Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 04-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
34RUSTROD
Grenade Inspector

Default Anyone own a dual range 230 amp Sears stick welder?

I was wondering if anyone has had one of these arc welders lying around, seems to be older , I picked it up out of the free pile at work, couldn't pass it up for the price...needs a plug and a replacement wand....tell me any goods or bads, should I sell sell it a swap meet to go towards the wire feed I am told I need or or use it on my truck frame, I am sure old schoolers used this type of setup all the time in the day...let me know...joe
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
2manybillz

Default Re: Anyone own a dual range 230 amp Sears stick welder?

I've got a similar one, 180 amp model, been using it since the middle '60s. Bought a new cable connector for it from Sears last year, looks like they still service most of the parts.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
recardo

Is it about 2 foot square? I might have just picked one up myself. The stickers have mostly fallen off, and I haven't opened it yet, but I plan on doing a restore paint job and make some new decals for it. Maybe call it the "Western Auto 220" or something...
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-10-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
34RUSTROD
Grenade Inspector

its more like 2.5 by 1.5 rectangle...found a wand at work also...just doesn't fit in the holes...gonna have to go to Sears and get a new one,...it must work decent if you have kept it in use since the 60's...cool...joe