Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bold black titles?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by elvis2, Apr 28, 2012.

1. elvis2

elvis2
    from midwest

How does these guys get the--- BOLD BLACK------- print when they advertise .All i get is the "standard hard to read print", and mine stays that way it seems , as long as my ad is viewable. Any help here would be good pm me then i won't miss your words thank you very much help!!!elvis2

ps everybodies but mine is in bold black type, in their titles of their posts I have tried all i kbnow to change this"no luck at all" I am doing something wrong please share with me my problem :(

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Any post you have looked at / opened will be non bold until there has been a new comment made //// that is how your ad should look if people are fallowing the rules and not replying to it.

3. elvis2

elvis2
    from midwest

Why do i see "bold black print" on several posts with a "o" replies on them??

4. crazycory1

crazycory1

5. elvis2

elvis2
    from midwest

Being as i'm not a great pc guy.Html ??is that under "manage your account"?????

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Like I said
    Non bold = things you have looked at

Bold = things you havent looked at or has a new reply from last you looked

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  7. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Mine still is in BOLD for months now the stuff I've already read

8. elvis2

elvis2
    from midwest

thank you flatmotor!!preciate your help:) bob

9. I think we're talking about two different but similar issues here.

10. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

There's a lot going on here. First off, yes once you read a thread the Bold Title goes away from the board until a reply has been posted. There are several threads in this section I haven't read that still have bold titles, just like the ones I have read without new replies do not.

Now, and maybe one of the admins can confirm this, it very well could be that if your browser clears themselves whenever they're closed (some can be setup to do this by default). If yours is set to do this, than your browser does not recognize which you have read and which you have not. This could be causing it, but like I said the admins would know better.

11. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Need a simple clarification. I can post a thread and right off the bat, I do not get bold print on my title. Why???

12. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Because you have had it open
    As soon as someone reply’s and you haven’t opened it yet it will be bold

13. You answered your own question,,,no one has replied so it stays bold until otherwise. HRP

14. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Maybe I worded it wrong. (1) I compose it. (2) I send it to list it. (3) I go on the forum, I do not open my thread or click on it, NOTHING!, but there it is, no views, no replys, but it is, the title not in bold print!

15. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

thats because you created the thread and thus have "seen" it. go click on a thread on the main board and then click back and refresh the page. it will go unbold then when someone response to it, it will become bold again. This is normal and you need not worry

16. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Thanks pinkynoegg. That was easy enough. Makes sense and all this time I was wondering what gives, CG