Register now to get rid of these ads!

I HAVE A DREAM. (pics in technicolor)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, May 31, 2006.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I have been around hot rods my entire life (35 years if you are counting). It is a passion that sometimes much to my wife’s dismay, consumes me. I was never the best at welding, fabricating or even mechanics. But I could draw and had an eye for design, so cars stayed a passion and I pursued my career in design. Thanks to friendships formed in the Chrome Czars and through the HAMB, I have been fortunate to begin to combine these two obsessions in my life.

I am becoming a member of the Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle family in Addison, IL.

Without getting into my entire life story, when I started my life over 7 years ago, I began a journey that I really believe led me to this point in my life. I have a great wife, great friends, some bitchin cars (at least I think so), a band that I am really proud of, and now part owner of a real honest to goodness hot rod shop. I don’t know if I could dream myself up anything better.

I will be utilizing skills learned in my 13 years as a graphic designer and art director (at the same company) as well as my experience working with clients within that industry, to help make Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle even better. Kevin Tully (HotRodChassis here on the HAMB) and I have lots of big ideas to make HRCC v2.0 a great company to work for and an even better company for our clients and customers. We will be better, faster, stronger...

There are lots of changes coming, the first of which is the move to our NEW location at 59 Factory Road in early summer, STILL in Addison, and STILL right off of Addison Road (now SOUTH of Lake Street). The Thursday night hangout/cruise/bench racing sessions willl still be in effect and encouraged. There will be an even better store if you need to order parts. We will be upgrading the website for online ordering as well.

This is very exciting for Kevin and I. The past couple years, the shop has had it’s ups and downs and suffered some growing pains. I firmly believe in Kevin, and what we plan to do with HRCC and I look forward to the challenge. Look for some really exciting projects to hit the road this summer and upcoming fall.

We are going nowhere but up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com

Essex photo by Josh Kurpius

2. Rolf

Rolf

That is great news, grats to your new gig, you will do well.

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Congrats!
    Man I really dig the Woodlights on that bottom pic. Looks pure EVIL!:mad:

Josh

4. Rusty

Rusty

Cool! Good luck!!!

5. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

I have had the pleasure of dealing with Kevin, and this company is first class. I will do business with them in the future!

6. Great logo! Let us know when stickers are available.

7. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

congrats man, you are living my dream...hopefully in time i will be doing the same.

8. Way to go Chad.
    I had the pleasure to meet Kevin at the Jalopy Showdown, looks like you're in good company.
    Good Luck.
    TZ

9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Fantastic Chad! You are living OUR dream....................I'll drop by the shop next time I'm in the Chi-town area. Very cool (and, yes, you do have some bitchin' cars!)

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...sooo...who's gonna play the hardass like Papa Tuettle on OCC, when you get your own TV show?...:rolleyes: I usta dream in Technicolor too...good on youse guys.:cool:

11. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

live every day as if it was you last........

12. the-rodster

the-rodster

Best of luck.

Rich

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One big comment and two questions...

First the comment... and most importantly BIG props on taking that HUGE step! Wish the best of luck to you and keep us posted! I would also like to drop in next time I'm in Chicago! Right now, I'm still hoping to end up in your town in the next couple years!

Now the couple quick questions.... Where exactly is your shop going to be off Addison? How close will you be to Addison and Ravenswood area? I'm familiar with that area. Second, what are the front wheels on that car? That car is bitchin'! I want to see it when I come out next!!

Cheers to you!

14. Django!!! Congrats to you!!!

Love the logo. I wish you, Kevin, and the crew at HRC&C the best. If what I've seen of their work and yours is any indication, the future looks very rosy indeed. Keep up the good work.

I prefer to dream in Kodachrome...

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congrats bud! This is great news. I wish you and Kevin the best of luck in your adventures together.:cool:

16. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Cheers...........

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

congrats! and good luck. may your voyage have fair winds and following seas.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think you're confusing Addison (the street in Chicago) with Addison Rd in Addison, IL (the suburb). The shop is in Addison, IL. Ravenswood is a neighborhood in Chicago, and Ravenswood Ave crosses Addison St. about 1-2 miles from the Lake.

19. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Congratulations, sounds like a great opprotunity.

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DOH! Yep!! I am! Well, I still want to stop in... :eek:

21. Knowing and seeing the talent you have here on the HAMB, I know your on the right life path to success!!! Best of luck!! :)

22. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

That's great Chad. Ya gotta live your dream:) I happy for ya.
    Rich

23. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Congratulations Django, sounds like you've got a great gig there. I'm sure I'll be hittin' you guys up for some parts when I get started on my coupe.

Bill

24. Burny

Burny

Good luck. Great gig! I dig the logo to...

25. Zumo

Zumo

Nice. Good luck bro.

26. Congrats, Chad & Kevin!

You guys rock, wishing you every success.

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That's exciting Dude! Good Luck to you, even if you ARE a big hair band fan!!

28. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You'll do well!

29. Congratulations. I like that car in the bottom pic. It looks like it could be Tony Stark's "Ironmanmobile" - that is if Shellhead were doin his thing in the late 20's/30's/40's.

30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

:cool: Thanks everybody for the encouragement!