Register now to get rid of these ads!

about Ford first V8 engine

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by grandpa linderoth, Apr 15, 2013.

1. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

I am the granddaughter of "charles" Carl Linderoth, I'd like to send some relevant images. He is listed in 1940 census at 106 I st. San Bernardino.

Attached Files:

2. I appreciate you messaging me with the link to this thread. I find the history to all this quiet intriguing. I am going to search for the other thread, containing the other info, here. Welcome to the HAMB, and thank you for taking the time to share. Jay F

3. Smokey2

Smokey2

That apparatus (machine ?) being
    unloaded from the flatbed truck,
    Is that what squashes pennies ??

4. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

"are ya talkin to me?" I'm sorry, I'm so commpletely lost on Jalopy, I'm new, I'm not young, (grandpa was born 1865, do the math). The machine on the truck, I think, is grandpas invention, a frost cap maker for baby crops, it makes caps on site and plops them down over crops while rolling across fields.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  5. I was wondering what that was. Extensive, that's for sure

6. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

HELLO? HELLO? so I'll upload some pics, even tho I have no idea where I am.
    PIC in front of Grandpa Linderoths house. I dont know what year pic is taken, maybe 1923 or so? That is Grandma, little girl is my mother, born 1915. Note car barely visible in driveway.
    Pic, my father leaning on car, anybody know what that car is?

Attached Files:

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

This is special stuff. I've heard of this engine before, but it's neat to have a first-hand connection to the creator.

The folks over on MTFCA and Fordbarn would certainly appreciate this post as well.

8. What on earth does this Ancestory.com stuff ...baby crops...have to do with an introduction on the HAMB, can you repost in the main fourm ?

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

34 Ford, Three window coupe.

Rich

10. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

Scroat, I posted a pic of the Linderoth machine shop where the first Ford V8 was built. It showed a large machine, which was a crop capper. Someone asked what it was.
    Rodster, thanks
    In general, I'm amateur everything, I just want to memorialize my grandfather Carl Linderoth and his work on the first Ford V8.

11. I kinda look at it as, a part of the history of automobiles. A look into in the individuals that were creating, what would become an important part our past.

12. SimonSez

SimonSez

Scroat is not saying it shouldn't be posted, just that it should be on the main board and not buried in an introduction thread.

13. What a fascinating story! Welcome by the way and yes please post any further pics or info on the main board. If this isn't a hot rod story nothing is.

14. YES it is a great story but give us a thread on the history allowing others to join in, the photos are always a bonus. I should have worded my first post a little different, look back now and I think I missed the mark and came off as one of those 'asshats' you hear about.

15. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

That is pretty cool to know, good for you to honor your grandad. There are not many places he would be better appreciated, but I agree, folks at the fordbarn.com would surely appreciate this. Might be fellows that knew him. Welcome from Texas. Oh yeah that frost cap maker is my new background. replaced a 34 offenhauser sprint car next to an ardun headed 8ba flathead v8. That took some doing.

16. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

I can't seem to get in on main board. Am I shut out for some reason? I want to post old street pic I have on thumbnail so the strange car behind the trees can be seen.

17. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

AWWWWWWW now you're nice guy

18. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

Scroat I mean nice guy message
    bk53 or anybody I can't seem to post on main forum.

19. Nobey

Nobey

Anxiously awaiting more pics, thanks for posting and welcome......

20. Rock Hornbuckle

Rock Hornbuckle
    from Auburn wa

What a great piece of automotive history!

21. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

Well I'll just post it here again. What is that vehicle behind the trees? That is Grandpa Linderoth family, I dont know the year of photo, maybe 1923-1925, guessing by age of kids, my mother and uncle. Maybe I'll rescan it in HD.

Attached Files:

22. maybe one of you should p m with her about what's needed to get
    her on the main forum. Nice story.

23. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

sorry I haven't been back here sooner. If you haven't got this yet, at the top of this page, just below the banner there is an underlined hokey ass message board. Click on that and you should be able to post there.

24. I already started a new thread, in general discussion. The link to it is in post number 21

25. grandpa linderoth

grandpa linderoth

J.Fishbeck- sorry, how do I find post number 21?
    bk 53- yep, I've really tried everything 10 times. I understand management can shut you out, but i havent done anything wrong?
    the car behind the trees in the street scene looks like some kind of sports car, but its hard to see. When I find the old photo I'll rescan it.

26. The post count is in the grey line above your name, all the way to the right.