Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB "Vintage" Tool Box Club

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by daveydeuce, Dec 3, 2006.

1. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

No telling what those tools would be worth to the right collector, very cool find, although you probably did give a little much for them. ;)

2. Chad s

Chad s

The Snap On T handle, with the ridges around it like that, dates from the mid-30's into the mid 1940's. The straight (non italicized) logo was used into WWII, I have sockets and drive tools date coded into the 1945 with that logo style.

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i was searching on ebay and i was suprised at all the vintage boxes on there. people who were selling them were worried about rust and dents, hell thats what gives them character. i really need some old ones again, i bought a craftsman box rollaround about ten years ago,piece of shit. i have two large drawers stuck together again for the hundredeth time,due to one going off it's tracks. i remember when they were some of the best you could get. time to search out some oldies. the nice thing about everyone being on the snap on ,mac craze,is the older good boxes seem to have taken a hit in price. i wouldn't mind finding an older kennedy box. went looking for a box to hide my battery in in my trunk,and no one seems to even have metal boxes anymore. dam plastic crap.

4. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Birthday present for my middle daughter a few years back
    She uses it for a Jewelry box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. johnlouisjones

johnlouisjones

I finally pulled out my grandfather's 1958 Snapon ToolBox model KR-377B from storage and stocked my tools in it. I even have the original master lock that he used. It's awesome! Hope you guys enjoy the pics. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i will get pictures up as soon as i can,i just got a kennedy kit k-32 long tool box for 10 dollars, from what i can tell the logo on the tag inside matches the 1911 kennedy logo,the first year of production. the kennedy logo on the outside is also hand painted. it's staying just the way it is,rust on the bottom and all. too much character to mess with.

7. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

all right heres the pictures,the paint isn't flaking or anything it just got damp from it raining when i brought it in,it was still dusty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    edit this has to be 1914 or later, because the tag says van wert ohio, they moved there in 1914 the kennedy on the box is def hand painted like a signature.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  8. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Hey, guys,

These are bitchen boxes. They were made by the Blackhawk Tool Co., and they're getting expensive--but I have actually seen them on a certain online auction site with their original tools, basically a rack or two of sockets, a couple socket wrenches and, I believe, a speed wrench.

Bobby, you should make an even smaller tank out of your toolbox. There's gotta be a miniature-sized record out there for a miniature-sized belly tank!

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i need to take a pic of the one at work,it's actually a large 3 door cabinet, it was a set of foot lockers for airman trainees at spence field here during world war 2. i hope one day when i leave i can take it with me, i saved it from the trash.

10. 31modelo

31modelo

I got this BlackHawk for 20.00 at a garage sale down the road.

Attached Files:

11. 59imp

59imp
    from canada

holy smokes! this was my fathers first tool box, probably 60 yrs old, just had it striped in memory of his 80th birthday, he passed 11 yrs ago. means a lot to me to still have it. no markings on it whatsoever, wish i knew who made it. i'm up here in canada, so it looks as though these things got around...

mo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Hey I got one like that. Got it a few years back at a yard sale too and the same price. I gave it to my boy, he put hot wheels in it for a while, then I started missing my tools. :D this is what I looked like when I found them in his tool box. He's a cool kid. I have a few old craftsman boxes too. I can't resist a tool box in a yard sale.

13. Sunnen box from the 50's>>>>.

Attached Files:

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i called the kennedy store and mueseum up in van wert, and they are still trying to figure out what year this kennedy is. it 's perfect for my hammers and dollies though. i'll bet it weighs 20 pounds empty. talking about the one a few posts up

15. George G

George G

Mine is exactly like this one. I got it from my aunt after my uncle died. Full of his snap on tools.You can still get orignal Snap on paint rom the sales rep.

16. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i wouldn't paint it, tool boxes are supposed to be beat up and scuffed up,thats where they get their character. al the markings indicate blood sweat and tears someone put into something in the past. :D

17. dieseldave72

dieseldave72

Hey Gang
    Im New.......
    Diesel Dave's My Name, Harleys & Old Fords My Game.
    President Outcasts Car Club Portland Oregon

I need Age Info on an old Craftsman 10 drawer.
    Its Grey with chrome drawer handles, Old school hasp on lid, Oval Craftsman logo on bottom drawer. Came with red socket tray, looks original.
    If anyone had a good deal on a matching bottom box / roll-away in Oregon or Washington I might be a buyer.

Also looking for '49 Ford sedan & '85 Mustang GT Parts

503 255 8552 evenings / message

Outcasts Forever Forever Outcasts

18. Some Cool Boxes !!!

Cooter

19. mottsrods

mottsrods

Hey Kiwi Kev.........this is a rare sign painters box. A company named Park made one very similar.

20. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Rare? I know of at least one being used as a fishing tackle box... ;-)

21. Goldie

Goldie
    from Justin, TX

Any Idea on this one?

What the make is?

This is the only recognizable thing on it, its one of the drawer pulls.

Attached Files:

22. dieseldave72

dieseldave72

Goldie
    Sorry I don't recognize it. But it looks cool. The embossed emblems are a definate trademark. Try checking ebay.

Good Luck

Diesel Dave
    Outcasts Car Club
    Portland

23. TOOLHOUND!

TOOLHOUND!

Looks like the stamping on a Rem-Line top chest drawer handle of mine, have the chest buried somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  24. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Interesting stuff. Does anybody have any of the old scripted "Ford" tools? I've got a wrench or two around here someplace.

25. TL95SVT

TL95SVT

Here is mine:
    It was my grandfather's, and i believe it is from the early 70's as it has a snap on tool book showing where he made payments from 1970.

It was up north all of its life and has some rust/dents/dings. I really want to restore it, but then again, i want to keep it original since it has history. If it wasnt a family member's, it would already have been restored.

Help me out!! What do you guys think i should do? Do i leave the rust and let it get worse? Or??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  26. jimmyv

jimmyv

I have a bunch of old Ford tools

Attached Files:

27. boldventure

boldventure

Some of the "rust stop" rust/fix" stuff (from local home ctr.)I used when I re-did my Dad's boxes turns the rust into a black oxide. I painted over it on the outside. I put some on the rust inside this past spring and it still looks black, no additional rust.

28. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Not a tool "box" but I carry my emergency tool kit for my Stude in a heavy canvas zippered bag my Dad was issued during the Depression when he was in the Civilian Conversation Corps out in Washington state. It's about 18" long, 10" deep and 10" wide; OD Green with a super heavy duty zipper that has a 2 inch wide flap that folds over it and it's waterproof, Dad may have done that though. A lot of their gear was old WW I surplus so I'm guessing this was as well. Dad used it to carry his ammo, gun cleaning kit and other hunting gear through the 40's, 50's and 60's. When it surfaced in Mom's basement while we were cleaning out the house my siblings were going to pitch it in the trash. I grabbed it and said, "Like Hell!" It looks right at home in the trunk of the Stude just like it did in his '48 Merc Club Coupe, now if I had just found that...........

29. I've had the old grey Craftsman box for a long time- it was my dad's.

The top box I got a little while back at a used tool store. I grabbed it quick for a good price. It's an old S-K piece. I don't know if its considered a machinist's box or not. I've never seen another like it. It's extra cool for me 'cuz I've always picked up S-K tools when I found them.

It has an olive green wrinkle finish. The only problem is the painted initials on the top. Not very nice red paint. Does anyone make the correct paint to redo that part?

Anyone know the ages of these?

Dan

Attached Files:

30. Blwnsln

Blwnsln
    from Boston, MA

Some nice vintage stuff here