Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Weekends Adventure with the Rumblers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 6, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Last week, with temps expected to be in the single digit realm in Detroit for the weekend AND the promise of meeting my HAMB pals the Rumblers, I just felt the need to head south….. so I did.

I left Detroit very early on Friday morning and flew into Orlando where my folks picked me up at the airport. They winter down there and this year they drove their ’48 Ford Coupe down so that’s what they picked me up from the airport in. We headed over to our friends place in Celebration to say “hi” and have lunch. I didn’t have ANY photos of Mom and Dad's Ford so I took a couple in Chuck and Bridgette’s driveway. No use baggin on Dad’s ride, I do enough of it for all of us.

[​IMG]

Once back at the folks villa we did the usual Florida vacation stuff. Despite the weather we headed straight for the hot tub. Felt good and I got the chance to meet some of the folks old cronnie friends that I’ve been hearing about for years. Afterwards took a nap, then headed to dinner with a few other friends of my folks then called it a nite.

The next morning dad and I headed to Daytona for the Rumbler’s annual show. Ended up being a 1 ½ ride from their place. Kinda rainy on and off the whole way. Dad knew how much I wanted to attend and was a real trooper.

[​IMG]

About an hour into the trip we came upon a ’60 wagon and I knew right away exactly who it was.
    [​IMG]

Antibilly, Mike and his lovely wife
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once at the show Dad found a spot and parked. I no sooner stepped out of the car when I spotted and yelled “NADS!” It was like a movie, we both walked toward each other, and I don’t know about Nads but I couldn’t reach him fast enough. My dear, dear pal Nads....my brother from another mother. In case someone here doesn’t realize, Nads and I had never met in person before so this was kinda special for me. We’ve spent years communicating via the HAMB but our paths had never crossed. Nads, Saturday was s special day for me. Thanks for being you bud! xoxoxo

About this same time DJ walked up, who I had met at the very first HAMB Drags, and the three of us just kept huggin, kissin, and squeezing each other. Great seeing you again sweetie! My Dad was just rolling his eyes, I don’t think he really understands the HAMB bond. Can you really explain it to someone who deosn’t experience it for themselves?

[​IMG]

Dad and I then headed into the Harley Dealership to drain the tanks. Back outside we started to check out the cars and the first one we came to was the Hudson belonging to Ramblur. It just so happened he recognized my Dad cuz a couple of years ago he came to the house to look at Dad’s ’40 ford that he had for sale. I was the first time Del and I met though. We all stood around and chatted while it was kinda sprinkling.

Me and Ramblur
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wasn’t long before my good pal Lee from the RRT stopped to say hi.

Me, Lee and his son
    [​IMG]

He’s got a bitchen little roadster that him and his son drove up from southern Florida.

[​IMG]

A few minutes later Glenn, AHotRod shows up and once again I couldn’t get enough hugs from him. It was wonderful to see you again bud.

[​IMG]

Shortly thereafter JabSled and Mike47 walk up and introduce themselves.
    [​IMG]

It was like old pals even though we just met. Lots of laughs. It was WONDERFUL to meet you two and I look forward to seeing you both and meeting more of the NJ Rumblers at the Jalopy Showdown in May.
    [​IMG]

At this point Dad’s cold and wants a sweatshirt so him and I head back into the Harley store and I purchase a new hoodie and Dad puts it on. This was a couple of firsts for him. He’d never had a Harley logo’d anything on nor had he ever had a hoodie on. As we’re walking out I say “Dad, do you think we’ll make it past the first car this time?”:D

Ran into Greyone, who welcomed us and thanked us for coming. I thought it was Nads twin brother at first.
    [​IMG]

Made it to the registration tent. Met a few of the Rumbler gals and again ran into DJ. Thanks much for the Rumblers swag bud. Too bad I’ll be representing the NY chapter now.
    [​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Started walking around and taking photos of cars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and shortly thereafter ran into TikiRanch and his lovely wife. It was great to see you both again. Have fun in Hawaii, we’ll catch up again soon.
    [​IMG]

Nads bitchen ride. LOVE it bud! I want a ride next time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one brought back some fond memories
    [​IMG]

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This little thing was AWESOME and probley my favorite there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty cool just alittle too “flat” for my taste right smack in the center front of the top. Nice guy, but I didn’t catch his name.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a treat when I spotted this. I couldn’t believe it was sitting there in the rain. Hard core for sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

By now it’s about noon so Dad and I head over to were the Draglink CC is hanging out. Lots of folks milling around. Mike has alittle fun with Nads.

