Mar 2, 2007.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I guess I didn't read it well but it still seems like you were on the fence from what I read. Must just be me. I got "maybe buy the car" from the original post but if you had a solid deal with the guy that's kinda low.

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. I bought a 64 Electra from a hippie flake type in CA for $925 to get the nailhead out of and when I called to ask him what time I should make my flight that would be convient for him to pick me up at the airport he gave me a sob story about how he had the old "junk" car on the street and the city was harrasing him and he sold it for $200 to some Mexicans passing by. Good thing I did not buy the airline ticket before calling.

Ok, I was pissed but what really chapped my ass was that the guy cashed my check and took a full month to refund my money! I assume he was using this as a way to float interest free loans for his drug habit or something. World's full of dickheads...

2. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

I bought my Pink car from them last yer. When I saw it on e-bay I knew it was a car that I had built--even tho they had the decription wrong.They had the wrong engine listed,even said it had disc brakes(IT DOESN'T)and when i called to ask about the car,they basically lied about the condition.When it arrived in my driveway, I had to clean 17 years of crud off of the car. They had never even attempted to clean the car. Buyer beware of them!!

3. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

I was in there about 2 months ago to take pictures of a 39 conv't. I think the had a 39/40 coupe in the back. I wonder if it is the same car. I think it was a light shade of green.

Three guys working the phone, and a mini repair garage in the back.

4. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

The car was a maroon color. They sold it long ago, as having been 'always in California', :)

5. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

"maybe buy the car' was more a reference to you never know what you will see once you get there, we have all had THOSE situations!! I always leave a maybe, especially if the dough hasn't changed hands ya know? fopr 15k? Heck yes I would have bought it, probably would have paid the higher price, if he would have let me actually come see it. It's all water under the bridge now though. Lots of cons out there, big and small.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

interesting thread. As a Wisconsin Dealer, I am always searching for good cars. Lurking on the HAMB, even! I know a fella that bought a car on ebay...it was CRAP! He did a nice fluff/buff, threw some indian blankets on the seats, changed the wheels, wrote a great story and took some quality pics. He put the car on ebay again, this time with a Buy it Now that gave him a huge profit and nearly doubled the price of the car...guess who bought it? Yup, Autohaus Los Gatos. We loved it. So in a month, it shows up on ebay again. Way different story and no description of any of the issues. The Farm and Fleet bag the blankets came in was still in the trunk. Can't find one of those in Arizona, can you?

A year ago, a man from Australia called me about one of our cars for sale. We agreed on a price via telephone. Obviously, it would take time to make payment. I assured him the car was his. The next day and the day after that I turned down an additional grand for the car. His funds showed about ten days later. He and his buddies came over, did Drag Week with me, bought yet another car and went home happy. I just picked them up from the airport Tuesday and they are staying with me for a week. Running Time Machine Nationals together. Who knows, may buy another car. Bottom line...what goes around comes around.

Interesting thread, isn't it?

7. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I see where you are coming from but the only person here at fault is the seller. Ive sold a couple cars in my day and won't hold anything for anyone. Someone can give you the whole story over the phone knowing its a beat project car then show up and freak that it doesnt drive home or has one extra rust spot than you mentioned (when it had 70+ that you did) Fuck that.

Point is, snooze you loose. If it was a kickass deal, you have to go there and drop everything to get it. BUT that still doesnt negate the fact that the seller was in the wrong putting you out of a day/money and time. That is BS.

I found some RARE mint 49 Merc stuff here locally on craigslist. Talked to the dude, he said he could hold it and Im sure he could, but I was literally at his door the second the phone hung up. Cause if I wasnt, someone else would have been.

8. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

beeper the FNG POSTED

Sounds Like Sour Grapes-------especially From A Man Who Never Saw It-----LOT OF JEALOUSY OUT THERE-----STEP UP AND PAY THE PRICE

Man, Did you not read the fucking post? He said he was even going to pay more and offered a deposit the seller said he was a man of his word,no deposit needed!
    HE posted this in the last line ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Not crying, looking for resolution or retribution, just passing along a story, and venting a lil bit!! :)

God FNG guys........

9. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Check Beeper's info on here- he is from Campbell California, occupation, autos, Funny thing - Auto Huaus Los Gatos is in Campbell. My response to Beeper, who I am reasonably sure is one of the lurker names that they use, says it all!! :D

10. It'll likely be Dennis from the dealership....

11. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Originally Posted by houseofhotrods [​IMG]
    Check Beeper's info on here- he is from Campbell California, occupation, autos, Funny thing - Auto Huaus Los Gatos is in Campbell. My response to Beeper, who I am reasonably sure is one of the lurker names that they use, says it all!! :D

Aah Ooooo.......Got caught...!

12. 36C8

36C8

13. BIG "FLUFF AND BIRDSHIT" on that 39'! wonder which is fresher the birdshit or the por-15 on the floorbords.

14. boldventure

boldventure

Is that a mausoleum they photograph in front of?
    They've used it before.
    Kinda makes it look grand don't 'ya think?

15. Its the Campbell Community Center, its a stunning building, but like you say, they use the same place to kinda detract from the cars....

:eek:

16. LIMEY

LIMEY

Anyone still got the pics of the 39 with Cad motor that had the 2x4's on it?

Kev.

17. Wow!! 54 year old genuine heat pressed diamond tuft vinyl!! That has to be rare.