Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

man, this thread has been goin forever, but i never bothered to post my GF's car here yet, so here it is:

[​IMG]

on airbags in front, sitting at ride height in pic, super tall rear tires for mileage, hence the excessive rake...running a 250/t5/8" drivetrain. induction is Offy 3x1 with holley glass bowl carbs, split exhaust with straight pipes. otherwise engine is stone stock and TIRED...getting yanked soon for a pretty hot build topped by FSPP's new aluminum head for the ford six's. should make it go! this is a pic from last year after i slapped on a quickie coat of rustoleum before a local show, top is silver flake. it's blown into a million pieces right now as i try to find time to finish the bodywork and get a coat of real paint on it.

3. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

This one was fun. 427 c-6. 128 @ 1060 et back in 1990

[​IMG]
    Ron:D

exterminator likes this.
  4. eric

eric

updated pictures of my Ranchero, it's no longer "orange"...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

My buddy's ride a few years ago.

Attached Files:

6. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Ranchero I saw at Pomona. No it hadn't broken down,they were checking out the Cool Chrome 200 Six.
    [​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  7. eric

eric

damn GASIT that ranchero was awesome!!! i tried to get pics of it but it was smooshed in between a bunch of stuff in the swap areas. and by the time i went back it was gone. thanks for the pic dude. any other shots??? engine pics maybe???

8. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

9. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

10. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

11. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

12. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

13. Here's mine! I just bought it from a teacher I work with.
    351 C 4v, 4sp, 9"rear narrowed Econoline axle... painted by 6th graders!
    It'll get painted primer gray for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. luvzccr

luvzccr

wow all these falcons, rancheros, and wagons.. damn, makes me wanna go work on mine now :D to bad i gotta wait till the transmission is back from the shop :[

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

My dad a cherry 63 sprint convert if it wasnt so highly optiuoned I'd be on him to do it up. Unfortunatly I dont have any pics of it. It is in one of the books on falcons though. Grandpa and my uncle there all some sort of falcon nuts. Some how I missed the sickness and got a Buick fixation.

16. 2tall

2tall

We gottem over here too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

1963 1/2, almost done,

Dave

Attached Files:

18. Yowza! It's frickin' sectioned!

19. haring

haring

Is it?

It is chopped, but it doesn't look sectioned to me.
    (I think the front wheelarches are lifted. I could be wrong.)

Sam -- what is the status on your car? I REALLY liked the under the sea murals.

20. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

21. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

It's such a perfect low-mileage granny car (with a peppy 289 under the hood) that I'm not gonna do a thing to it, except swap out the wheels for some vintage American mags.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    Thor1 likes this.
  22. Richard

Richard
    from Rocklin,CA

Here's mine not done but I'm workin it out. The convertible is my sisters.

Attached Files:

23. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed

The front wheel wells are definitely higher than original which gives the Ranchero a sectioned look. An earlier post on this thread of a 1960 two-door wagon reflects a similar look with the raised front wheel wells. The side glass is one piece without the vent windows but the sail panels and rear window are not '60-63 Ranchero and actually look similar to '64-65 El Camino. The shaved doors, trimmed rain gutters and removed bed chrome make this one smooth truck front to rear.

There are certainly a lot of subtle custom touches to this Ranchero which make it extraordinary to say the least. Any idea what's under the hood?

24. eric

eric

Retro Speed i've been looking for pictures of that ranchero from japan for ages dude and no dice!!! anyone have any????

25. Oh man, you should consider leaving the paint job, and maybe just put some Cragar SS's on.

26. ChrisDP

ChrisDP

Here's a few recent pics of mine...

Attached Files:

27. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

I love the econoline headlight buckets!! i wondered about them before for my wagon i love the look

keith

28. Richard, you nailed it with the front headlight treatment! Damn, that looks killer and retro. Very nice. I don't have the heart to immitate it but damn I wish I'd thought of it first. Keep us in tune with this build.

The JapRanchero fooled me. The raised arches combined with the wide angle front grill shot gave it the appearance it was sectioned, but second look, maybe not the case. At any rate, very nice take on a kustom Ranchero.

29. eric

eric

RICHARD you totally stole my idea!!:p i tossed around the idea of using the econoline headlight buckets myself when my duddy used to have his '67 econo. i placed them on the front to get a rough idea but never got around to trying to make it work. you pulled it off nicely dude!!

30. eric

eric

and RETROSPEED the rear sail panels are leaned forward similar to the rancheros in austrailia. it looks like he may have started with an austrailian version and did ALOT of work to that back window/pillar, he thinned it out and got more of a nomad b pillar going on now. instant cool! oh and that japanese ranchero was at one time painted red.