[​IMG]

MetalMike13 from OH and Antibilly. It was WONDERFUL to meet you both. Thanks so much for the Draglinks support swag....I'll wear the t-shirt with pride bud!
    [​IMG]

These two could pass for GMB’s.
    [​IMG]

Me, Busted Knuckles and his beautiful children Daisy and Marlin. It was wonderful to meet you and your family.
    [​IMG]

Me, TommyChop, and AHotRod
    [​IMG]

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OOMACK, it was nice to finally meet you. Your striping on Nads bike was awesome.
    [​IMG]

GreggPellicer and his new little friend. Your roadster is awesome. Hopefully next time we can go for a ride. Have fun with your new single statis bud!
    [​IMG]

and his roadster
    [​IMG]

Almost forgot to take the group shot. Gathered up the few that were still around at around 12:30
    [​IMG]

Antibilly’s wagon with a few DLCC guys hanging out
    [​IMG]

A few folks hanging out and checking out Nads bike, and Anthony’s striping
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TheKidd49, great ride bud, I was very impressed. Very nice meeting you and hanging out.
    [​IMG]

Very cool setup, love the color you choose for the motor

[​IMG]

OldCarFart, it was wonderful to finally meet you in person and to have the opportunity to chat. Dad and I stopped back at your swap space after lunch to say goodbye but I couldn’t find you. Looking forward to our paths crossing in the near future.
    [​IMG]

Glenn, AHotRod’s cool ride which hopefully I do get a ride in SOON.
    [​IMG]

Dad and I then headed over to a very delicious BBQ place that was right on the property. Had a yummy sandwich and warmed up abit
    [​IMG]

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Checked out a few more rides
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hand made trophies
    [​IMG]

Ran into a few more Rumblers, BIG Del, Sweats aka Eric and Swiss Mike...they sure grow'um cute down in Florida.
    [​IMG]

Then started saying my goodbyes. Hugged and kissed Nads somemore, thanked him for a WONDERFUL time and we headed back.

It was GREAT meeting everyone. Thanks for being so kind and friendly. You guys made a gal feel very welcome. Despite the weather the show was awesome, all your hard work paid off. I’ll be back.

Once back at the villa, we headed for the hot tub to warm up, then another naps and dinner at a fabulous seafood resturant where I had probley the best shrimp ever. Next morning headed to a brunch with a bunch of the folks friends, hot tubed it again and then went for a walk with Mom to check out these Eagles that are nesting nearby. Late afternoon they took me back to the airport. All and all an almost perfect weekend…..could’ve used alittle sunshine BUT at least the temps weren’t in the single digits.

6. Rolf

Rolf

One helluva report, thanks for taking the time...

7. A fantastic report, Denise! How DO you do it? :)

That Nads and OOMACK are dreamy (sigh).....:D

Joel

8. Outstanding job, Denise. There was most definitely sunshine on that day and it was YOU!

Wow, Aztec and Anthony White, I can't believe it.

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Your event coverage is always the best.

Cant wait to see you in a month.

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

"Hugged and kissed Nads somemore,"

Hmmmmmmm............

Looks like you had a great time! Wonderful pictures, nice story......See you at Autorama.

11. nice pics...im so friggin jealous, its 13 degress and now its snowing,id give my right arm to hop in my truck and cruse to some where warm,preferably with a beach and some waves...thanks for tacking away my misery for a short bit

12. Denise, can't believe I missed gettin' one of your "Hugs for Hot-Rodders" Seems like there is so many people to talk to and cars to check out (steal ideas) , that time slips away.
    Thanks for the usual high quality photo-journalism. I took the liberty of pinching some of your pics to add to my Photobucket album.

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e275/jakespeed63/Rumblers Show 2-13-07/

Next year, I'm bringing a puppy to keep me warm and attract the attention of Hot-Rod Betty's.

BTW...forecast for next week is sunny and 70's!! :)

13. KoppaK

KoppaK

Damn!! looks like a good time and I missed it :( Is it me or does Nads look like Papa Smurf.

14. ratt7

ratt7

Great pics, alot of nice cars.

15. Antibilly

Antibilly

Great pics and great meeting you and your father! You should tour the world doing HAMB reports.

16. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Nice posts Thanks a million!

Still shooting for that proverbial 800th post!

17. BinderRod

BinderRod

WOW!!! I feel like I know everyone now. Great Job!

18. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Great post. I can't believe I missed the HAMB meeting. Thanks for sharing.

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Nice job kiddo...first time I've seen Nads....that boys' uglier than I am...:rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Tony Daytona

Tony Daytona

Great post, you really captured the event well. I missed the dang meet n greet too, stuck @ the house waiting for the rain to stop. Next time!

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the pictorial. It seems like I met so many folks that day YET there were tons there that I know I missed.

22. Plowboy

Plowboy

I'm jealous. I want to hug and kiss Nads too.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I haven't washed my lips yet.....perhaps we could work out a kiss relay.;)

24. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Thanks for the awesome report, sister, you are a ruler and a true friend.
    I wish we all lived together in a big giant hippie/hot rodder commune, but we would probably get on each other's nerves real fast.
    I'll see you at The Round-Up.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Ms. D., thanx for the cool report, and I wouldn't rag on pops coupe, it looks like a really fine build. Really a cool bunch of pics. Hope to see ya at the roundup-Yer Pal-Sololobo

27. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

nice pics, nice meeting you! thanks again to the Draglinks C.C. for the hospitality, and to the Rumblers for putting on a great show!! its a nice toasty 0 degrees up here in toledo, so enjoy!

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the report, looks like you had a great time. And cold there is nowhere near the cold it was here. Isn't the life of a Florida retiree great? Meet for breakfast, nap, meet for lunch, nap, then hit up the early bird specials for dinner. What a life!

29. I ain't EVEN gonna touch that one......:eek::eek:

Super pics Denise! (the one's I've seen so far---dial-up, ya know:p)

30. Thanks Denise. You seem to be the de facto roving reporter for the HAMB. Great pics or good looking cars. Some of us guys though, not so good lookin'...