Register now to get rid of these ads!

MoKan '07 Experience by BigKen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Aug 30, 2007.

1. bigken

bigken

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=postbody vAlign=top>Well folks, it was my second year at MoKan, first year as an actual participant. What an absolute blast.
    Casey and I left Dallas about 6a.m., Friday morning. 5 1/2 hours later/340 miles, we pulled into Joplin. Squeezed out just under 22 mpg outta the 48 year old, 283. I was impressed. We had absolutely no issues on the trip, considering the truck had been on the road for about 2 days, prior to departure.
    We were just in time for lunch, and the rain. No biggie, the beer was still cold. It was great hooking up with old friends, and meeting new ones. Too many to mention, and don't want to leave any out, but it's like a family reunion, only FUN.
    Anyway, glad the rain broke for Saturday, as I was anticipating the hell outta making my first pass in the '33. And by now you've probably seen that video. Probably smoked 100 miles of that right rear in 700 feet. Damn drag rookie's. hehehehe
    Anyway, enjoy the pics, and I won't bore ya with the details.
    Had a great time, and thanks to all that busted their asses to pull it off, again. Also thanks to all the folks that came, it's a blast hangin' with HAMB folks.

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=genmed vAlign=bottom height=40></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

2. Good to meet you.burnout king!

3. bigken

bigken

Page 2

Attached Files:

4. bigken

bigken

Mo...........

Attached Files:

5. bigken

bigken

I had the privilege of wearing my dad's helmet that he used to wear, drag racing Altereds.
    Ken & Vicky, superb individuals, and a damn knockout of a Caddy.
    Flt Blk's Camino, and Denise say's Rashy's best side.
    Thanks all.

Attached Files:

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Glad everything went well for you Ken.
    You guys worked hard and deserved it!
    The truck looks better with pics of smoke coming off the rears for 100 feet!

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Thanks for the pics, First one of my 38 Chevy Coupe Ive seen on here. Made my morning. You gonna be at the SW Swap in a couple of weeks? We'll be set up there.

8. GREAT PICS, Ken!!!! I especially like the one of you with Ken and Vicki (good people, all) and that one of Danyelle is priceless.:) It was really fun gabbing with you throughout the weekend. Still think it's amazing you were able to wear your dad's helmet.:cool:

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and Thanks for the pictures.

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Its amazing the helmet fit after your head swelled up from the trip.(JK).your truck is awsome...every time you open a beer from the bed of your truck think of MOKAN....its a pleasure spending time with ya. slicks next year???or just one..lol

11. Congrats for makin' the trip with no problems,,,you made some great progress,,,hope to make my maiden voyage this weekend in my truck,,,,

HRP

12. raven

raven

Your truck was my favorite there.
    r

13. Rusty

Rusty

Ken, you did good, Glad I got to cruise back with you and Casey. Truck is great and I am so glad you had a blast. Better than riding in the back of a Mercury for sure

Rusty

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Ken, it was great to meet ya and I love the truck. Glad to hear you had such a good time!
    Thanks for posting your pics....

Malcolm

15. bigken

bigken

Tman, good meeting you, and thank the gang again for the feed. Thanks Rick, tried to duplicate that at a show last night, but it didn't last near as long. Gotta get a spool or a posi.........
    Lobucrod - send me info on the swap meet, always needin' stuff.
    Thanks Larry, can't wait till the next time we hook-up.
    Bill, actually, the helmet was tight, BEFORE I left Dallas, so it wasn't the drive.:D Yes, everytime I pop-a-top, you and MoKan will be at the forefront. Thanks again.
    HRP - best of luck on your first drive, seems so long ago already, since MoKan. It's a good feeling.
    Appreciate it, Raven. I'm kinda getting attached to it.
    Your right Rusty, the Merc was fun, but driving your own to an event, can't be equalled.
    Malcolm, told Big Otis, you guys come down to Dallas, ya always got a place to crash. Fridge is always stocked. Come visit.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ken, it was GREAT seeing you again. Your hugs are always some of the best. Your truck looked AWESOME. I'm so happy for ya. Till next time sweetie...xoxoxox

17. arkracing

arkracing

Thanks for the pictures.

It was great meeting & talking with you. The truck is even nicer in person.

If I get a chance I'll try to post some video of your runs - getting the video thing to the computer isn't working as easily as I thought:rolleyes:

-Andy

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year, all I want is a Hot Rod '33 Ford pickup.
    4 gears and a 283 would be the perfect drivetrain.

Thank you,

Malcolm

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...never did get a ride in that cool truck...you big 'ol bear...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. It was great to see you again and I think your truck is cool as can be.

I'm glad you had a trouble free road trip as well as a few passes on the asphalt orgasmatron.

We are looking forward to seeing ya somewhere down the road, prolly in the springtime, in the great state of Texas.

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Ken , as always it was great to see you again. Your truck is kick ass. Your truck made the weekend for the old man that came up and talked to us for awhile. Man he had a smile in his eyes walkin up to it. That right there should be worth all the hard work you had to do to building it. Until next time, take good care of yourself. brian

22. Anderson

Anderson

I think the tire smoke had to do with those hard tires that had 75lbs in em! Not driver error. Besides, it looked cool!!! Glad you made it there and back in one piece Ken, the truck looks great.

[​IMG]

23. bigken

bigken

Denise, ya only get back, whatcha give. Your a good teacher.
    Andy, glad ya got back with all your goodies. You had a heck of a load. Nice meeting you and 'Julie', hope that's it.
    Malcolm, have any idea how big of a Christmas tree you will need? :D
    Larry, couldn't pry you away long enough to visit, much less go cruise. You still have the 'rain-check' I gave ya, right?
    Ken & Vicky, what can I say, the Caddy fits ya both, Classy as hell.
    Brian, I wanna see the next video of that thing making a full-pull. That is going to be one hell of a ride. Excellent job with it. Oh yea, do you do those chassis in XX-L?
    Eric, thanks, that is a cool picture. Liked your version of the video, too. Too damn funny.
    Drove it to work again, today. Probably take a long lunch, gotta rotate the air in the tires.

24. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

howdy big ken,
    we've not met but i dig your truck...
    i was hoping that you could sent me the photo of cory and his daughter riley on the harley. cory is a good buddy and you got the best shot of him from mokan. i tried to enlarge from your attachment but it was too grainy. if you don't mind sending in a larger size, like 300 dpi and maybe a pdf file, i would appreciate it. i know cory and riley would love a print. cory won the motorcycle trophy...

thanks, clem johnson send to: [email protected]

25. bigken

bigken

It's in the mail - sent the bigger file.

26. chevy gasser51

chevy gasser51

Hey Ken glad to meet you, also glad that Don Moyer and I could help you with your "nuts" for your shifter. Nice truck