Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cad The Impaler - 33 Coupe Finished!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by englishrodder, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Stunning car.Those tailpipes are the dogs bollocks.

2. doctorZ

doctorZ

looks perfect! full of east coast goodness!!!!

3. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Awesome!, Id jack the rear up 2-3 inches, but thats probably because i havent spent any time on the right coast...

4. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I really really really really really really really really like the way it looks under the back. Such a critical area done so right with all the chrome and 4 pipes.

5. Stone

Stone

6. The Abreharts

The Abreharts

Dave - I have a bit of a personal interest in the car as I saw it from bare just about rolling chassis stage with floppy body when it arrived with Dave Haskell through to the beauty it now is. Am proud to say he now has a chassis underway for me. There have been some legendary vehicles created in his shop and yours definately adds to that list, love it.

7. southlondonboyuk

southlondonboyuk
    from england

Re "Cad the Impaler" or should that be "Cad the Imposter". Dave B. The car is very good, the pinstriping you laid on and the lettering, just good. Credit where credit is due.Credit to you for owning it but surely some credit must go to the builder, Dave Haskell.

8. Dont know who you are, (And to be honest I dont care) but the credit IS with the people that helped me build the car I wanted simple.

Your ramblings above make no sense, I didnt lay on the pinstriping and lettering you mention above.
    I built the car to a rolling chassis stage, got the engine, box, steering and pedals in etc. Then the car went to Dave's when I realised I was Crap at bodywork. Given my line of work I took the decision to have Dave take it from this to a finished car with some items done by other people (Like Langy) and myself included.

As your 1st post on the HAMB I guess you have a "beef" with me thats fine but dont hide behind a keyboard....say it directly to my face here in the UK!

If you dont think the credit is with the right people well so be it, not my problem. The people that have been involved in the car know they will get/have 100% of the credit for work or help the completed/gave (Read next months Custom Car!)

9. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

'Kool beans" Dave, I had to turn off the pictures because I was getting the front of my shirt all wet drooling. That is a perfect early 60's look. Point on.

10. miller91

miller91

I can't believe this is the guys first post, WTF? Love the car as I've already said, and englishrodder has from my view given credit where credit is due...southlondonboyuk needs to chill and think about what his next post oughta be...

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Dave, As miller91 has said great first post from southlondonboyuk, I for one REALLY look forward to next months Custom Car. Your '33 will be the only thing for a while now worth reading about!I saw Dave Haskell set his trousers on fire, kinda funny to see a legend of British Hot Rodding on fire!Dave as I've said before FUCKING OUTSTANDING HOT ROD!

Nick.

12. -Brent-

-Brent-

Very nice. First time I've seen it too. Is there a build thread or before pics?

13. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

I'd say you nailed it,perfecttttttttttttttttttt.

14. hershambob

hershambob

dave, car looks great mate,,you takin it to the outlaws doo next sunday???i could drive it while you watch,,cheers bob

15. motorhead711

motorhead711

Damn nice ride man. Good job.

16. The Abreharts

The Abreharts

Dave, am guessing the Andy Kassa 3 window was a big inspiration for the build esp with Barris badges as well as Italian air cleaners. Was there any specific car that inspired the interior? I love the chrome 57 Chevy buttons and straight horizontal pleat panels etc. Keith ps are the air cleaners original ones or reproductions?

17. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

That is EXACTLY what "old school" is all about. That's what they looked like then, and if you're trying for the period...that's what they should look like now. Not necessarily precisely that appearance, but a definite feeling of proper craftsmanship and attention to detail - sufficient personal touches to make it yours. Very well done, and thank you for sharing.

dj

18. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Great, now I have to stop what I'm doing and head back out to the garage.

This is something very close to what I imagined my car would look like. Red's not my colour but you have some great ideas which - yoink!...I'll be using as idea seeds on mine. Particularly the interior. Heaps of new ideas have now sprung into my already spining head.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

20. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Leave it to a bloody Brit...... To nail it! Way to go! That car is spot on! I hope you enjoy it as much as us yanks do!

21. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

That interior is the MOST, to say the least !.....Great car !

22. Dave - Car looks amazing! Hope to see you at the Golden Super Cruise tonight. I've got to get some pics of you rod!

23. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

24. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Outstanding job there man!......Nice to see someone nail a sixties aesthetic for a change, could have come right out of Rodding and Re-Styling.......beautiful!
    (I know it's a three year old post...... just saw it!)

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  25. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

nice ride. i dig the motor mounts. been trying to figure out what to do with mine

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

That is one great hot rod!

27. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Just seen this thread for the first time also...PERFECT!!

28. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I got to talk to Dave & check out his ride at the Golden Cruise last Sat nite. Nice guy & a very impressive car. Hope to see it a lot more at the cruises & shows around Denver this summer. Rick

29. ambsn

ambsn