Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show us your "traditional" TEARDROP CAMPER...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Jan 12, 2004.

1. I bought an identical Tourette in Colorado in 1987 for a hundred bucks. A pair of tires and a bearing pack was all it needed for the 650-mile trip home. We fixed it up a bit and went camping in it three times. I traded it on a hot rod project after a year. That little episode nearly cost my marriage! I'd never seen my wife so pissed at me! She came unglued when she saw what I had traded for; and to be honest, that was one of my worst car-related trades.

I've got a slighly smaller 1946 trailer I'm restoring now. She digs that!

2. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Holy crap this is awesome! Future project right here.....
    <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend> [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </fieldset>

3. Most important thing if you're building or restoring a tear drop trailer is having a door on both sides. Hell crawling over someone else ( midnight bathroom run ) if there is only one door.

4. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Photo-0056A.jpg Crappy cell phone pic, but the two on back appear to be new....

5. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Seems to be a few Touretts on here. Ours is a 1947.
    [​IMG]

6. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

1945-kit-teardrop-288.jpg Got no more love the teardrops huh???

7. Bob,there is a place in Sandy Springs that has one of the bigger style on their lot,,it appears to be brand new. HRP

8. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Kool beans! Haven't been over that way since we've got outside drivers goin to the painters for us. :( Now I've got a reason to do some much needed loaferin.:)

9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

That's what I'm talkin 'bout! Been diggin ur stuff for a while. I'm hopein to build one if I ever get the "do" list whittled down and the '55 done.

10. Bob,,, Are you making any progress on the '55? HRP

11. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nope. Got to much other stuff eatting my fun tickets. Family/home first kinda stuff. Lurkin here and makein plans tho. Kinda wondering what happened to Dans post tho?

12. these KIT trailers rock!

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Here's an idea... find an el-cheapo old hot rodded pickup, strip the body and build / put your teardrop trailer on the chassis! They'd be like racing jelly beans that sleep two!. Gary

14. jdubbya

jdubbya

Here is a shot of my buddies camper he just finished. He built and modified it from some original 1940's plans. It turned out fantastic, and he has camped in it too.

Attached Files:

15. oldsman41

oldsman41

cant download a pic of mine but I built it for under 1500 bucks. not that hard to build.can use a harbor freight frame or tractor supply, and a builders sheet from one of the teardrop networks. tearjerkers, tin can tourists,and a few more I cant think of right now.

16. Model T1

Model T1

I've never seen a teardrop with a tent at the rear. I like that.
    I remember in the late 70's when my younger brother moved to Phoenix then back. He had a pink 57 Caddy convertible with steerhorn on hood and an original teardrop trailer. Won it from a cowboy!

17. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Had this many years ago. It was a 1948 with manufacturers tag on the frame. Bought it for 100, sold it for 200. Last time I saw it, it was yellow behind a rod in Florida.

Attached Files:

• tr1.jpg
      tr1.jpg
      File size:
      245.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Larry T

Larry T

If you want more info on the teardrop/popup you might google Kampmaster or Wild Goose teardrop. Lots of info out there including blueprints for a home build.

19. Here is a link to the NEW ones. I think they are built in Germany. I've seen a few go past our place as they tour Scotland. They look OK, but, hardly traditional.
    http://www.springbankleisure.com/
    Charlie.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  20. DKroadsters

DKroadsters