Register now to get rid of these ads!

235 Fenton Dual Exhaust and Fenton Dual Intake (pic)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colonel Ingus, May 30, 2006.

1. I decided to go with the fenton dual intake instead of an offy and it slapped together perfectly in my 53 bel air. Just posting this since fentons always mean clearance issues with intake manifolds, except with a fenton intake. I got mine from Patrick's for $180 but I preordered mine 2 weeks before they had them in, I don't know what they're selling for now.

Here's a pic of my motor with a fenton/fenton setup.

and yes I high temped my fentons blue so they stand out more in the engine compartment.

Attached Files:

2. klazurfer

klazurfer

Looks COOL !! :) I hope/wish "TRJ" will have a "history-Lesson" on Fenton-stuff ... like SOON , Because FENTON sure made high-quality stuff !!!
    ( Guess the "clearance issues" was part of a buisiness idea ... Buy both intake & Headers , and your home free ... )
    Could you ad a pick your BelAir ? ...
    Klaz

3. the blue one on my profile pic is it and that's as recent as I'm willing to post right now. Tomorrow or the day after I'll be posting several photos, from when it was a stock 1953 Bel Air Red/White, all the way to shaved and slammed lead sled.

4. klazurfer

klazurfer

Fine by me ... :)

5. Hey great pic. Nice to see some inline guys on here. This is the 261 in my 48 Pontiac. Same set up.

[​IMG]

6. brewsir

brewsir

the copper tubing that goes to the intake just goes to blocked off fittings right? I know its to preheat the intake charge,but the exhaust doesn't go into the intake does it?

7. Ya know brewsir if you don't block it off you get a vacuum leak so it's connected but it must be very very barely. Looks like Harvey isn't running the tubing and to be honest I've never noticed a difference, not even in 20 below weather. It always fires up and runs no problem. I only put tubing on it because it looks good and I had to at least cap it off anyway so it took the same amount of effort to do the tubing.

Very nice motor Harvey. You keep it very clean. I wish I could keep mine that clean but everytime I set out to clean under the hood, I get sidetracked with something mechanical I'd rather mess with.

Awesome intake, I like your style Harvey!

I have Rochesters also but I'm gonna go with dual carter yf's.

8. Oh I like your throttle linkage, I'm going to make my own similar to that here soon, I hate that linkage that connects to the block.

9. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Thats pretty similar to what I am trying to do also, can you tell me which carbs you are running?

I have a 261cid from a 1958 Chevy (according to the numbers on the block) and have bought a Offenhauser dual intake and a pair of Fenton headers.

Mikael

10. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

That looks pretty cool to! :D HAvent seen blue headers before though, but I think I like it!

11. ragtop35

ragtop35

My 235 in my '53 Bel Air. Edlebrock manifold and Fenton Exhaust running into smitty glass packs. Vintage McGurk Valve Cover. There was a clearance problem and some adjustment was required to make it all fit.

12. ragtop35

ragtop35

Lets see if the picture comes through this time.

Attached Files:

13. That's awesome. and it looked like Harvey is running Roch B's and I'm running Roch BC's, but about to go Carter YF.

I love it, this thread has turned into inline photo heaven!

God I love these 235/261's.. I'd give my left nut for a 261 but I think a long time ago I once said "I'd give my left nut for a 53 bel air" and well, luckily no one's come to collect yet.

14. Sorry for the double post but I just noticed and drooled over the McGurk cover, man I have been looking for one of those for a long time.

15. jacksonfive

jacksonfive
    from Dallas

more photos of a 235 if anyone is interested. Just got the fentons and offy 3X1 installed last weekend. Anyone know if premade exhaust pipes are available for the fentons i've got or if i need to trailer it down to an exhaust shop. Also looking for suggestions on timing so if any one knows what the best timing for my set up is please respond...running stock point distributor but hope to upgrade to pretronix at some point soon.
    Sorry for stealing the thread but at least pictures apply here.
    jacksonfive

Attached Files:

16. brewsir

brewsir

17. Ya know I thought of that brewsir and actually disconnected and capped off the tubing, still had the same delayed throttle response. It turns out it was my carbs, I swapped to carter yf and now I have a quick throttle response, just a problem of running a bit too rich now.

18. No stealing going on here, I'm happy as hell to see 235/261 photos, keep em comin! Your motor is awesome. I was told by Patrick that 3x1 was too much for a street car, was he wrong? I bet he was wrong damnit because I really wanted 3 carbs. I WANT 6 but I'll settle for 3.

You mentioned you're still running points, but plan on upgrading soon. Well I'm running an MSD 6AL ignition box and MSD 8515 distributor. The 8515 has awesome vacuum advance but is for a 250 motor. It's too short to reach down and turn the oil pump of a 235/261 but the gears are juuuust a hair smaller than the shaft so you can grip onto it with a lathe and turn out that sleeve up to where I have a marked line. Then it sinks right down in there.

I run my plugs at 100 and I have a solid frying white spark arc across the electrode. If peanutbutter went into my cylinders I could burn it out let alone gas. Before I rebuilt the motor I was burning oil, bad, real bad. Turns out I had a hole in Cyl 6's piston and none of the rings had segments longer an inch, all in peices. My spark was hot enough to never foul out cyl 6's plugs, always keep it crisp and clean. I also upgraded the alternator to a 100amp and I had to upgrade my battery as well to supply enough juice to the ignition and still keep a charged battery, and still have enough juice to start the engine.

But with points, while setting the timing I used to get bit all the time, and I'd just laugh, "huhuhuh, that was dumb huhuh" and move on. It's about three or four times the voltage now, so I wear my welding gloves when setting the timing. Call me silly, because I know I am, but I know it's going to rate up there with a few stun guns at the same time or a mule kick to the teeth.

Now that the motor is fresh I don't need all that ignition power but it's awesome to have it because now it's using every bit of fuel that goes through my motor. I know a lot of guys run 6AL's but EVERYONE should, if they were cheaper I'd put one on my lawnmower, maybe even my microwave, or toaster.. yeah MSD zap fried toast baby!

Oh and for your fentons, drive it open fentons to the exhaust shop. I was worried about the same thing but believe it or not it doesnm't effect anything, doesn't burn anything. I drove mine open for awhile before getting pipes.

Attached Files: