Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 08-23-2007, 01:01 AM   #21
JimA
BANNED

Default Re: SO-CAL Speed Shop L.A. On-Line Store OPEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSK View Post
So trendy!
Yeah it is- too bad I wasted all those years since 1970 when I was 4 reading old Rod & Custom magazines not knowing why '50 Merc wheels and bias-ply white walls looked SOOO much better to me than the wide-ovals and five slots in my dad's new magazines.
The same held as I loved the traditional cars through the ugly '70's and '80's with one of the few lights of goodness being guys like Joe Mac of Ford Parts Obsolete, Pete Eastwood, Jake Jacobs, Pete Chapouris and Gray Baskerville. But I trudged on and things like Jake's Tub would TOTALLY vindicate my feelings and I knew that despite a sea of mono-pastel smoothie ugliness that REAL hot rods would always be around. Pete Chapouris majorly helped bring it around full circle with the rebirth of the SO-CAL Speed Shop and I waited in the wings until JUST the right time to hop on the TRENDY TRAIN! Only took 37 years of waiting- but it was WELLLL worth the wait! Thanks Jim

And a big huge batch of to let you know I'm not serious- just happy that what I have always loved is now "mainstream" enough to make a business out of thanks to all the pioneers that made real hot rodding so appealing.

And Lusk, if it makes you feel better I'll trade you a new SO-CAL hat for both of your Von Dutch trucker hats and your favorite Boyd Coddington T-shirt.

Last edited by JimA; 08-23-2007 at 01:09 AM.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:16 AM   #22
SHORTDOG

Glad to see things are rolling along like they should Jim.
JOHN 3:16.....WHOSOEVER!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:28 AM   #23
panhead_pete

Hey Jim, great site. Is there still more products to go on as I cant seem to find front ends etc or am I just looking in the wrong places.
  • Glass
  • Steering wheel
For this

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=494828
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #24
OL 55
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer756 View Post
JimA,
you should have worn the hat backwards, I hear it makes you look more dangerous .Don
Nah....you should wear it with the bill all flat like a platypus duck bill. That's what all the tuff guys are doing now.....Jimmy Shine, Jesse James, and all the rappers and gangsta's n shit....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #25
JimA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead_pete View Post
Hey Jim, great site. Is there still more products to go on as I cant seem to find front ends etc or am I just looking in the wrong places.
I will be adding more stuff from outside sources like Church and ChromedRat, but all the front end stuff should be there in the "parts" section if you follow the "Hardparts" section to the "Frontend Parts" section or in the "New Traditionalist" section. If there's something specific you need and can't find please PM me. Thanks Jim
Old 08-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #26
1gearhead
Alliance Member

Congrats!!!!! Great to hear that you have the door open and are up and running. It's tough running your own business, but well worth. Will be in touch with you when in need of parts, you can bet on it. Jerry at Classic Auto service, whittier, CA.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #27
53chevy

Location: Ventura, Ca. --> Attending school In Riverside, Ca.

Do you sell Cheese graders? But really, do sell grease for my hair? Good Luck! Where are you located, LA somewhere?

Ken
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #28
JimA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53chevy View Post
Do you sell Cheese graders? But really, do sell grease for my hair? Good Luck! Where are you located, LA somewhere?

Ken
I have a model called the "Marcus 2000" if you really need one. Skratch sells some good hair stuff I will have to get a case of- and the store is in Wilmington, CA- 517 N. Figueroa (off the 110 Fwy at the Anaheim offramp).
Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #29
SinisterCustom
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL 55 View Post
Nah....you should wear it with the bill all flat like a platypus duck bill. That's what all the tuff guys are doing now.....Jimmy Shine, Jesse James, and all the rappers and gangsta's n shit....

SNOWBOARDERS have been wearing their hats this way WAY before these guys....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #30
stoggie

Jim a lot of people crack on you but at least you have the balls to take on a venture like this. It take a ton of work to proper. I look forward to stopping by on my next trip to the So-Cal area.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #31
JimA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoggie View Post
Jim a lot of people crack on you but at least you have the balls to take on a venture like this. It take a ton of work to proper. I look forward to stopping by on my next trip to the So-Cal area.
Yeah, thanks! And just to remind people- when I first logged on to the HAMB in 2000 I was out of work without a dime to my name not knowing at all what the future would bring. I've done everything on my own with just my good looks (JOKING!) and knowledge of hot rods getting me through each new door. It's totally attainable if you just try- I know, I've been there.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #32
LaGrasta

The new store is pretty exciting, congratulations.

ACES SoCal VP
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #33
29 sedanman

Jim, Looks like things are going well.

When you get caught up dont forget to get me that pricing for the stuff we spoke about. If you have lost the list in the shuffle, no biggie, just PM me and I will give it to you again.

Thanks

Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #34
FredK
Member Emeritus

Flatheads! You got to have some in the lobby and a weekly "bench" racing session to spread the gospel of hot rodding.
My 2cents.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #35
beetlebailey

nice site set up, might i suggest front views for the mechanic's jackets. i never buy clothing online unless i see front and back.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #36
Steve

hey Jim I thought you were in redondo but your site now says wilmington. did you move the place? Keep me posted on the grand opening party.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #37
JimA
BANNED

I had a temporary 900ft. Storage unit in Redondo- my new store is 5000 sq. ft. in Wilmington.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #38
JimA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlebailey View Post
nice site set up, might i suggest front views for the mechanic's jackets. I never buy clothing online unless I see front and back.
OK- they are all Dickies Jackets with smaller patches on the front. It nearly killed my web guy to get what's up there up- but we'll keep trying! Thanks, Jim
Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #39
ric
Alliance Member

Hey Jim, congrats on getting this thing off the ground. I know how much work it takes to "be your own boss', but lots of rewards as well. I got the roadster seat a while back, thanks for that. Putting together my next shopping list as the roadster project slowly inches towards completion.
Did David R. ever get a hold of you ?

Ric
Old 08-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #40
ChrisMejia
Grenade Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimA View Post
Yeah it is- too bad I wasted all those years since 1970 when I was 4 reading old Rod & Custom magazines not knowing why '50 Merc wheels and bias-ply white walls looked SOOO much better to me than the wide-ovals and five slots in my dad's new magazines.
The same held as I loved the traditional cars through the ugly '70's and '80's with one of the few lights of goodness being guys like Joe Mac of Ford Parts Obsolete, Pete Eastwood, Jake Jacobs, Pete Chapouris and Gray Baskerville. But I trudged on and things like Jake's Tub would TOTALLY vindicate my feelings and I knew that despite a sea of mono-pastel smoothie ugliness that REAL hot rods would always be around. Pete Chapouris majorly helped bring it around full circle with the rebirth of the SO-CAL Speed Shop and I waited in the wings until JUST the right time to hop on the TRENDY TRAIN! Only took 37 years of waiting- but it was WELLLL worth the wait! Thanks Jim

And a big huge batch of to let you know I'm not serious- just happy that what I have always loved is now "mainstream" enough to make a business out of thanks to all the pioneers that made real hot rodding so appealing.

And Lusk, if it makes you feel better I'll trade you a new SO-CAL hat for both of your Von Dutch trucker hats and your favorite Boyd Coddington T-shirt.
Wow... That was great Jim! BTW... You're hooked up now on the main site. Keep me posted on any of your upcoming events so that I can spread the word via SCSSHQ's. Congrats on the site!