Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Siblings - Pics of last winter's project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Aug 19, 2008.

1. the-rodster

the-rodster

3c was started and finished over the winter, ridden all summer, and sold on Ebay last month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. thats a neat pair. i'd seen your avatar. and wondered about the bike

3. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I like the XS bikes...I saw it on ebay...What did it end up going for?? Very cool bike.

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

$6200, I was pleased.

Rich

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Oh no, you sold it because the Jockey Journal doesn't allow XS bikes anymore? Bummer. It's still cool though. ;) :D

6. Rusty

Rusty

No Xs on The jalopy Journal

Whats up with that. They got to be one of the coolest bikes ever

That is a great bike

7. ratster

ratster

8. so whats 3a then?

9. 39sledge

39sledge

looks to me they went togther i would not have sold the bike once it,s gone it,s gone.just my 2 cents.

10. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

I guess the XS's were to the Jockey what a sbc 350 is to a lot of HAMBsters...you could do too many awesome things with them for relatively cheap, so the Jap bikes have been axed from the Jockey, along with that was most of the GOOD bike build threads got deleted, where guys actually built their own stuff.

The Rodster...that's my favorite XS build that I've seen yet!

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very nice bike, Rodster!

...and I've always liked the XS bikes, too. To bad they were axed over at the Jockey Journal - that sucks.

Malcolm

12. punkskalar

punkskalar
    from Boone NC

Hey, I've been looking at your bike. Did you keep the stock drop-outs? Doesn't look like much stretch either, stock maybe?

Im building something very similar, using Akronts front and rear, 21 up front though. This bike looks great, perfect proportions...

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow, i don't know which one is cooler.....

14. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

yea lets see pictures of 3a!!

15. Da Biffster

Da Biffster

Well, since you have "3B" and "3C" is gone..... I'm thinking with a name lilke "3D", (the next project) it's goin to have a big title to live up to, goin to have to pull out all the stops for that one.

16. the-rodster

the-rodster

I only found out recently that the build thread was pulled from the jockey journal.

That sucks ass!

I went to the trouble of documenting every part of the build -lacing rims, DIY hard tail, fork lowering, wiring, etc.

All that info was deleted, GONE, just because it was a jap bike.

Bad decision, Ryan, just my 2 cents.

Rich

17. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

Rich, I'm pretty sure you had the most in depth, thorough build thread that was on the Jockey; I was sorry to see it gone as it was obvious there were many many hours put into posting/updating the thread, it was a completely home built bike and there were quite a few pointers on there that I've been wanting to look up again as I'm going through bobbing my XS.

I think the weird thing about your particular thread being axed is not all of the XS threads were deleted...

18. punkskalar

punkskalar
    from Boone NC

Yeah, your thread on hardtailing a bike (any bike could have fit the bill) was much better than the one they kept.

I am doing my own buildup and keeping track of it all on a non-bike website, hopefully it never gets axed. I'll Pm ya for a few more details of your bike if you don't care.

19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Surely there's room for an XS forum, instead of deleting them. :confused: You would think the ideas and fabrication are universal. Maybe another site - Jap-alopyJournal.com? :D

SWEET little XS you built there. Congrats on the good sell price too.

20. smarg

smarg

yeh very very kool bike

21. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

nice looking pair. that xs is super cool. great work.

22. McKee

McKee

Absolutely one of my favorite threads on the JJ, it sure clarified how to hardtail one of those frames (correctly!), I like how you used the original swingarm in building the hardtail. Shortly after seeing the buildup of your bike I scored an 82 XS for cheap and a Wassell Peanut tank for $15.00,...now I just have to build a bike!!!. I think it's a big mistake dropping Jap bikes from the JJ!

So after the build, what was it like to ride?,...any pointers?,...would you have done anything differently?

23. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

well, what's done is done at the JJ, unfortunately. someone did start up a forum for the jap bikes, though, www.metricunderground.com ; hopefully that will gain some steam and pick up some helpful members.

24. cooljunk

cooljunk

X2 Rich I JUST WENT LOOKING FOR IT TODAY AND LEARNED IT WAS GONE, WISH I HAD COPIED IT. Jeff

25. ...don't think I coulda sold a bike that was that cool, but I guess you can build another. I'm gonna have me a bobber one of these days.

26. jshields67

jshields67
    from House

I would like to see the build thread on the bike if anyone has it archived. I really like the style and since I am starting the build of a '73 TX would like to see how the hardtail was fabricated.